**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Damn it, my size in that RL bear too.

Snagged what yall are calling the Macy's bear up here in Canada today too. Is it 100% confirmed that what Macy's is shipping out is this bear and not the RL version on their site? Kinda had my fingers crossed that I'd find that RL one in a Macy's tomorrow when I hit Upstate NY.
Lol word, Canada getting some play but seeing how normally nothing ill or exclusive touch down canada id say Macy bear is def inferior. Ralph scraping every dollar off the bear plate 

I really wanted to reserve judgement until it arrived but I really feel swindled so I'm almost certain I will return or sell it to a friend, how lazy is it of them to put up the wrong picture, thats crazy… mine shipped before I could cancel, arrives Tuesday…

^That Fair Isle cardigan is nice SP.

I agree with you on this 100000% jay I'll stick to to my eagle k t neck. And I hate this cotton blend bull on RL knits now. I'm not surprised at all about the bear cause I was told at the RL party I attended last year this is what was going down. They are not going to be the same and the price most defiantly will be more. And when it's done it's done. Also I was told that Ralph will not be "retroing" the classics,we will get nods here and there but not a straight up repro. We got "plates" but for a whole new lane (canoe/kayak = track/olylimpics ) but most importantly to the vagaurd of us rockers (1)you guys keep all your classic/power pieces (2) cause they will not be coming back!!! This I was told by several male and female RL corporate that I was introduced throughout the night. Ralph focus is on the japan market witch is his strongist market and the black label.
Good info Krash. I'm ok with getting "Nu-Retros" from RL since in many case they appeal to me better than the originals, especially the sportsman/hunting and native amercian pieces.

As far as the Macy's Bear, it's only right that RL wanted to keep the something special in-house. But Macy's is lowdown for pulling the switch :lol: which they have been doing for years.
The best news out of this is the restock on Macy's. There's more than enough bear sweaters to keep people satisfied. People will start to fell much better about the Macy's Bear when they see their favorite celeb rocking it.

Last edited:
Ima wait to see if I can catch it on sale at Macy's. My wife doesn't want me to get one and doesn't want me wearing any of the bear stuff I already have. I'm starting to agree with her now. I'm 38 and although the bears still appeal to me, I've only worn 1 bear sweatshirt in the last 10 years or so.

just some of my recent pick ups now just waiting on the polo bear to arrive from macys

Dope fit Sneakerpimp2k8, and nice pickups dreads2you. I'm still debating getting that flag vest myself.

Last edited:
Me and you both @smokedog...I still have 8 other bear knit just chillin...I do however wouldn't mind a sweatshirt for the weekend.

...i do like the macys bear though. have yet to see it in person but from the photos i like how it has less of a smile than the RL version.

She rung it up just for ish and giggles and it worked. Came up to $198
i spoke to my rep and she said the presale coupon doesnt work because its not even valid until 11/7...on top of that its not supposed to work bc the bear is excluded from the discount. i hope i am wrong though... are u saying u bought it at 25% off already and have it in hand? 

Last edited:
i spoke to my rep and she said the presale coupon doesnt work because its not even valid until 11/7...on top of that its not supposed to work bc the bear is excluded from the discount. i hope i am wrong though... are u saying u bought it at 25% off already and have it in hand? 

That's what I was saying previously. She said wait until 11/7, so you can get the 25% disco. I ended up using the Star Reward coupon to cop.

Just caught of the bay, I was looking for this varsity jacket for years....it's like the tiger head, but no tiger head Lol, but I love it

Back
Top Bottom