The Official Write Your Own Bot/RSVP Thread - Asking to buy one = Restricted from thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would rather give $$ to a solid NTer for bot services than greedy cats on FB
mean.gif
I think someone mentioned a few pages back that they used supreme bots. I don't know anything about it/them but I think he said he's had some good luck with it. I'd stay away from those Facebook things they have going.

Last edited:
I believe its a lot more about computer and internet speed than the actual bot.

ping is a huge factor. my ping is 90ms which makes it nearly impossible for me to copp limited shoes regardless of what bot i'm running.

of course bot / method is a factor, but even the best bots are limited if your not lucky enough to have great ping to nikestore.

Ok coders, bot writers/creators, computer geniuses etc. I have enough free time over the next month or so to give myself a crash course in coding. What langauges, n to help matters, in what order should I learn them? JQuery javaScript Python CSS HTML PHP? Any that I missed? Any that really don't apply?

Ok coders, bot writers/creators, computer geniuses etc. I have enough free time over the next month or so to give myself a crash course in coding. What langauges, n to help matters, in what order should I learn them? JQuery javaScript Python CSS HTML PHP? Any that I missed? Any that really don't apply?
http://www.codecademy.com/learn

Start with Web HTML/CSS, then JavaScript, then jQuery.

1. PHP

2. Perl

3. C#

4.JavaScript

5. Java

http://www.codecademy.com/learn

Start with Web HTML/CSS, then JavaScript, then jQuery.
thanx i already registered to that site, as well as a few other which I heard about on here. 1 other question, after going through these courses, will there be any additional sites/courses I might need to get familiar with? or would this teach me everything I need to be able to do the things some of u guys r doing? also I was mildly interested in learning python/ocr programming to try and 1 day build my own RSVP bot for personal use, maybe a few friends...any places online to learn? Basically I have a general interest in these things, but the fact that I also love sneakers n this applies to them has me more motivated to invest my free time learning it. I'm sick of missing out on shoes I want. and don't really have the spare money to also pay someone to make me a bot, as I know its a waste to buy off of people that did not make them themself

Also what would I need to learn to be able to break down sites codes if I wanted to make a bot for a site like packershoes or basically 1 that isn't popular/on the market? I also wanted to use this sort of knowledge to try and create a restock bot, possibly find out about links before they are announced (obviously not Nike's since it'll upset meg lol) but I want to learn everything possible. I hate the fact I am ignorant to all of this!

^^^ jumping the gun on learning right there buddy. Take your time... It'll probably take you 2 years base on the thing you want to create.

Probably not but you might be lucky. Never underestimate luck. My ping is 8ms and I'm struggling a little. I'm only struggling against early links user though.

You should read the thread before asking how to do stuff like RSVP. The people that do it put their 10000 hrs in.

here is the stuff i used to start:

http://www.w3schools.com/html/
http://jsfiddle.net/
Thank u guys for the added info tonget me goin...n yea ur absolutely right I am gettin a lil ahead of myself lol...I have a problem with that, I get impatient n I kinda have mild AD to where I need a task like this to focus my attention on be cuz my wheels r constantly spinning n it keeps me occupied...but hearin the time frames kinda brought me back down to reality...at least a lil bit lol

^^^ jumping the gun on learning right there buddy. Take your time... It'll probably take you 2 years base on the thing you want to create.

Probably not but you might be lucky. Never underestimate luck. My ping is 8ms and I'm struggling a little. I'm only struggling against early links user though.
I'm really hopin nike found the solution n put an end to this problem...I'm salty cuz I was up early n then dozed back off 40 mins before release this morning, n then more so to see that a good amount of people were able to cop, most likely because there were no early link purchases...hope those that have been doin it get banned so that no1 does it again...it looks like it will greatly increases our chances of coppin online

ping is a huge factor. my ping is 90ms which makes it nearly impossible for me to copp limited shoes regardless of what bot i'm running.

of course bot / method is a factor, but even the best bots are limited if your not lucky enough to have great ping to nikestore.
Can your ping change if you change your isp / upgrade or is it more just location based?

Last edited:

thanx i already registered to that site, as well as a few other which I heard about on here. 1 other question, after going through these courses, will there be any additional sites/courses I might need to get familiar with? or would this teach me everything I need to be able to do the things some of u guys r doing? also I was mildly interested in learning python/ocr programming to try and 1 day build my own RSVP bot for personal use, maybe a few friends...any places online to learn? Basically I have a general interest in these things, but the fact that I also love sneakers n this applies to them has me more motivated to invest my free time learning it. I'm sick of missing out on shoes I want. and don't really have the spare money to also pay someone to make me a bot, as I know its a waste to buy off of people that did not make them themself
the hardest part of an rsvp bot is the ocr.  

Y
the hardest part of an rsvp bot is the ocr.  

Yea I read this article a programmer wrote about that specifically for nike RSVP n while he explained it simple enough, I could tell that it takes a lot of work for all the different levels the program has to go they breaking down the image to the bare essentials n then getting it to recognize the hashtag...truthfully tho looking at it I jus saw a bigger challenge n thought wow what an accomplishment if I wound up bein able to make a program that can do that. I'm very ambitious, maybe sometimes a lil unrealistic but hey better than not even tryin

But since u guys have put some things in perspective, I had some specific questions...1 I have the old twitter scanner which needs updating...what language of code do I have to learn to fix/update that? N 2 after that comes trying to make my bot, I have the languages of code I need to learn, but what I wanted to know was exactly what do I have to do to start? I might b wrong but I'm thinking I have to figure out the specific websites code for product pages, n figure out what areas I need to implement to the bot for it to perform the actions I need it to...is that correct or am I way off?

But since u guys have put some things in perspective, I had some specific questions...1 I have the old twitter scanner which needs updating...what language of code do I have to learn to fix/update that? N 2 after that comes trying to make my bot, I have the languages of code I need to learn, but what I wanted to know was exactly what do I have to do to start? I might b wrong but I'm thinking I have to figure out the specific websites code for product pages, n figure out what areas I need to implement to the bot for it to perform the actions I need it to...is that correct or am I way off?
i hope you get some answers!!  most people that can help you with that unfortunately probably wont.

Y
Yea I read this article a programmer wrote about that specifically for nike RSVP n while he explained it simple enough, I could tell that it takes a lot of work for all the different levels the program has to go they breaking down the image to the bare essentials n then getting it to recognize the hashtag...truthfully tho looking at it I jus saw a bigger challenge n thought wow what an accomplishment if I wound up bein able to make a program that can do that. I'm very ambitious, maybe sometimes a lil unrealistic but hey better than not even tryin
its all about if you got enough time to do it.  

Anyone have experience using the ATC bot with Ubuntu vs Windows OS? I would think that it would be faster or have a better chance using it through Ubuntu. Just wondering cause I have dual OS's on my laptop, don't even know if it will work with Ubuntu yet but I am trying it right now. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom