The Official Reebok Question (A.I.) Thread.

I would love to have seen the ASG '00 Questions colorway flipped.

-Yellow suede toe cap
-Navy blue leather upper
-Yellow lace eyelets
-White midsole with icey soles

Too bad I didn't enter the contest.

Last edited:
Last edited:
2016 retro

^^^
In its present state I believe it's an insert that they glue onto the midsole and you're right about not being able to press the hex pods. The OG may have had insert too (I don't think it was an actual visible component of the midsole) but you could press the hex pods.

TURBO UNO or trent, can chime in here as they have OGs in their possession.

Reebok no longer uses the original hexalite honeycomb pods that were softer plastic. I think they switched to a harder plastic because it is cheaper and easier to make. Plus, it holds up better when they insert them in the insoles for cushion. It was common to hear your Questions bottom heel make pop/squeak sounds once the honeycomb pockets break down.

The original design didn't need to have the white lines painted because the plastic pod construction naturally caused that contrast white line.

This new one looks to be a hollow airless grid that holds no air pressure. They just roll white paint over the top of surface to accentuate the hexalite pattern. Then they wrap it in plastic to make it look like it holds air.

One thing Reebok still does is paint the back of the hexalite bag. They did that to the originals as well. That midsole is all white, so, they add color to the back of those pods so the clear see through pods don't blend in.

I have those 2016's already in retro form if that makes sense lol. But mine have a suede toe, and red hex. I have the original 97's with the pearlized leather toe but wth the regular color hex pods. 

Just picked up those Green 15's off YCMC for $55. Didn't need another pair of Questions but for that price why not. I'll maybe wear them to the YMCA.. they are also my HS colors so ehh

Reebok no longer uses the original hexalite honeycomb pods that were softer plastic. I think they switched to a harder plastic because it is cheaper and easier to make. Plus, it holds up better when they insert them in the insoles for cushion. It was common to hear your Questions bottom heel make pop/squeak sounds once the honeycomb pockets break down.

The original design didn't need to have the white lines painted because the plastic pod construction naturally caused that contrast white line.

This new one looks to be a hollow airless grid that holds no air pressure. They just roll white paint over the top of surface to accentuate the hexalite pattern. Then they wrap it in plastic to make it look like it holds air.

One thing Reebok still does is paint the back of the hexalite bag. They did that to the originals as well. That midsole is all white, so, they add color to the back of those pods so the clear see through pods don't blend in.
That is my main gripe with Reebok, the use of fake Hexalite, which is there only for show and not responsive at all. I have showed many times in my videos how a real Hexalite and Ultra Hexalite looks like and how responsive it was, the only comparison is to the original Zoom, it was that comfortable and responsive. Majority of the new retros don't even use the same soft clear rubber material of the original Hexalite, the last time they used a real one was back in 2007, and that new stuff I can only describe as a reverse Hexalite, instead of having gas filled hexagonal cells, they have solid rubber cells and the space around the cells is hollow. Bottom line, the only think that saves Reebok's comfort is the thick insoles and softer EVA used in the midsoles.

We can all buy shoes whenever we want, expensive or not. But we can't buy the bonds, feelings and experiences in them.

Yeah, I feel you trentbg trentbg . I'm just happy they still release my favorite models. Hopefully Reebok does better this year and can bring back that old school hexalite we love.

Yo! I know someone asked recently and not sure if it was answered. Besides the 1 guy who won the Reebok Question contest and now can't make his shoe, here are the other 2 winners

I didn't even waste my time entering, it seems like a lot of these contest are "fixed" the recent citygear is a perfect example
What happened with City Gear? And speaking of these comps getting fixed, I remember a couple of months ago Flight Club was giving away the first two yeezys, the 750's and the 350's, and they gave the pairs to some "kid" that made his profile the same day the contest was started... Hmmmmm...

I didn't even waste my time entering, it seems like a lot of these contest are "fixed" the recent citygear is a perfect example
What happened with City Gear? And speaking of these comps getting fixed, I remember a couple of months ago Flight Club was giving away the first two yeezys, the 750's and the 350's, and they gave the pairs to some "kid" that made his profile the same day the contest was started... Hmmmmm...​
they picked some interesting winners and def not based on best pics that's for sure

Back
Top Bottom