The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 Oz Open Nadal Out)

Disgusting video but not surprised.

I was surprised how easily Serena folded on her service game when she was up 2-0. Not to mention the number of times she just dumped the ball in the net when she had break point chances.

:x @ cop's tackle.

Much respect to James Blake. He stayed calm. Most guys would have fought back or something.

Saw a picture of the suspect guy. Strong resemblance though.
In this climate, f**k that. And someone mentioned it a couple posts back, he's fortunate that the brunt of his injures were scrapes and bruises.

Djoker cruisin'.
nthat.gif

Up 6-0, 6-1 so far in just 53 minutes.

Last edited:
What a disappointing semi this Djoko/Cilic match is.

Hope Fed/Stan is better (probably will be).

Serena.
frown.gif

That James Blake vid.
mean.gif

That could've gone really bad if his reaction was different. Was just minding his own business too.

Disgusting video but not surprised.

I was surprised how easily Serena folded on her service game when she was up 2-0. Not to mention the number of times she just dumped the ball in the net when she had break point chances.

Yeah I had a feeling that if she ever lost her serve in the 3rd set that she wouldn't be able to recover. I'm over the loss now. 3 slams plus #1 all year. 2015 wasn't that bad I guess lol. Win big and lose even bigger smh.

thadangerousmind,

I am not mad about the loss at all. Winning 3 of 4 is incredible. Earning a second Serena slam and locking up the #1 spot is amazing. I hope Flavia wins on Saturday. I like her game and I think she's very attractive.

I'm just happy she didn't lose to Halep, Vika or Sharapova. We wouldn't hear the end of it if she had.

Last edited:
As a Fedfan I was kind of worried about this match with Wawrinka... Kind of expected both mens singles to be fairly competitive.

43 vs 26 seed finals, damn

Last edited:
Really disappointing loss by Stan.. thought for sure that if there was an "upset" today it would be this one.

At this point though, after that Wimby final a couple months ago, I just can't see Fed beating Djoker. Just hoping Roger can make Nole earn it.

Novak is due for a shaky match and I hope this 1 is it. I need Federer in straight sets for 18. Give me something to salvage the weekend.

Fed looking great out there.

At this point serena is considered the goat or will be the goat but once in a while she'll have an early round exit at a Slam and it's usually to a player you don't expect. Really makes you scratch your head. She destroys the top players and makes them feel bad about themselves. I'll look up later to see when the last time Roger lost early at a Slam.

Last edited:
Fed looking great out there.

At this point serena is considered the goat or will be the goat but once in a while she'll have an early round exit at a Slam and it's usually to a player you don't expect. Really makes you scratch your head. She destroys the top players and makes them feel bad about themselves. I'll look up later to see when the last time Roger lost early at a Slam.

Serena has always had problems with two types of players. The first type is a Cornet/Capriati type of player that throw off her rhythm and track a lot of balls down. When Serena is supremely confident she usually takes care of these players with ease but when she isn't confident in her shots she struggles. The second type of player she struggles with is a player she's never played before that has tons of firepower like Garbine. Once she plays this type of player more than once she has an easier time. As they say in boxing, "styles make fights" which is true in tennis. Roger is more consistent than Serena in not losing to lesser players.

I'm glad James is trying to use his influence to effect change. This type of actions occur far too often in this country and it needs to stop.

Not to mention that the cop had previous offenses and was allowed to continue his ways.

Hope Blake takes them for all they've got. Absolutely ridiculous at this juncture, especially with what's been going on this past year.

Not to mention that the cop had previous offenses and was allowed to continue his ways.

Hope Blake takes them for all they've got. Absolutely ridiculous at this juncture, especially with what's been going on this past year.

They showed that the cop had 5 complaints of I think excessive force and 2 civil lawsuits against him. I guess you need more strikes against you to be taken off the streets. Dude basically assaulted Blake without talking or identifying himself.

The police union is already caping for this guy. Blue wall of silence, us vs them mentality, militarization of the police. Police are never held accountable.

Pat Lynch and his captain save routine is tired. Caping for cops that are clearly in the wrong probably doesn't make their jobs easier or safer.

Rooting for Pennetta just because she has had the most success in singles at the US Open (1x SF, 4x QF).

Back
Top Bottom