The Official Wale Thread: Ambitions in Stores 11.1.11

mean.gif
 Slight Disappoint Whale

becuz admit it i'm not/your not buying wale's album off his name only or even his name and a strong single ie lotus flower bomb. if a leak was provided it could give someone a legitimate chance to listen to the music before it comes out and what you hear might be worth the purchase. A nicely timed leak of a good album can get people talking adds hype and intrigue for the release date.

there was a free itunes stream though

Last edited:
ihis is GREAT. his sound matured so much its pleasantly surprisingly. i'm 7 songs in its amazing so far

Wish he would've had Stalley on the album I'm only four tracks in but I see he didn't feature my boy

Gonna have to give this a listen today... Been meaning to give it a play for the last couple days, but I've been bumpin Cole's album non stop

Seven songs in and this album is easily better than his previous projects. Straight rapping over some great production. Bad and Rotation had me worried but I'm liking what I'm hearing so far.

Minus both versions of Bad, Rotation and Tired of Dreaming, this album easily eclipses Ambition and Attention Deficit. He found his lane on this album. Surprised by the lack of tracks for the ratchet audience. He was straight rapping on this. I don't see how you could complain. Revived my faith in him. Looking forward to Album About Nothing.

I still haven't given his CD a spin yet, nor do I really care to. Am I missing out? A lot of mixed opinions on here.

Tired of Dreaming better be the next single

:pimp:

They just filmed a video for Clappers

if a leak was provided it could give someone a legitimate chance to listen to the music before it comes out and what you hear might be worth the purchase.

That's why he...and every other artist this year have made their albums available for stream prior to release date.

This

Wish he would've had Stalley on the album I'm only four tracks in but I see he didn't feature my boy

Stalley stay getting put on the back burner

I still haven't given his CD a spin yet, nor do I really care to. Am I missing out? A lot of mixed opinions on here.

Go listen for yourself :smh:

I just listened to the album and it's BEYOND a disappointment. :smh: Seriously, out of Attention Deficit & Ambition this is my least favorite album. This album is all over the place and he had the nerve to say the whole thing is based upon the statue and a story line crap. There was nothing on there that I was blown away by it was just aight. I wanna say it was trash but I'm not going to do Wale like that because he can indeed rap but this was just all over the place. There is one thing to not be cohesive on an album but the songs are hot but when the songs are lack luster and all over the place especially in some of the "story telling" in the songs itself you have a TRAIN DERAILMENT. Besides BAD, LoveHate Thing and maybe Rotation which I'm even like it shouldn't be put with the songs I'm gonna let it slide. But overall I'm disappointed. It's sad because I wanted to put Drake, J.Cole, Kendrick Lamar & Wale in the elite young rap class but in reality Wale from this album does not belong. However, I'll hold off my judgement and let others make their own determination however from the posts so far it's not a favorite by a long shot. I'm giving this album from my listen a 5/10 or 5.5 /10 to be nice.

^^^^drake and wale in the "elite young rap class" NO 

my top youth in hip hop are krit, cole and k.DOT. 

All over the place? People aren't listening to the music. The first half the album is very cohesive. None of those songs are radio tracks. From Clappers and then on is when the album starts to lose its way, but 88 and the song on the Outro are good.

Coming from a wale fan since 08 this album is good, it just seem like some of you that said its trash are just being followers. I really had no expectations for it since his 2nd album was a let down, but this make up for it

is anyone elses lovehate clean even on the explicit version?

Last edited:
I really like this album. It's not as good as Folarin but it's straight.

88 :pimp: :pimp: Just Blaze you a fool

For a while I couldn't mess with Wale but his last 2 projects have been solid.

Last edited:
The gift is a good listen. Nothing really stands out but I can listen through the whole album without skipping.

i take back everything i said lol. well clappers is still garbage and the neyo song could be left off but this album is NICE!!!

:x :x :x :x they went IN!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom