The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 Oz Open Nadal Out)

Of course, as Fog is Flavia's fiance, that means you're also low-key supporting him! [emoji]128584[/emoji]

If Flavia needed people to be in her box, she could've asked me. Would be there all day. It is funny though that they said she asked the credentials women.

Of course, as Fog is Flavia's fiance, that means you're also low-key supporting him! [emoji]128584[/emoji]
sick.gif
laugh.gif

^ Yep. But it isn't anything new for the ladies.  The occasion is bigger, but for a lot of tournaments, they play back-to-back days.

Just be glad they didn't intentionally put the men's final on Monday... which was a joke and a half.  

The quality of this match has improved since the end of the 1st.  Both players are obviously dealing with nerves, but Vinci's a crafty and skillful player... so watching her slice, change pace, chip & charge is refreshing.  Obviously a very good dubs player. 

The quality is still horrible IMO. ESPN didn't want that schedule once they took over broadcasting the Open this year as not to interfere with the premiere of Monday night football. Thank goodness for the roof next year.

Glad Flavia won but this really pisses me off. Why couldn't Vinci play like she did yesterday? If you are going to beat Serena finish the job. Horrible quality final.

Really happy for Flavia... great embrace at the end.

Wasn't the best quality, but to be fair, we've seen finals that were much worse.  

Seems like beating a great player the match before usually drains them for the next match.

Was wondering if she was going to be like Bartoli and finish out her career with a Grand Slam win.

Girl just pulled a Sampras... helluva way to go! [emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji]

Did not expect that, but what a way to go out. Glad I watched her last match. With the win, her career high is (or should I say was?) #8 in the world.

Now part of me is hoping Fed doesn't win tomorrow...
frown.gif

Did not expect that, but what a way to go out. Glad I watched her last match. With the win, her career high is (or should I say was?) #8 in the world.

Now part of me is hoping Fed doesn't win tomorrow... :frown:
If you're implying that Fed may retire w/ a USO win, I can't imagine Roger doing it. He's had no major injuries and really has found a great work/life balance. He's still playing at an extremely high level, plus, I think he's still low-key hoping for 20 grand slams.

As for the scheduling, when did they get rid off Super Saturday's (Men's semis + Women's final)? I kind of liked the fact that the men had to play back to back semi's and finals.

And yeah, not a great match (like most women's USO finals) but appreciate the love from both of the players. Very heartwarming to see their sisterhood and of course, Flavia retiring is a nice storybook ending.

Back
Top Bottom