The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

@ adobo:

the picture with the hair and the ER entrance is really really well executed, looks like a movie frame, love it.

Are there any websites that you guys know of that do weekly assignments? It would be cool if we could start something like that here, unless there's something like that already.

5077528956_9be4084fc5_z.jpg

5071634123_b82eecf7e4_z.jpg

5072133248_ba11f8cbc2_z.jpg

5072089468_0ffaf7ec3a_z.jpg

I know this is a weird place to ask this, but this is the thread I've posted the most in over the years so I figured I'd be more likely to get a straight answer here.

Who the hell is in charge of the 10.5-11 B/S forum? I'm trying to get rid of my sneakers so I can afford to get ABs and (hopefully) a 70-200 f/2.8 but my two week
old thread hasn't been approved. I messaged both memph and jaymatik but no response and their profiles say they haven't even signed on in weeks.

HELP?

I need to a camera to take good product shots sneakers tees jackets etc.

I leaning towards the Pentax K-X 12.4MP do you guys think that will do the job?

^
I have no experience with that camera.
However, if you're spending that much ($670 according to Amazon), you're better off getting a Canon T1i or Nikon D5000.

With Canon or Nikon, you have a higher resell value if you ever decide to upgrade or if you simply don't want it.
Also with Canon or Nikon, you have a huge list of lenses to choose from (1st and 3rd party).

Also, don't get caught up in higher mega pixel counts, or gimmicky features.
Many cameras are capable of great photos, it depends a lot on the person behind the lens...

^ thanks i found a deal on the Pentax for $500 that why i was kinda leaning towards them and it shoots 780p video

Haven't taken pictures in a while. I applied for a photography job at UCR Student Life and they asked me to cover Midnight Madness//After Madness which is kind of a pep rally to kickoff the basketball season as a tryout to see how well I do. Hope my pictures are good enough. Comments/criticism are appreciated.
5088292246_396f62c888_z.jpg

DJ Felli Fel @ UCR Midnight Madness//After Madness

5087639239_ef8fe89a74_z.jpg

5088241150_b50ae98b93_z.jpg

For more, peep the Flickr.

Man I'm really trying to get better at taking pictures but it seems like I need better lenses. Maybe I just need a little more advice. Anyone have any good tips?

Originally Posted by trancebboy

^
I have no experience with that camera.
However, if you're spending that much ($670 according to Amazon), you're better off getting a Canon T1i or Nikon D5000.

With Canon or Nikon, you have a higher resell value if you ever decide to upgrade or if you simply don't want it.
Also with Canon or Nikon, you have a huge list of lenses to choose from (1st and 3rd party).

Also, don't get caught up in higher mega pixel counts, or gimmicky features.
Many cameras are capable of great photos, it depends a lot on the person behind the lens...
thanks for your advice bro i just spent the extra cash and went with the T1i now time to learn hot to use this bad boy
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom