The Official Wale Thread: Ambitions in Stores 11.1.11

I guess I'm alone here but I didn't like Florain at all. In general I thought it was recycle bin material. I rock with this album heavy tho.

I guess I'm alone here but I didn't like Florain at all. In general I thought it was recycle bin material. I rock with this album heavy tho.

I wasn't a fan of Florain either but to be honest I haven't liked any mixtape since More About Nothing

man hell naw. the beats on there didnt sound album worthy at all. you trippin on that one. there isnt one song on Folarin better than Heavens Afternoon, or Black Heroes and more.

folarin was just a mixtape. and thats that. its in no way shape or form better than gifted.

We gon have to agree to disagree on that one bruh.

Change Up
Limitless
Chun Li
Skool Daze
Ji-Dope

I'll take those over the best songs on the album. I like this joint, I just think Folarin was better.

Dom basic asf! I mess w/ him heavy but what he does, is NOT impressive. Once he signs, y'all will hate him like everybody else NT once sack rode!!!

Change Up
Let a N*gga Know
Chun Li
Skool Daze
Flat Out
Money Changes
Georgetown Press

Folarin had PLENTY songs that were album worthy

Others are being called basic inside of a Wale thread. Is this real life?

Last edited:
140-160k projected first week sales.
He'll PROBABLY be #1, unless Yeesus or
Born Sinner see a spike in sales...

But, that's a lot lower than they were hoping for. Especially since ambition did 164,000 first week. Seems like he hasn't really gained any new fans. But at least the ones he has are sticking with him.

Giving this a spin right now, liking the first couple tracks. Nothing too :wow: but solid thus far

Considering how much wale has fallen off since his 08-10 run the only reason I will relisten to anything from this album is to hear Dom.
How has he fallen off? He has to make music for a newer audience as well. Y'all want these rappers to stay broke and doing little low key spots for the rest of their career. He's still making the same music he was a couple years ago.

After giving some time to reflect. Wale put together a good album, def. more "content" than I expected.  If people would put their personal bias against Whale aside I think they'd see there's some good tracks on there.

Still can't fade Bad (Remix), and Tired of Dreaming.  Undecided about Clappers, gotta hear it in club.

8/10. Def. his best album.

my top 3 this year
born sinner
a king remembered in time
the gifted

(i consider asap rockys album to be a 2012 release regardless of it officially came out this year)

Wales pretty good lyrically i just can't get into him. I listened through the album its just all forgettable to me

Best production he's had on any of the albums, and I can mess with all the songs, though Vanity and Gullible don't get much replay. Bad and the remix are just overdone, no fault to him though

But 88, Simple Man, Heaven's afternoon, the spazz on Rotation, Intro and Outro :pimp:

Best out of the 3 only cuz the other two had more songs i couldn't repeat, still gotta check out the bonus tracks

yall trippin. gullible is one of the best songs lol. ceelo killed it. striaght feel good music :smokin

Top 5 Wale song IMO.

Extremely dope album, a lot more cohesive than Born Sinner and Yeezus (I don't dislike either of those albums, but Cole pissed me off with random interludes that sound better than some of his full length songs on the album... and his production style is getting annoying in some aspects).

I think this thread and opinions on this album is split along the lines Wale spoke about in the first posted Breakfast Club interview. A lot of people ain't listening for technical, and want dopeness spoonfed to them as opposed to really listening to the music.

I just played Gullible after you calling it a top 5 Wale song....

:smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: Couldn't even make it through a minute of that song, not even a top 45 Wale song.....

Top 5... :smh:

All depends on what you're listening for.

"Dope Beat, Dope Rhymes, What More Do Y'all Want?" - Phonte.

Content was on point, Top Notch Feel Good Track That Also Has You Thinking. No, It's Not a Club Banger, or a Song To Get You Hype to, but its def one of his best songs overall.

lmao ****** acting like gullible is candy shop... :smh: the track is nice jeez

I've been listening to Wale since 08' I believe. Its an OKAY track, but to say it's a top 5 among his entire body of work..... still has a VERY poppy feel to it. Crooked Smile is a feel-good track, this is just kinda ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. But keep saying this is a top 5 Wale track, or even a top 10 Wale track..... oh ok....

Better Wale songs in no order...

-The Problem
-The Artistic Integrity
-The Crazy
-Varsity Blues
-Ambition
-Slight Work
-Mirrors
-DC or Nothing
-Mama Told Me
-Contemplate
-Diary
-Beautiful Bliss
-Prescripton
-The Breakup Song
-The War
-Fly Away
-The Soup

And TONS of others. I'm not even that big of a Wale fan... but to say that's one of his best songs.... :rofl: Are you even a Wale fan?

I'm not saying its top 5....but it's dope poppy or not... Slight work sucks to me IMO btw lol. But solid list

Wale lost. He had a week all to himself and only sold 150k? who cares if he got the #1 spot. He lost.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom