The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Yes. I initially used it for Video prior to purchasing my 70D. Now its my street camera. Learning to use the additional setting is tough since its no longer my everyday camera.

Looking forward to digging deep into it when my lady gets back with this card reader, so many shoots and concepts I want to put together, only thing is finding the right time.

Took these in Cabo last week. This was our first time ever going to Cabo and it was beautiful. It was also a first time flight for both of my boys.

Our last day in Cabo and this happens. Tropical storm in the Ocean and it was amazing.Took me about 30-40 shots to get these 2.

One of my pet peeves: horizons! Get a level and then check it in post-production.

(Next on the list would be white balance probably).

The storm pictures are cool but you need a tripod so you can reduce the ISO and shoot longer exposures - that would reduce the grain and actually makes it easier to shoot lightning - when it flashes it's almost like using a fill flash and you don't have to get the timing just right.

The storm pictures are cool but you need a tripod so you can reduce the ISO and shoot longer exposures - that would reduce the grain and actually makes it easier to shoot lightning - when it flashes it's almost like using a fill flash and you don't have to get the timing just right.
Tripod is definitely needed.

Tripod is definitely needed.
Gorlliapods off of Amazon are good for trips too.
Amazon product ASIN B000EVSLRO

^^^^Something to look into since honestly I had no idea it made that much of a difference. Check out this video of how circular polarizers work. Would have worked really nice on your photo. Makes me realize there are a ton of reflections when shooting landscapes. I might invest in one finally but not sure if I should do it with the 50mm or the 24mm. In the vid it says using it for lenses longer than 35mm is ideal but you can still get nice effects with a 24mm but you might get tons of vignetting.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/vMOsBG2JaZY?list=UUhUi5Gm8w-S_d6dS31cFCnQ

Where do you guys get your LR presets?

Saw a nice collection but not trying to pay the price I saw.

Last edited:
#whoneedsautofocus what will you be rocking these on? mirrorless? i was able to snag a canon 50mm f1.4 fd lens in awesome condition for $60, been trying to snag a f1.2 for a minute...

i have a canon t3i and that 50mm is on a canon AE-1 that i have lying around. IDK if the lens or the camera still works, but I am gonna try it because i want to learn using film.

Going to be switching to LR soon since Apple is stopping support for Aperture :smh:

I'm sure it'll be a good tradeoff long term, but man, migrating my photo library is gonna be a pain

Another old one...haven't been out shooting as much as I'd like lately

sf by bjamez20, on Flickr

i think similar to other filters you can just by one for the larger diameter lens use step down rings if the difference isn't too big...
What do you mean stackable?

Meaning you can stack multiple things on top of the filter. Same with photoshop. Everything should work as layers.

IN theory, every photoshop file should be like this. You don't merge until the end.

Photo_editing_retouch_photos_Layers_Photoshop_cheat_sheet.jpg

Back
Top Bottom