The Official The-Dream "Love King" Album Discussion Thread

Originally Posted by yungdeadmike

Dream is my favorite RnB artist. I used to listen to Donell Jones, Jon B., Ginuine, but it really slacked off, so glad Dream is carrying the torch. imo of course.

dream is not even in the same league as the cats you listed. They aren't killing the charts but they are all better than dream. I'm glad this is his last album. He's always been corny to me and while his singles are hot I can't stand him.

Tomorrow I'm going to go into the "What rock music are you listening to thread" and post about how much I hate rock music.

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Originally Posted by KleanKicks

I'm only one opinion.

Right.

You also discredit Lupe for making hits so your opinion is worth about as much as a lesbian with no tongue.

*Plays Febraury Love for the 93284593249239824th time*

Sidebar: "February Love" might be the new "Fancy." Not gonna say it tops "Fancy" but it damn sure comes close. Can't wait till ya'll hear it.
Again, that's' MY opinion (and while I'm at it, please tell me what "hit" Lupe has had mainstream-wise. Don't worry, I'll wait)

Why are you taking this so personally? 
laugh.gif

I didn't make any diss towards you, I simply gave my opinion. Build a bridge and get over it kiddo. 

He's always been corny to me and while his singles are hot I can't stand him.
His singles are actually some of his weakest tracks.  You obviously haven't given his first 2 albums too many spins, if any...

Love/Hate and Love V/S Money have as much replay value as almost anything that has come out in the last 5 years IMO.
smokin.gif
pimp.gif

please tell me what "hit" Lupe has had mainstream-wise. Don't worry, I'll wait

I think "Superstar" was definitely a hit.

Keep slurping Dream's #^&* , more power to you. 

Will do.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

His singles are actually some of his weakest tracks.  You obviously haven't given his first 2 albums too many spins, if any...

Any person who's listening to The-Dream for the first time will judge him off the strength of his singles they see on 106 & Park. It shouldn't work that way.
laugh.gif

LOL

Went to the listening event on Tuesday...sounded like a real solid project. It's summertime. Be easy. this dude makes summer music so just lay back and breeze....This post was sponsored by the good people at www.mhusa.com

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

LOL

Went to the listening event on Tuesday...sounded like a real solid project. It's summertime. Be easy. this dude makes summer music so just lay back and breeze....This post was sponsored by the good people at www.mhusa.com

You're right, K.

But how do you expect NTers who aren't smashing to relate to a song like "Panties To The Side?"

Alright, I'll stop.

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

LOL

You're right, K.

But how do you expect NTers who aren't smashing to relate to a song like "Panties To The Side?"

Alright, I'll stop.

Man, you ain't never lie...

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Dream is my favorite RnB artist. I used to listen to Donell Jones, Jon B., Ginuine, but it really slacked off, so glad Dream is carrying the torch. imo of course.

dream is not even in the same league as the cats you listed. They aren't killing the charts but they are all better than dream. I'm glad this is his last album. He's always been corny to me and while his singles are hot I can't stand him.
The Dream fell off hard, the first album (Love Me All Summer Hate Me All Winter) was pretty dope but that second album was a blatant R. Kelly bite and horrified me to the point of not even looking forward to his next album. And mytmouse76 is right with __> The Dream.

BlackSheep08 wrote:
mytmouse76 wrote:

The Dream fell off hard, the first album (Love Me All Summer Hate Me All Winter) was pretty dope but that second album was a blatant R. Kelly bite and horrified me to the point of not even looking forward to his next album. And mytmouse76 is right with __> The Dream.

smile.gif

Originally Posted by TheGrimm

BlackSheep08 wrote:
mytmouse76 wrote:

smile.gif

roll.gif

That "February Love" is smooth, isn't yet, Tim?
smile.gif

He aint gonna be a strong vocalist...but Terius Nash has prolly penned songs for some of those artists you've mentioned..

I slept on him till Falsetto...I dont know how ya'll can listen to "Put It Down" and his other !#% and not say he's killing his lane.

word it's like Prince, a lot of people can't stand dude's voice and never will, but the songs he writes and creates are so great you kinda forget about the singer and make the song your own.

Dream been that r&b dude.

I'm almost embarrassed to say that I'm anticipating his album more than any other releases this Summer...

I have the firs two and I wasn't impressed. AT ALL. Just cuz he's written great songs for other people doesn't make him a great solo artist.

his first two get crazy spins still , i might have to buy this one for a change seeing his first two were so good to me

BlackSheep08 wrote:
mytmouse76 wrote:

smile.gif

roll.gif

smile.gif

I don't take to kindly to my name being crossed out like that, I find it rude and disrespectful. If you have a problem with my opinion you should find another way of expressing yourself. I listen to enough music to know when someone sounds like they bit someone. He even has a song dedicated to R. Kelly. And to the fan boy cheering you on, you aren't needed in this situation.

Originally Posted by BlackSheep08

BlackSheep08 wrote:
mytmouse76 wrote:

smile.gif

roll.gif

smile.gif

I don't take to kindly to my name being crossed out like that, I find it rude and disrespectful. If you have a problem with my opinion you should find another way of expressing yourself. I listen to enough music to know when someone sounds like they bit someone. He even has a song dedicated to R. Kelly. And to the fan boy cheering you on, you aren't needed in this situation.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

hmmmmm....

previous efforts were good but im almost positive the new keith sweat album will be better than love king 

Back
Top Bottom