The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 Oz Open Nadal Out)

Garbine with the mesh skirt, kinda saucy for the conservative Wimbledon.

Didn't know there was another Murray who played tennis.

Mary Jo sitting with Pippa, nice combo right there.

Congratulations to Serena Williams and Novak Djokovic :nthat:

The victory gave Novak his eighth Grand Slam title since the start of 2011. That’s three more than any other man (Rafael Nadal is second).

Novak reminds me of 80s Detroit Pistons who were sandwiched in between the Celts/Lakers and the Bulls. He's taking advantage of Federer/Nadal's decline and snapping up Slams before the next dominant champion emerges.

I think the comparison of Nole to the Pistons is a fair comparison. I just think Nole is the next dominant champion though. He was hanging with Roger and Nadal before they started to fall off. For a while there he was Rafa's kryptonite like Rafa was Roger's. Nole isn't as dominant in slam finals as those guys were but he's been extremely close.

J Macs commentary I guess not to everyone's tastes (marmite) but he is a refreshing change to the rest of the Home Counties LTA luvvies that make up most of the BBC team (Castle, Barker, Henman, Lloyd etc)

Anyway I dislike Dyokovic slightly less after seeing that dancing photo - at least he has a sense of humour it seems.

Pippa Middleton is turning into a professional tennis watcher - she is there everyday and barely does anything else.

Good to see Stan Smith in the box behind Laver in that photo. Remembered more as a sneaker than a top player these days which is a shame as he had game and was heavily involved with Ashe in the inception of the ATP.

After 7 weeks of constant tennis watching since the French open it seems a bit dull today- roll on Friday and the Davis Cup Gb vs France featuring men's double Wimbledon finalist and his brother!

Anyway I dislike Dyokovic slightly less after seeing that dancing photo - at least he has a sense of humour it seems.
Well, they do like to call him the Djoker for a reason! 

The guy likes to keep things loose!

Aside from seeing him completely transform his game and worth-ethic, this interview was also very fascinating.  Certainly puts a lot of things into perspective. 

Worth a watch if you have the time and wouldn't mind knowing a bit more about him.

It's often interviews like these that shine a different light on the players.  Andy's BBC docu from a few years ago was also very interesting and showed us a different side of him that we've never seen... especially that Dunblane tragedy. 

Last edited:
Didn't know there was another Murray who played tennis.
Did you hear about this? 
laugh.gif

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/06/andy-murray-and-his-family-have-the-best-twitter-squabble

Well, they do like to call him the Djoker for a reason! 

The guy likes to keep things loose!

Aside from seeing him completely transform his game and worth-ethic, this interview was also very fascinating.  Certainly puts a lot of things into perspective. 
Worth a watch if you have the time and wouldn't mind knowing a bit more about him.

It's often interviews like these that shine a different light on the players.  Andy's BBC docu from a few years ago was also very interesting and showed us a different side of him that we've never seen... especially that Dunblane tragedy. 

Fair enough - I read in Becker's book that just came out about Djokovic hiding under furniture as a boy during the war as bombs fell around them.

Yes Andy's association with the Dumblane tragedy is very well known here but I guess not so much around the world. Everyone in the UK knows that story- it's part of his appeal to me that he is not one of the Henman silver spoon British tennis generation rich kids but a normal kid from a normal family who has been through some tough times and moved abroad very young to further his game. That's normal the rest of the world for tennis players but not British ones before Andy.

Siblings should know there is always a favorite son / child. I don't follow soccer so I thought that guy was the mom's man at first.

Wow there is some one in the world who doesn't know Mourinho? He won't be happy to hear that. Dude has Kayne size ego almost. However unlike Kanye he actually still got it!

Novak :nthat:

Do your thing brah.

I went to Mets game last Friday night. I saw Arthur Ashe Stadium. It isn't finished but It's looking good as far. In my opinion, they should shut it down and get a new smaller stadium. Nosebleed seat :x Never bought those seats. My friend went dizzy when he got there. :smh:

View media item 1627491

Will make an attempt to get us open tickets this year. Depends on the prices and if it won't be humid as hell.

Dem Murray Bros got it done. They were awesome in doubles yesterday and Andy put in an excellent performance against Simon.

Yes he was almost in tears at the end. But whilst Andy put in the triple shift his brother really shone in the doubles yesterday, I have never seen Andy so pumped as at the end of the third set. And the 35 stroke rally in the second set against Simon today was insane.
Real confidence boost pick up after the Fed loss at Wimbledon a week ago.

Back
Top Bottom