The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 Oz Open Nadal Out)

Nadal vs. Fognini in the Hamburg final in a few hours. Rafa can't possibly lose to Fog three times in a row, right?

...Right?

sick.gif

That would be insane.  Don't think anyone's ever beaten Rafa on clay 3 times in 1 season.  

Rafa's been a bit inconsistent, but played well yesterday vs Seppi.  

Needless to say... absolutely can't stand Fog. 

Genie going to Genie. She fired Sam. I'm surprised it took this long. He deserved better but she's lame anyway.

Apparently shaking hands and showing good sportsmanship is "lame" to Genie
Didn't the Cavs (or was it just LeBron) do the same thing a few years back?  What happened afterwards?

Anyway, Kei vs Marin now... USO final again... hope it's a good one. 

Last edited:
While Genie continues to struggle with the abdominal injury, Sloane makes it into her first WTA final. Beats Stosur 7-6(4), 6-0. Not a huge fan of hers, but I'm really interested to see if she can finally get her first title after all the hype she's received since beating Serena.

Last edited:
Isner played a fantastic return game (which rarely happens) to break for the 1st, but after that he just ran out of gas it seemed... Kei was much more solid.  

I think Isner is about as good as he can get. The top guys and even the middle tier guys are way too athletic for Isner to consistently defeat.

I think Isner is about as good as he can get. The top guys and even the middle tier guys are way too athletic for Isner to consistently defeat.
He still hasn't won anything over an ATP 250 yet I think
mean.gif

Kei is a master in deciding sets.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom