The Official Reebok Question (A.I.) Thread.

Cant be mad homie...dockers and questions just dnt mesh well. Do u though, if thats what gets u laid feel free.....peace

I was wondering if the Hexalite on these recently released Questions are real and part of the midsole?  The reason I ask is because the 2010 Retros (both the All Black/Grey and the Red Toes) had Hexalite that was because non-squishy (if that makes sense).  For a comparison, take a pair of 2001 Question Retros (I have a pair) and check out the Hexalite in the heel vs the 2010 Retros (if you have them, or any retros after that year for that matter); if you notice, the Hexalite is hard and non responsive.  If you walk around in them without the insole, you can feel the Hexalite isn't bouncy like the originals.  

Is this the case with the recent retros, or did they put real Hexalite in them this round?  Mine are still comfy no less, but this was sort of a downer, as you can tell they just put in an thick insole in these in hopes that people will just remember the comfort and not notice the Hexalite not being like the original...

I was wondering if the Hexalite on these recently released Questions are real and part of the midsole?  The reason I ask is because the 2010 Retros (both the All Black/Grey and the Red Toes) had Hexalite that was because non-squishy (if that makes sense).  For a comparison, take a pair of 2001 Question Retros (I have a pair) and check out the Hexalite in the heel vs the 2010 Retros (if you have them, or any retros after that year for that matter); if you notice, the Hexalite is hard and non responsive.  If you walk around in them without the insole, you can feel the Hexalite isn't bouncy like the originals.  

Is this the case with the recent retros, or did they put real Hexalite in them this round?  Mine are still comfy no less, but this was sort of a downer, as you can tell they just put in an thick insole in these in hopes that people will just remember the comfort and not notice the Hexalite not being like the original...

This has been discussed before and the conclusion was that it's not the real deal. Overall comfort is on point though but from a purist standpoint I understand where you're coming from. If you're willing to look beyond the technical shortcomings of the retro, the overall product is leagues better than what Nike/JB have been churning out in the last few years.

Last edited:

This has been discussed before and the conclusion was that it's not the real deal. Overall comfort is on point though but from a purist standpoint I understand where you're coming from. If you're willing to look beyond the technical shortcomings of the retro, the overall product is leagues better than what Nike/JB have been churning out in the last few years.

No DMX in the Answer Iv either, which sucks. But yeah Reebok retros have good craftsmanship overall, just missing the tech which is a bummer.

I realized the hexalite was missing too when i compared the newer retroes to my 06 black and gold anniverseries. You can definately feel the hexalite on the old retroes but on the new ones its basically fake.

There is still hexalite in the 2012 retroes just only under the hexalite pod under the shoe.

I realized the hexalite was missing too when i compared the newer retroes to my 06 black and gold anniverseries. You can definately feel the hexalite on the old retroes but on the new ones its basically fake.

There is still hexalite in the 2012 retroes just only under the hexalite pod under the shoe.

the shape on the 2006's is a bit off, and form what I've read they don't have hexalite either? I wouldn't know I never had a pair.

the shape on the 2006's is a bit off, and form what I've read they don't have hexalite either? I wouldn't know I never had a pair.

Not sure where people are getting this shape thing, they look the same to me. (maybe i just don't really pay attention to such things :rolleyes )

And i also have a pair of sapphire blue lows that are also quite old (ebay seller claims 97) the hexalite feels the same as on the 06 pair.

Last edited:
Not sure where people are getting this shape thing, they look the same to me. (maybe i just don't really pay attention to such things
eyes.gif
)

And i also have a pair of sapphire blue lows that are also quite old (ebay seller claims 97) the hexalite feels the same as on the 06 pair.
Just to clarify...we ARE talking about the HEEL Hexalite, correct?  I'm not talking about the Hexalite pods on the side because those are there for design.  I'm talking about the actual functioning Hexalite unit, which is in the heel.  On my 2009/2010 pair, it doesn't compress, but on my 2003 pair, under the heel, the Hexalite compresses and squishes.

If the 2012 pair actually have real functioning Hexalite that compresses and is squishy, I'm all over them.  Other than that, I guess I will have to keep my 2001 Red Toe "All Star" Questions clean....

Just to clarify...we ARE talking about the HEEL Hexalite, correct?  I'm not talking about the Hexalite pods on the side because those are there for design.  I'm talking about the actual functioning Hexalite unit, which is in the heel.  On my 2009/2010 pair, it doesn't compress, but on my 2003 pair, under the heel, the Hexalite compresses and squishes.

If the 2012 pair actually have real functioning Hexalite that compresses and is squishy, I'm all over them.  Other than that, I guess I will have to keep my 2001 Red Toe "All Star" Questions clean....

yes, the actual hexalite, i should probably reword my earlier posts.

the new ones do squish when applying pressure

It's stiffer but does compress

pretty much, i feel as if reebok is trying to such as much money as possible :smh: hope they eventually bring it back

Last edited:
yes, the actual hexalite, you probably didn't read my earlier post but i should probably reword it.
Oh, no worries man.  I will have to cop a pair then.  My black pair is like a Hexalite window that doesn't "squish", but will "cave in" if you push it hard enough and apply enough pressure.  Too bad the re-sale value on the 2012's is ridiculous right now.  Thanks all for the info.  I really look forward to hooping in these since they have real Hexalite...

EDIT:  To clarify, these are the "Team Questions" that were released, like these http://www.ebay.com/itm/Reebok-Ques...8648937?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item43b886c569

Last edited:
Thinking on picking up some NYE, How these fit? TTS?
Compared to modern basketball sneakers these fit loose... In any recent nike basketball shoe (KD's kobes, hypers) i am a 13 but in these 13 fits a little big. These have lots of space in them they arent narrow like todays basketball sneakers.

Last edited:
Has anyone been hooping in their pair extensively?  Are they as comfortable as the originals?  I kind of hate that Reebok put the huge sockliner in there because although it is comfortable, I've noticed that in the past Question and Answer Retros they throw that sockliner in when they know they didn't put cushioning in the midsole....

Kick deals tweeted theres phone orders for Georgetown color way anybody interested in securing a pair before release day

Back
Top Bottom