The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 Oz Open Nadal Out)

What. A. Match! That had to be the best match of the tournament so far (that I've seen). Think I've said it already, but I would not be surprised one bit if Vika's back in the final. She's the second best hard court player for a reason.

Very impressed with the way Angelique kept fighting during all the matchpoints. Looked like she was drained though and couldn't fight much more for the last game.

Amazing. Boom Boom came back from down 1-5 in the third to win the match by winning 6 straight games.

Last edited:
Was at the Open today. Got to Grandstand early to make sure I had good seats for the homie Donald Young.

What a ******* match that was. Hope he can upset Wawrinka. :pimp:

It's a shame for Genie if she does have to pull out just when she is regaining match confidence and fitness. She has a winnable 4Round on current form although not sure she will do now even if she is able to make it to court.head injuries plus heat is not a good mix

Hope Genie doesn't push it if her head injury really is that bad... 

Let's not forget... Vika had a mild concussion too...

Damn, Venus.
eek.gif

Only 50 minutes, too. Why can't Serena's matches be quick and drama-free like this?
laugh.gif

Vee is coming after folks. Serena has an extremely tough match with Keys for the privilege of facing Vee next.

As huge a Serena fan as I am, I want Venus to beat her and win this whole event. She's the reason I started watching women's tennis. She's been through so much with her disorder, and she deserves another slam. Serena will get 22 and even more. She has 2 Serena slams. If she doesn't win this grand slam she's gon be aight.

I remember Venus lost 5 straight grand slam finals to Serena back in 02-03. It's amazing how different the numbers would look if Venus had won some of those.

Last edited:
I am a huge Vee fan but she just let's me down too much. If this were a final I'd root for her over Serena but Vee could win the next round and lose love and love against a lesser player in the next round.

Williams sister QF's will be Primetime must see TV. Hopefully we get a high quality match.

As huge a Serena fan as I am, I want Venus to beat her and win this whole event. She's the reason I started watching women's tennis. She's been through so much with her disorder, and she deserves another slam. Serena will get 22 and even more. She has 2 Serena slams. If she doesn't win this grand slam she's gon be aight.

I remember Venus lost 5 straight grand slam finals to Serena back in 02-03. It's amazing how different the numbers would look if Venus had won some of those.
I wouldn't be upset at all if Venus beats Serena, but I'm just not confident about her chances against Halep/Kvitova/Vika in the final. I think Venus would have a great chance of beating any of those players if this were on grass at Wimbledon, but I'm really not sure she can do it on hard courts.

@markhmasters
We're told that Bouchard's symptoms include sensitivity to loud noises, light... she has a sore neck & a really bad headache

@markhmasters
When Bouchard was heading to ice bath late Friday the room was dark (most had left) + floor recently cleaned; she slipped & hit elbow/head

@markhmasters
Bouchard wanted to wait as long as possible before withdrawing, but it became clear it was only decision ... ultimately it was her call

Genie made the right decision pulling out. Those symptoms are terrible and with the heat and humidity she could've really hurt herself out there.

I am a huge Vee fan but she just let's me down too much. If this were a final I'd root for her over Serena but Vee could win the next round and lose love and love against a lesser player in the next round.

Trust me, I know all too well how Venus will break your heart smh. I'm just hoping this time will be different. She seems different and quite healthy. We'll see

Madison Keys wasn't a tough match at all. Serena didn't even break a sweat. I think she takes Venus in straight sets business as usual.

So USO locker room attendant may be liable for Genie withdrawal. USTA quiet on the issue. Oh well at least Geneu can say she is unbeaten for a first time in a long time

When the story was first reported it sounded like a weird injury. Was wondering if she slipped in the showers or the lockerroom floor was wet. I thought someone would be there helping prepare the ice tub.

Why is the heat policy only for the women? They don't care about the men? We feel the heat too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom