**The Official Rick Ross Appreciation Thread PART 2: "God Forgives, I Don’t" THE ALBUM**

So if this album stands the test of time does that put in above everyone without two classic albums since Deeper than Rap is unanimous favorite.

REALLY? Ya'll don't **** with GFID??? You ain't like Pirates??? Man I guess I'm on an island then cuz I cut for that album...

Pirates, Ashamed, MM4, Sixteen, Amsterdam, Hold Me Back (gym track), Presidential, Ice Cold, Diced Pineapples, Ten Jesus Pieces, Triple Beam Dreams, Rich Forever...that's 12 outta 17! :lol:

I don't know I just cut for that album. I didn't realize I was in the minority. I'm on iTunes right now and I guess going back and comparing it with his other albums it ain't as strong as some of his other stuff but unlistenable??? C'mon fam!

- Preciate it.

I didn't know I was in the minority either. GFID had some of Rick Rawses finest work on it. Dudes in here wilding. ITs one thing to say its his least favorite album but LYING talking about there is only 2 or 3 good tracks? Stop it.

Touch N You and So Sophisticated were the worst tracks on the album........which happened to have been two singles which is why I think people give GFID a bad rep. Weak singles. But for your worst tracks to be Touch N You and So Sophisticated? Hardly a weak album. I'd give it a 4/5.

GFID was solid but it's his worst album other than Port of Miami and Trilla.

Ice Cold
Touching you
So sophisticated
3 Kings
Maybach Music 4
Diced Pineapples

All forgettable songs

I finished it yesterday and like it a lot. Dude did his thing on this one. That song with the Weekend has too much of the Weekend. Sanctified, Nobody, and Thug Cry are my favourite tracks on there.

I finished it yesterday and like it a lot. Dude did his thing on this one. That song with the Weekend has too much of the Weekend. Sanctified, Nobody, and Thug Cry are my favourite tracks on there.

Man I was just thinking.......from the Rawse song to the Juicy J to the Weekend to the Drake song.....this dude Weekend be robbing artists at gunpoint for their tracks lol. Stay hijacking songs......i';m not mad though because he does bring it when he does but i've noticed when you get Weekend you not getting a verse or a hook.....you got 3/4's of a song. :lol:

Man I was just thinking.......from the Rawse song to the Juicy J to the Weekend to the Drake song.....this dude Weekend be robbing artists at gunpoint for their tracks lol. Stay hijacking songs......i';m not mad though because he does bring it when he does but i've noticed when you get Weekend you not getting a verse or a hook.....you got 3/4's of a song. :lol:
Hahaha aye but I still be mad sayin to myself damn weekend shoulda had more verses

What hurt Teflon Don and GFID were those street singles that he put right smack in the middle of both albums... Messed up the whole vibe of the album...

Teflon Don, you had:

I'm Not A Star
Free Mason
Tears of Joy
Maybach Music III
Live Fast, Die Young (Which is one of his best songs to date)
Super High
No. 1
[COLOR=#red]MC Hammer
BMF[/COLOR]
Aston Martin Music
All The Money In The World

GFID, you had:

Pray For Us
Pirates
3 Kings
Ashamed
Maybach Music IV
Sixteen
Amsterdam
[COLOR=#red]Hold Me Back
So Sophisticated[/COLOR]
Presidential
Ice Cold
Touchin' You
Diced Pineapples
Ten Jesus Pieces

Those highlighted songs ruined the vibe of the album. Both could've been much better if those tracks was taken out or switch with tracks that'd fit the flow. But the albums weren't bad, just a collection of songs rather than one continuous flowing album that you saw with DTR, Mastermind, and even POM...

Last edited:
What hurt Teflon Don and GFID were those street singles that he put right smack in the middle of both albums... Messed up the whole vibe of the album...

Teflon Don, you had:

I'm Not A Star
Free Mason
Tears of Joy
Maybach Music III
Live Fast, Die Young (Which is one of his best songs to date)
Super High
No. 1
[COLOR=#red]MC Hammer
BMF[/COLOR]
Aston Martin Music
All The Money In The World

GFID, you had:

Pray For Us
Pirates
3 Kings
Ashamed
Maybach Music IV
Sixteen
Amsterdam
[COLOR=#red]Hold Me Back
So Sophisticated[/COLOR]
Presidential
Ice Cold
Touchin' You
Diced Pineapples
Ten Jesus Pieces

Those highlighted songs ruined the vibe of the album. Both could've been much better if those tracks was taken out or switch with tracks that'd fit the flow. But the albums weren't bad, just a collection of songs rather than one continuous flowing album that you saw with DTR, Mastermind, and even POM...

how come u didnt highlight no. 1
that track was butt juice
bmf was perfect on there

how come u didnt highlight no. 1
that track was butt juice
bmf was perfect on there

I didn't highlight it because it wasn't a street record like 'MC Hammer' and 'BMF'... Those were the only two on there. I understand why he put those two tracks on there since they were heavy that summer. But they didn't go with the rest of the album. IMO.

GFID is cool to me. "Amsterdam" is one of Ross best works. Dude spazzed on "So Sophisticated". 10 Jesus Pieces, Presidential, Sixteen, Diced Pineapples all cool tracks. I even like 3 Kings even though it gets hated on here.

Here's my current ranking of Rawse Albums:

1. DTR

2. Mastermind

3. Teflon Don

4. GFID

5. Trilla

6. POM

All of them I consider good. The top 3 are great albums.

To me, GFID was variant Teflon Don/DTR. None of trap beats were up to par like Teflon Don, and the lavish luxurious raps just felt empty, unlike DTR. Still has a more than solid catalog though.

Last edited:
3 Kings beat was fire but nobody wants to hear Dre rap right now and Jay didn't really go in like he could've

I feel bad for Jake One, they shoulda caught the Holy Ghost on that

His verse was good not great, that production deserved great.

I don't care about his hypebeast art fetish man and the end of his verse was trash

REALLY? Ya'll don't **** with GFID??? You ain't like Pirates??? Man I guess I'm on an island then cuz I cut for that album...

Pirates, Ashamed, MM4, Sixteen, Amsterdam, Hold Me Back (gym track), Presidential, Ice Cold, Diced Pineapples, Ten Jesus Pieces, Triple Beam Dreams, Rich Forever...that's 12 outta 17!
laugh.gif

I don't know I just cut for that album. I didn't realize I was in the minority. I'm on iTunes right now and I guess going back and comparing it with his other albums it ain't as strong as some of his other stuff but unlistenable??? C'mon fam!

- Preciate it.
I didn't know I was in the minority either. GFID had some of Rick Rawses finest work on it. Dudes in here wilding. ITs one thing to say its his least favorite album but LYING talking about there is only 2 or 3 good tracks? Stop it.

Touch N You and So Sophisticated were the worst tracks on the album........which happened to have been two singles which is why I think people give GFID a bad rep. Weak singles. But for your worst tracks to be Touch N You and So Sophisticated? Hardly a weak album. I'd give it a 4/5.
Ashamed

MM4/Sixteen

10 Jesus pieces

Rich Forever

Only joints I dont skip if they come on randomly. Hated Hold me Back and the rest of the album is filler to me.

But ill stop it lol

Back
Top Bottom