The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

fillmore-slim-111.jpg

fillmore-slim-121.jpg

Pat, Rolo, Jason.....good stuff fellas.

I shot a couple pics of my Homies Harley today:

5D, 16-35L.

Cris.

thanks guys. the eye shot i took with my 70-200 then i cropped it really really tightly. used a 580 ex ii flash in front for the reflection off my eye then i enhanced the pic with lightroom.

Nice shots Dunks. Man....every year I fail to try and take firework pics. They always have that nice "oooh" and "wooooow" factor.

Originally Posted by Jordan Novice

Originally Posted by Jordan Novice

Originally Posted by JRHodges11

Yea man you might not wanna use the flashes I read up on that because I was thinking of doing the same thing but they say alot of the older flashes have more voltage output then the newer dslr's can tolerate so theres a chance it could fry your camera

So nay on the flashes? How would I know if they're ever compatible? As for lenses, how about those?
What I was thinking about doing since i come up on cheap old flashes often is getting some and using some triggers for them maybe set them up with some soft boxes or something. I have a couple of old lenses just make sure you know how to shoot in manual good I have a Pentax-M 50 1.7 that I absolutely love but took some time to get used to it. and just google the flash model and maybe contact the maker they should tell you if its compatible and with which models.

Originally Posted by lauk4kicks

nice stuff! Where was this? It looks like something out of a Nike or Gatorade commercial with the b&w.

thank you. it was at the san francisco pro am

RhymeSik - Your pictures look soft to me (sharp wise) and some are over exposed. I see that you use a large aperture for alot of your shots so maybe try lowering your iso or making your shutter speed higher to compliment your aperture.

First July 4th w/ a DSLR. And this time I haz a Nifty Fifty.
smile.gif

out of about 100+ pics, these 3 came out most clear.  no tripod.
rhvn2b.jpg

30xhk5w.jpg

dw83h0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom