IMG_6538.jpg

IMG_6545.jpg

IMG_6548.jpg

IMG_6552.jpg

IMG_6560.jpg

Originally Posted by OnlySomeJordans

Originally Posted by Meallen125

few shots from my nikon d90<

Should've taken a few steps to the left to get that street sign pole out of the way. Ruins the picture of the beautiful 458.
If youre gonna move, it should be across the street. The curb covering part of the tires is pretty distracting and would only get worse walking left.

^^^Or get a wide angle lens so you don't have to really move at all to get your shot. It definitely is a nice luxury especially when you want to get something massive like buildings and landscapes.

Why is the new nikkor 50mm f/1.8 $219 ?
just for auto-focus 
30t6p3b.gif

Fong, I know what you mean. I guess I'm just gonna go with no watermark until I finalize a design for my current one. The Hundreds watermark works well with all his shots, and it doesn't really take away from the image at all. 

Originally Posted by gunitg23

Why is the new nikkor 50mm f/1.8 $219 ?

just for auto-focus 
30t6p3b.gif

It's pretty much the new nifty fifty for Nikons with just a better build. I don't even use my 35mm as much as I would like for whatever reason. I just don't like how it bokehs and it seems slow. I am finally getting an ND filter for it though, so I should at least have some decent daytime shots finally.

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

Originally Posted by OnlySomeJordans

Originally Posted by Meallen125

few shots from my nikon d90<

Should've taken a few steps to the left to get that street sign pole out of the way. Ruins the picture of the beautiful 458.
If youre gonna move, it should be across the street. The curb covering part of the tires is pretty distracting and would only get worse walking left.
i took other shots of it but it had the plate number in it and i didnt feel like blurring it out...i was just walking around D.C. w/ my cam...nothing was planned

i actually just got the camera and am new to photography so this thread is quite inspiring
pimp.gif

santi, watermark is dependent on the type of photography you shoot. You can't use a colorful logo when you're shooting black and white, low light, etc.

I'm looking for a cheap P&S that can shoot video. I don't want terrible quality, but I'm not trying to spend too much either. A happy medium with a cap at around $150 max. Any recommendations? I'm looking at the Canon A1200 or A800. I'm not sure how the quality of the A800 is though.

Originally Posted by CParkFresh

Originally Posted by spacerace

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Hmmm...that is a really good questions. Sometimes I forget Nikon even came out with this D5100 camera. Is it like a high end entry level camera, like the Canon T3i? It will definitely save you a couple of bucks to get the D5100 and there is even a $50 off rebate as well, which makes it at about $750 + tax as apposed to the D90 still be under a grand. Well, as long as the D5100 is not like the D3000 cause I tried that camera and that thing is just way too slow, even with a fast lens on it. I saw go with the D5100 and save the rest of the money for a 35mm or 50mm prime lens.
thanks for the response. the main reason why i think i might go with the 5100 over the d90 is that the d5100 is a 16.2MP camera versus the 12.3MP d90
The D5100 does not have an internal focus motor. This is going to seriously limit the lenses that you will be able to use effectively with the camera.

IMHO this is way more important than MP.
THIS
I have a D40, which has the same issue... not internal AF motor.  Now I have to get lenses with  AF-S, or else I'd be stuck with MF.  In retrospect I guess I shoulda got an entry-level Canon, which appears to have the AF motor.  

Take the 50mm 1.8... I think the normal one is around $100, give or take?  The AF-S one is around $600, if memory serves.  

When the D5100 first surfaced, I thought about an upgrade, but after discovering that there was no AF again, I started looking at the D7000... unfortunately it's $1200.  

Back
Top Bottom