The Official Write Your Own Bot/RSVP Thread - Asking to buy one = Restricted from thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
laugh.gif

The thread is for the discussion of the use and development of scripts to automate a process.

It is not for the promotion or selling of scripts/bots/systems/packages/solutions/binaries/etc.

Last edited:
The thread is for the discussion of the use and development of scripts to automate in the process.

It is not for the promotion or selling of scripts/bots/systems/packages/solutions/binaries/etc.

Ok. I don't understand bots, I just know that people use them to get kicks more easily.

This thread is meant to talk about them, not how someone could go about getting one?

Forget a bot it man
at this point, the simple, easy to implement bots are done.

So whats up with the complicated, harder to implement bots... can we talk about how the uninformed can get informed?

Last edited:
Read through the thread. There are posts about converting the simple free bot that is floating around into a jQuery bot for chrome as an extension.

Ok. I don't understand bots, I just know that people use them to get kicks more easily.

This thread is meant to talk about them, not how someone could go about getting one?
So whats up with the complicated, harder to implement bots... can we talk about how the uninformed can get informed?

Start learning about how web pages work. You should have a basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, HTML element names and how to select them, JavaScript, and the jQuery library.

Some good resources for this:

HTML: http://www.w3schools.com/html/
CSS: http://www.w3schools.com/css/
JavaScript/jQuery: http://learn.jquery.com/

This stuff isn't super complicated, but it does take time to learn.

The purpose of this thread is to share ideas and things we've found and learned about nike and the way they handle bots. Not to sell or give away bots.

I have no idea what's going on. Jquery? sounds like a crappy drink from Starbucks. I'm done lol, unfortunately I do not know how to "code" and don't have time to learn it but I get the basic point and knowledge of it (if that makes any sense to you guys) So I am going to accept the fact that I will never be able to land a limited release... So I will admit that I'm looking to be spoon fed some info, and if you guys wanna get mad at that oh well. lol 

People have actually had their orders cancelled from using that simple Chrome script though?

Read through the thread. There are posts about converting the simple free bot that is floating around into a jQuery bot for chrome as an extension.
i would love to know how to speed up the add to cart extension i have now, it takes about 3 sec to fully add to cart, the bot i was using before the site updated was completing add to cart in just a little more than 1 sec but its no longer compatible since the update and i have no idea how to update it.

i would love to know how to speed up the add to cart extension i have now, it takes about 3 sec to fully add to cart, the bot i was using before the site updated was completing add to cart in just a little more than 1 sec but its no longer compatible since the update and i have no idea how to update it.
tongue.gif

open the .js file in a text editor.

change:

document.getElementsByClassName("button-container add-to-cart")[0].click();

to

document.getElementsByClassName("add-to-cart")[0].click();

Last edited by a moderator:
:tongue:

change:
to
problem is, stuff like this, I used to do, on a few mmorpg etc, but it's faded way back into memory. Also, there is no effective way to test both the Twitter link grabber half and the add to cart half without an actual release (although, I'm sure some testing will be done in the gamma greens tomorrow).
The person that can create an app that does this (and sell) is going to make a lot of money imho.

ya I worked 12 hours today and im trying to convert my basic add to cart over to the mouse event version....

however my brain is now sleeping....

"you've reached the brain recording for OSR....*that chica is thick*....ooo wait im here....."
laugh.gif

gonna try again tomorrow if I get off work early enough...
CAPTCHA is the way to get rid of bots. Google it.

Anyways, hoping to get these bright mango lows for under retail. I have a pair of mercurial soccer boots in the mango CW, love those
CAPTCHA is easily worked around from my limited knowledge of coding....

ES will sure enlighten us...

Last edited by a moderator:
ya I worked 12 hours today and im trying to convert my basic add to cart over to the mouse event version....

however my brain is now sleeping....

"you've reached the brain recording for OSR....*that chica is thick*....ooo wait im here....." :lol:

gonna try again tomorrow if I get off work early enough...

CAPTCHA is easily worked around from my limited knowledge of coding....

ES will sure enlighten us...

You might be right, I guess that's how there's so many bots on twitter, etc...

tongue.gif

change:

to

pimp.gif
 quick easy fix and now the speed is back, very much appreciated brother.

Let's go over the things that will get your order canceled:
  1. Using the javascript bot.
  2. Using any EC2 instance for ADD-TO-CART **and** CHECK OUT
  3. ... anyone got any others?
You know for sure EC2 will get you banned?

This is where nike is dropping the ball. I have a t1.micro instance htat I legitimately use as a VPN for when I'm on open WiFi. They can't discriminate just because my connection came from amazon.
problem is, stuff like this, I used to do, on a few mmorpg etc, but it's faded way back into memory. Also, there is no effective way to test both the Twitter link grabber half and the add to cart half without an actual release (although, I'm sure some testing will be done in the gamma greens tomorrow).
The person that can create an app that does this (and sell) is going to make a lot of money imho.
You can absolutely test them with out an actual release. How do you think they were written? 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom