The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

WOW your work is amazing. I just followed u on IG. :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

a7r ii has in body stabilization too huh? :wow: :x :pimp:

Thank you. It does have in body stabilization. I primarily use it with the Canon 24-105 which also has stabilization. Although I have no clue how those work in concert with each other or at all LOL.

I love it though but am still getting used to it.

Thank you. It does have in body stabilization. I primarily use it with the Canon 24-105 which also has stabilization. Although I have no clue how those work in concert with each other or at all LOL.

Damn good stuff on your IG. Always good to see you NT photographers work on there.

I finally got all my adapters and budget lenses in the mail today and I'm pretty impressed with the Minolta AF Zoom 35-70mm. I noticed that the auto focus doesn't work with these lenses when using the LAEA1 adapter but the manual focus works pretty damn good even though the focusing ring is pretty limited. I like these Minolta lenses over the 18-55 kit lens that came with the NEX 7. I'll try to upload some sample shots later

Recently ditched my D800 for a Sony A7Rii. Love it so far. Especially for video.

Any cons from going to the Sony off the bat? I always hear the menu system is just ridiculous but I always wondered if the transition from going to the A7Rii is an easy one.

Look who finally switched to Sony. I knew it was only a matter of time.

Last edited:
im editing some old pics.

this must be the life

^ Just curious, but why do you love hearing people ditch their dlsr?

It's not that I don't like DSLRs. They're absolutely great. If I had to shoot professional work, it would probably be with a DSLR. It's just in this thread, I feel that most people are all about DSLRs and aren't really too well informed on mirrorless. I guess I just like seeing an underdog do well; You know what I mean? It's refreshing seeing people shoot with something that's not Nikon or Canon. I guess I worded it too strongly. I should have said something like, I like seeing people switch to mirrorless over DSLRs.

Been shooting with my d3100 since 2011...think its time to hang her up. I mainly shoot portrait, my only lenses have been the 35 1/8 and a nifty 50. What would be the most logical step from here? Go full frame? NT photo heads point me in the right direction (and maybe even a sale :nerd: :smokin)

Been shooting with my d3100 since 2011...think its time to hang her up. I mainly shoot portrait, my only lenses have been the 35 1/8 and a nifty 50. What would be the most logical step from here? Go full frame? NT photo heads point me in the right direction (and maybe even a sale :nerd: :smokin)

What are you looking to shoot? If you go full frame, your 35 (assuming it's DX) would pretty much be useless. I'd recommend something along the lines of a D7100/D7200. If you can go full frame, by all means! D800's aren't that bad compared to before and you can get D700's for next to nothing when it comes to full frame cameras.

Last edited:

What are you looking to shoot? If you go full frame, your 35 (assuming it's DX) would pretty much be useless. I'd recommend something along the lines of a D7100/D7200. If you can go full frame, by all means! D800's aren't that bad compared to before and you can get D700's for next to nothing when it comes to full frame cameras.

Wait what they got d7100/d7200 now???? tf :wow:

And I'm primarily going to stick shooting portrait...I dabbled a bit into studio lighting so that's something I definitely want to explore more now that I'm bouta graduate college. And yeah I'm cool with the DX lens going outta commish lol it served its purpose.

I'll look into the D700, but wasn't there also a d600? Good looks on these full frames fam ima do more research.

Congrats on graduating homie!! I totally forgot about the D600/610. Inonlynsuggested D700 if you were on a budget since that's super old tech. About 2008. There's even the D810 of you got the bread.

I know used D800s are going anywhere from $1300-$1800 and they're one beast of a camera. Also Nikon Df if you want that retro vibe. Regardless, whatever body you choose will be amazing. You just need to get some good glass!

heatpinoyboy heatpinoyboy

If you're flexible on the price, grab the D750. You'll be set for the next 5 years you keep your camera and wont feel like its outdated. I'm happy with mine.

If sticking with crop, the D7xxx is definitely a good choice given the price points and features. You'll appreciate a more robust camera. You can also use older/cheaper lenses that don't have a focus motor since the D7xxx has BIM. The D500 may be overkill price wise if portraiture is your focus -- would be better to get a D7xxx and spend the difference on a longer prime to extend your range.

heatpinoyboy heatpinoyboy

If you're flexible on the price, grab the D750. You'll be set for the next 5 years you keep your camera and wont feel like its outdated. I'm happy with mine.

If sticking with crop, the D7xxx is definitely a good choice given the price points and features. You'll appreciate a more robust camera. You can also use older/cheaper lenses that don't have a focus motor since the D7xxx has BIM. The D500 may be overkill price wise if portraiture is your focus -- would be better to get a D7xxx and spend the difference on a longer prime to extend your range.

I agree with all of this.

Since you do portrait work, i HIGHLY recommend jumping to full frame... d750 can be copped a very reasonable price.

Jumping from 1 crop to another crop is not going to give you a dramatic difference in overall quality.... just a crap load of features.

I loved my d7000 but i dont ever want to go back to a crop sensor camera for portraits after switching to canon and getting a 5d mk ii.

BTW that pic u posted is super dope, heatpinoyboy

Last edited:
HankHill HankHill
djyoung08 djyoung08

Much love for the advice and helping me narrow my research to come to a conclusion, I'll make sure to let ya'll know what I end up purchasing down the line.

Dam I wish I can change my SN it's weird as hell when typed out :lol: middle school regrets smh

Back
Top Bottom