The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Originally Posted by funkyfreshfelix

19535f31e653c9cf5630b84018dd3a856865d76.png
de535cc9eb65cc255a85bf9216bd91ee6878999.png
8be3528deebbc4605b22bd49146bf93459cd187.png

what's the effect used for the last two pics?

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Just got back from NYC. Some tourist photos:

a-new-york-minute-10.jpg

a-new-york-minute-11.jpg

a-new-york-minute-12.jpg

Beautiful pics as always Fong. I'm going on a trip to NY in a few weeks I'm taking my girl (sn) and going to pop the Q. Was wondering if you could tell me where exactly these pics where taken at?

^^^^Oh word? Wasn't there someone on the news like a couple of weeks ago that proposed and lost his ring on the Brooklyn bridge? Just make sure you have that thing clutched in your hand.

First pic was taken near Pier 11 near the fish market. I just checked google and I guess it's South St. right along the water facing the Brooklyn Bridge. Next one was taken on the Empire State Building and the last one was taken at Wall St at the New York Stock Exchange area. I guess for the solitude, I would suggest to propose at Pier 11 because all the other areas are tourist infested. Anyways.....good luck with it all and congrats.

Some other NYC pics:

the-bridge-is-over-1.jpg

the-bridge-is-over-2.jpg

the-bridge-is-over-3.jpg

Thanks for the well wishes and the help, but yea I seen that in the news Idk whats more crazy the dude droppin it down the bridge or one of the DOT/construction workers ruturning it. Must not have been an extravagant one or I'm thinking they would've never seen it again. If I dropped mine, wow. But yea that view from the Empire is crazy though I've never been up at night, and I cant for the life of me remember the name of that park. Thats the one that has a decent club/lounge there with the ice skating in winter right?

fong you might have already mentioned this but what was your set up for the bridge shots

Originally Posted by KickHead23

Thanks for the well wishes and the help, but yea I seen that in the news Idk whats more crazy the dude droppin it down the bridge or one of the DOT/construction workers ruturning it. Must not have been an extravagant one or I'm thinking they would've never seen it again. If I dropped mine, wow. But yea that view from the Empire is crazy though I've never been up at night, and I cant for the life of me remember the name of that park. Thats the one that has a decent club/lounge there with the ice skating in winter right?

I don't even remember the park. Probably ask some of the guys in the northeast forum. I am sure they can tell you.

Originally Posted by beans718

fong you might have already mentioned this but what was your set up for the bridge shots

I used my 18-105 kit lens and 10.5mm fisheye for the middle shot.

jack, fong- awesome stuff guys. tons of nice stuff in here

just getting into taking good pictures, any good resources i should be checking out?

jack, fong- awesome stuff guys. tons of nice stuff in here

just getting into taking good pictures, any good resources i should be checking out?

Back
Top Bottom