The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Pretty much. I need that shutter speed higher which pushes my need for flash but since i'm trying to prevent hard shadows i need my flash to bounce which in turn makes me need a stronger flash in order to have a lit subject which is why I have to shoot with my ISO at 1000.

unless I don't understand something

I'm moving into taking the pics remotely as i chill across the room on my tablet or phone but of course that'll burn my battery down but it sure is fun and I'll post pics from last night soon too

Lol nice pics. What camera are you using?

@IamDEF - Great capture, especially on that first one

Some Randoms.. Picked up a Canon 60D not too long ago, I have a 50mm 1.4 and a 28-135mm

Random 7-21-14-3 by Kush_Dry_Goods, on Flickr
Random 7-21-14-7 by Kush_Dry_Goods, on Flickr
Random 7-21-14-6 by Kush_Dry_Goods, on Flickr
Random 7-21-14-2 by Kush_Dry_Goods, on Flickr
Random 7-17-14-2 by Kush_Dry_Goods, on Flickr
Random 7-21-14-8 by Kush_Dry_Goods, on Flickr

Taken by my homie Stixx with my cam, thought it came out well

Random 7-30-14-4 by Kush_Dry_Goods, on Flickr

Protectors of Far Rockaway Beach by TooLegit4Kicks, on Flickr

Went to the beach today. After fighting endlessly with these beasts over Pringles, I came up with some really great shots. I have more to edit that has like 6 of them in flight.

The last one is a little subtle, a little too tired to go in depth with editing in LR

Pics from yesterday

Pics from last week's poetry night. First time using my external flash  to bounce the light off the wall behind me instead of direct flash

14763575405_1e3459d981_z.jpg

14740656386_a743ccf7c8_z.jpg

14763350215_423361e1b0_z.jpg

hope you don't mind, just quickly edited these...i know you were going for a natural look but it seems like you could push these more for drama, given the occassion; or would that be too cliche?

hoping to make a time lapse from one of these:

sunrise piering by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

(ultra) wider is better by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

sunset remasterd by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

Ksteezy you killed that wedding. Were you a second shooter?

Thanks bro! It was more like another primary, wedding was huge so our responsabilities were pretty much the same, reason why I've been able to post about it so much on IG, my broinlaw actually came along as the assistant....it was a really cool wedding...and that dress :wow:

^^^^Do you and the other shooter come up with way different type of photos? Does that pose as a concern to the bride and groom? I always wondered that. I seen some wedding shots from a friend of mine and noticed one shooter did such a better job than the other that they didn't think it was worth the money to get only half of the photos that are good. I guess just don't hire or go to work with an amateur.

@tokes99  no i don't mind at all, yea I try not to edit my pics too much now. when i first got LR i edited each one and now I prefer when I edit that I leave the photos with that natural look

^^^^Do you and the other shooter come up with way different type of photos? Does that pose as a concern to the bride and groom? I always wondered that. I seen some wedding shots from a friend of mine and noticed one shooter did such a better job than the other that they didn't think it was worth the money to get only half of the photos that are good. I guess just don't hire or go to work with an amateur.
What was so good about the the first shooter's pics and so bad about the others?

My Boy who was the main hired photog is actually very good and his style reflects mine because I'm pretty much the reason he ever picked up a camera in the first place, he's pretty much a natural tho, been shooting for a year and doing good for himself already, his style is pretty similar to mine, I'd say what sets my style apart is how wide I shoot, not a lot of wedding photogs are out there shooting 90% of a wedding with a 24L they had a belly dancer and if you look at their hashtag (it's on my IG pics) you'll see me in a lot f the belly dancer vids really up close

Close enough to get shots like these
:lol:

I've shot a few NTers special day and I'm sure they'll vouch, I GETS IN THERE. :lol:

Tokes, those landscapes are amazing. What were your settings? Mind doing a before and after with the post processing?

What was so good about the the first shooter's pics and so bad about the others?

Really it was just basic stuff. Some shots were a tad underexposed, one shooter used too much flash where the other used natural light, composition, etc. It's like the other shooter just had a speedlight and went nuts on it with a zoom lens. It was just like shooting a photo to get a photo and not shooting a nice photo. Honestly it really does come down to preference from your clients and if people don't care than it won't matter but one set looked so much more professional than the other that it was hard to overlook.

Really it was just basic stuff. Some shots were a tad underexposed, one shooter used too much flash where the other used natural light, composition, etc. It's like the other shooter just had a speedlight and went nuts on it with a zoom lens. It was just like shooting a photo to get a photo and not shooting a nice photo. Honestly it really does come down to preference from your clients and if people don't care than it won't matter but one set looked so much more professional than the other that it was hard to overlook.

Well as a primary you want to hire a second that is close enough to your style of shooting so the final product you hand your clients is seamless, if you hire a second and his pictures turn out crappy, I wouldn't hand my clients any of their work, as a main you shouldn't rely too much on your second and still treat a wedding as if you are shooting it alone....the only shots I rely on my second heavy is the groom getting ready, which usually the couple don't really make an issue of anyways.

That's kinda what I thought would be the problem which I feel could have been avoided by viewing their previous work. Sounds like a pro worked with an experienced amateur.

Back
Top Bottom