The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 Oz Open Nadal Out)

Welp, there goes that Vika/Kvitova match I was hoping for. There's so much inconsistency in the WTA, unfortunately.

Nice to see Djoker playing very solid through the first three rounds. His next match should be a good test for him against either Isner or Kohlschreiber.

Nishikori/Raonic in round 4... Should be great. Looking forward to Masha/Woz as well.
Kei and Milos going five sets. Instant classic, one can hope.
Looks like you were right.
nerd.gif

Milos got real complacent.. probably thinking, "I got this at the tiebreak." Really nice to see the fight in Kei. For some reason though, I have a feeling the 5th set will be a lopsided affair.

Milos got real complacent.. probably thinking, "I got this at the tiebreak." Really nice to see the fight in Kei. For some reason though, I have a feeling the 5th set will be a lopsided affair.
Hope not. Uncertain how much Kei has left with a bothersome foot and history of fading.

Nearly 2 AM. Staying up for this. Sleep is overrated.
Impressed that there's still a decent-sized crowd...

But if you're staying for the 4th, might as well stay for the 5th.

I haven't been watching the entire match, but so far, it doesn't feel like a "classic"... still a bit too scrappy at times.  Tough battle, no doubt.

Impressed that there's still a decent-sized crowd...
But if you're staying for the 4th, might as well stay for the 5th.

I haven't been watching the entire match, but so far, it doesn't feel like a "classic"... still a bit too scrappy at times.  Tough battle, no doubt.
Term is relative, but for these two young, great but not elite players...feels like a classic to me.

Not like you're going to hit traffic heading home. Contemplated tickets. Courtside seats for upwards of $5K. I'm doing well, but not remotely on that level.

Yes, of course... if both guys tighten up their games, it could still turn into a classic... 

Probably Genie cuz of all the WTA & media hype.  Lot more people know who Genie is vs Milos.  

Back
Top Bottom