**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

:lol: it was just a question b

Im nt familiar at all with RL but i bought my some clothes off their site this week for the first time and saw the indian headdress shirts and yeezus concert tees have the same basic design so i was curious

Don't expect everybody to be all lovey-dovey, as is the case with sneakers, when you start asking about older Polo. That's just the way it is - the cultures are different. But, you have to see how that was pretty naive question, no? I mean Kanye West vs. Ralph Lauren?? I mean, that's like asking whether Chaka Khan's "Through The Fire" was based on Kanye's song. Like, how would Ralphy look biting somebody as unaccomplished in the fashion world as Yeezus.

* I wish I could make the sample analogy with a more current song, but I don't think I can name a single Kanye song released after his second album.

But on a whole other note...........

Nice come-up!

What up people. First time poster long time follower. Just want to big up all the contributors to this forum dropping jems. I missed a few good topics recently, so don't mind if I chime in once and a while. Flatbush salute.

My first contribution.

copped this 2 or 3 years back, definately not on the rack anymore, ebay or a NTer might have one...
Reason for the question is because I did  copp outta Bloomies like 5 days ago. Heavy discount obviously since is '11. Nobody had a clue how it stayed there or got there but i wanted to know if there was anymore floating around.... Thanks tho 
wink.gif

Reason for the question is because I did copp outta Bloomies like 5 days ago. Heavy discount obviously since is '11. Nobody had a clue how it stayed there or got there but i wanted to know if there was anymore floating around.... Thanks tho :wink:

Someone swithched the tags. Probably bought that shirt at marshalls or something then bought a full priced shirt from bloomies, switched the tags and returned the marshalls shirt and got full price returned. Seen that scam a number of times, I'm pretty sure thats how I got the wild river cardigan for $30. I saw a blue label fish and game rugby from about 5 years ago in bloomies the other day with the blue label size tag removed, an RLX size tag sewed in with a RLX price tag off a puffer vest. I've seen it done with USPA and PJC as well.

I know somebody is gonna try this now but be aware stores are hip to this. They have pictures in their registers now. Too easy to get caught these days but that was a good old school scam.

Someone swithched the tags. Probably bought that shirt at marshalls or something then bought a full priced shirt from bloomies, switched the tags and returned the marshalls shirt and got full price returned. Seen that scam a number of times, I'm pretty sure thats how I got the wild river cardigan for $30. I saw a blue label fish and game rugby from about 5 years ago in bloomies the other day with the blue label size tag removed, an RLX size tag sewed in with a RLX price tag off a puffer vest. I've seen it done with USPA and PJC as well.

I know somebody is gonna try this now but be aware stores are hip to this. They have pictures in their registers now. Too easy to get caught these days but that was a good old school scam.
Frank, I know exactly how to run that game and we were kings. That's more of a logical answer but i looked real hard to see any irregularities and tag switching but i saw nothing. I thought it might have been a deadstcok box someplace in the dusty back room under some mannequin arms or something. Love to catch more of this line if it was still floating but i'm not gonna search on ebay. Any NT'ers that have anything from this line, i'm inquiring.

Frank, I know exactly how to run that game and we were kings. That's more of a logical answer but i looked real hard to see any irregularities and tag switching but i saw nothing. I thought it might have been a deadstcok box someplace in the dusty back room under some mannequin arms or something. Love to catch more of this line if it was still floating but i'm not gonna search on ebay. Any NT'ers that have anything from this line, i'm inquiring.

I got you. Yeah the RL Racing line was dope. For some reason I sold my usa windbreaker, wish I could find that now. The all white italia jacket was fresh too. The country polos these days seem so plain. I wanna see some more ocean challenge or RL Racing type stuff.

As far as your shirt. Is it a 2011 tag, can u tell by the markings? Easy way to find out is download the macys or bloomies app, scan that tag and see what comes up. If it was a tag switch it should have been for something relatively new and would still be in their system.

What up people. First time poster long time follower. Just want to big up all the contributors to this forum dropping jems. I missed a few good topics recently, so don't mind if I chime in once and a while. Flatbush salute.

My first contribution.

Welcome to the thread.

Nice first contribution. Invisible "P" sweater is dope!

I got you. Yeah the RL Racing line was dope. For some reason I sold my usa windbreaker, wish I could find that now. The all white italia jacket was fresh too. The country polos these days seem so plain. I wanna see some more ocean challenge or RL Racing type stuff.

As far as your shirt. Is it a 2011 tag, can u tell by the markings? Easy way to find out is download the macys or bloomies app, scan that tag and see what comes up. If it was a tag switch it should have been for something relatively new and would still be in their system.

That's good to know. Never really bothered with the dept store apps.

Tag switching stories/scams bring back memories. ...What about heads who used to print out their own barcodes?

Reason for the question is because I did  copp outta Bloomies like 5 days ago. Heavy discount obviously since is '11. Nobody had a clue how it stayed there or got there but i wanted to know if there was anymore floating around.... Thanks tho 
wink.gif

I used to do this all the time as a kid. 
tired.gif

Just copped from the sale. To be honest not much I was really excited about.
frown.gif

I went simple and copped that D&S Distressed Flag Button Up I had been feeling for a minute...

^^^$125 marked down to $30. Has to do it.^^^

Then grabbed a tee to throw on under it.

To be honest I was thinking about swooping some of the Indian Head stuff they had but the more I looked at it I was like..
mean.gif

They had tons of it on sale but I just was'nt feeling it the more I looked.

I'll check back later and see how I feel but for now I kept it simple. There's a few nice items for my price range but not much.

So apparently Bowery boots , new Clifton's , and type 2 denim jackets got glitches at 85% off on polo.com this a.m. Salute to those that got theirs already had mines

Oh man. We use to kill that. We would go to Marshall's,TJMaxx, Steinmart, ect... Steal some weak Polos then hit up Lazarus (Macy's) and carefully snatch off expensive tags and put them on the cheap polos and return them to get store credit. My dude worked there for a hot minute and would let us return whatever. I remember slapping a $300 Coat tag on a basic, solid color Polo and returning it. Crazy. I still have the tag gun my ex gave me way back then. Good times...

Tigris Fortim jacket marked down to 350. You got more off before the private sale started at 290 compared to the 311. Some sale :rolleyes

Back
Top Bottom