The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 Oz Open Nadal Out)

Lol, I KNOW!  We were all like 
indifferent.gif
 when they announced the Falcao deal... To be fair, Rojo, Shaw and Blind will help tremendously... I hope. 

Lol, I KNOW!  We were all like :stoneface:  when they announced the Falcao deal... To be fair, Rojo, Shaw and Blind will help tremendously... I hope. 

Agreed but there all left sided defensive players- need some balance in the defence.

Genie laboring with the conditions. I'll be there to console her in defeat, can't say these boys ain't loyal. Threesome with her sister would eclipse any other bachelor party fantasy.

That Andy passing shot off of Jo's smash was outrageous.  

Oh... and hi Kim. 

Last edited:
Bouchard is drenched in sweat and water from the ice packs. A good look for her.

The humidity earlier was no joke.

Last edited:
WTF happened to Tsonga serve in that final game!

Anyway can go to bed happy now- highest ranked player Murray has beat this year unbelievably. Not expecting to beat Nole though

Tricky matchup for Nole... take nothing for granted... The draw in general tho 
mean.gif

Anyway... from the stats, looks like Makarova played a pretty decent match... solid.

Sad to see Bouchard lose, but she has had a solid year. Genie and Masha are the only players in the WTA to make it to at least the Round of 16 at every Grand Slam this year, I believe.

Last edited:
Down goes Bouchard!
View media item 1161868
Would like to see Krunic with the upset.
I was aligned with you. Mixed up her play. Didn't protect a lead well. Seemed more confident, aggressive chasing Vika. She's cute, BTW.

Can't believe Vika has made it this far. She really is home on the hard court.
Injuries?

hopefully Nishikori pulls this one out
His backhand is greatly appreciated.

Some of Milos' shots have been brilliant... while some of his misses have been shocking... amazing contrast.

Some of Milos' shots have been brilliant... while some of his misses have been shocking... amazing contrast.
Tale of two cities. Inconsistent, mercurial. Gasquet match last USO is a microcosm of Raonic's young career.

Backhand at 6-6 in the third set tiebreaker may have won Milos this match. Could see it going five, but Nishikori has to be dejected. Like wind completely out of the sails. Raonic had no business winning the third set.

Last edited:
Yeah, Kei had that TB... shocked to see him lose it... 

Damn, that's a lot of tape.

Yeah, Kei had that TB... shocked to see him lose it... 

Damn, that's a lot of tape.
Even if he loses the match, very positive sign if he can rally from the third set tiebreaker to even things up by winning the fourth set. Especially after the momentum swing and whatever other elements Nishikori is battling internally and physically.

Back
Top Bottom