The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

After last night, I realized I have to invest in a camera so I can start taking better pictures. Phone isn't going to cut it anymore

I think it depends if you want a system camera or a fixed lens. Nice thing with the M is you can get Canon glass that will work with a DSLR if you upgrade. I agree though I'd take the Sony.

I've got that Samyang for Fuji mount, fun (and cheap) lens

I have yet to see people utilize the M with Canon glass. I mean the main issue with camera is focus system and pairing that with a Canon lens just seems like a pain where you'd never get the shot. The reason why I like that Samyang fisheye is cause you'd be shooting at infinity most of the time, well assuming you are only taking landscape photos.

After last night, I realized I have to invest in a camera so I can start taking better pictures. Phone isn't going to cut it anymore
lol what happened last night if you don't mind me asking?
I mean the best camera is the one you have on you. I'm not saying don't invest in a good camera, but I think phone cameras have their place in the "photography" world. I certainly don't lug my DSLR around with me whenever I go out. Though I should start bringing it around more. 

lol what happened last night if you don't mind me asking?
I mean the best camera is the one you have on you. I'm not saying don't invest in a good camera, but I think phone cameras have their place in the "photography" world. I certainly don't lug my DSLR around with me whenever I go out. Though I should start bringing it around more. 
My s5 didn't really take that great of pictures at the concert I was at. I don't have a digital camera (yet) because I haven't invested in one. Gonna start looking though

This was probably the best photo I took. My first time taking night photos with the s5 so I'm not sure if it was just me, the camera, or the fact that galaxy s5 isn't good in night settings but 

poh-poh-1.png

Do any of you guys use "Back Button Focus" in your photographs? I picked up on this and trying to grasp the concept as far as applying it in AF-S and AF-C modes. I've watched youtube videos and read articles but i'm somewhat kinda lost.

I use a Nikon and had set my AE-L/AF-L button as my Auto-Focus. So lets say I'm taking a picture of an object that's not moving, Do i have to press the AE-L/AF-L button to lock the focus on then press the shutter button while still pressing the AE-L/AF-L button? or do I have to release the button then hit the shutter button?

In AF-C mode, do i have to keep holding the AE-L/AF-L button to track the subject as it moves then hit the shutter button when i start shooting?

Do any of you guys use "Back Button Focus" in your photographs? I picked up on this and trying to grasp the concept as far as applying it in AF-S and AF-C modes. I've watched youtube videos and read articles but i'm somewhat kinda lost.

I use a Nikon and had set my AE-L/AF-L button as my Auto-Focus. So lets say I'm taking a picture of an object that's not moving, Do i have to press the AE-L/AF-L button to lock the focus on then press the shutter button while still pressing the AE-L/AF-L button? or do I have to release the button then hit the shutter button?

In AF-C mode, do i have to keep holding the AE-L/AF-L button to track the subject as it moves then hit the shutter button when i start shooting?

Good question. When I was using the 5D Mark 2, people have advised on using the back focus but overall, that camera just really had horrible focusing issues cause I had the same results using both.

But my questions is, why even have a back focus button when there is one on the shutter button? That is probably a dumb question but I literally don't know the answer. I also just read what exposure compensation was when I had no idea what that meant. Thank god I only shoot manual where it doesn't totally apply.

i read somewhere yesterday that on if you use back button focusing on a nikon it doesnt activate vibration reduction in the lens

Good question. When I was using the 5D Mark 2, people have advised on using the back focus but overall, that camera just really had horrible focusing issues cause I had the same results using both.

But my questions is, why even have a back focus button when there is one on the shutter button? That is probably a dumb question but I literally don't know the answer. I also just read what exposure compensation was when I had no idea what that meant. Thank god I only shoot manual where it doesn't totally apply.

i believe the back button focus is useful for when you you DON'T want the have the half press shutter activate/change your focus, useful for those times you change your composition/framing but not your focus; it just locks your AF so the camera is trying to get focus every time you hit the shutter...

How do you guys feel about refurbished cameras? Are they worth buying or?

Refurbished cameras are basically like buying a new one if you're buying it straight from the manufacture. They performing tests and clean it thoroughly. It's like buying a refurbished mac, pretty much brand new

For anyone interested. There's a popup sale shop near union square in nyc. They sells strictly panasonic stuff but I walked in there a day ago and they had some decent panasonic cameras for a good price. LX7, ZS40, etc.

Lady working there had a bomb phatty (spanish) and told me the store closes tomorrow night. Just a heads up.

Thanks dude.

The whole Fatlace and even The Hundreds really had to do with Niketalk actually. I found out about Niketalk through the owner of Fatlace when I was in college. He had his own site with some links and NT was one of them. This was when the shoe craze was huge at the time so I got on NT just to get the heads up on when things were dropping. During this time also was when the streetwear game was getting big too and The Hundreds was just a small company that used to get promoted on here. So just from being on here for so long and knowing about these brands and just having an active lifestyle, they both hit me up to see if I wanted to blog on their site and I agreed to. It has it's pros and cons but I really wish (more so) The Hundreds hit me up like 5 years ago when I was really going out in SF like everyday. I am 33 years old now and just don't have that ambition like I used to but luckily SF still provides so much content where it's easy.

It's fun though and I like shooting for the most part as long as it doesn't interfere with my regular life. Ironically I am on NT so much cause work is slow and I have access to it. Haha. Wish i could be out shooting all day like the other guys.

thats a cool story. ill definitely keep up with your posts

Florence Day 2-5 by hodrick., on Flickr

Florence Day 2-9 by hodrick., on Flickr

Florence Day 2-10 by hodrick., on Flickr

Florence Day 2-12 by hodrick., on Flickr

Back
Top Bottom