The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

PS4 Startup (Boot Up Animation) Screen

URL]

Last edited:
It's kinda annoying that so many launch titles are packaging different preorder bonuses based on where you buy them. If I preorder something, I want all the bonuses that come along with that. The way they're dividing up the perks makes me suspect that we'll be getting swindled on dlc later. If I have to pay 70-75 bucks, instead of 50-60, so be it. But I want ALL of the game I buy, not fragmented pieces.

Never been concerned about headsets. I have a Turtle Beach, the official PS3 Bluetooth, Bluetooth I got with Warhawk, and a USB headset I got from Walmart. The PS3 works with pretty much any USB or Bluetooth headset. PS4's probably the same, but they're packing one in which is dope.

The DS4 has a jack for a proprietary headset below the PS button, but I'm talking about the speaker above it on the controller. Some games will have sounds come from the speaker on the controller. If I have headphones on I won't be able to hear anything coming out of the controller. I just hope games have a setting that can put the audio coming through the controller through the TV in case I have headphones on.

784a68df_speaker.jpeg

Yea that's what I meant. If you're using normal headphones the headphones will be the default audio output once you plug them in like any headphone so you won't miss out and if it's a Bluetooth headset then they'll probably just send the audio straight to the headset.

It's also a standard jack not a proprietary one. People would have gone mad if it was proprietary :lol:

I know the headphones will be the default audio output. I'll have them plugged into the TV. The system or controller won't know that though. Some games will have sounds come out of the speaker on the controller. I was watching a Killzone: Shadow Fall demo and the developer was talking about how they could use the speaker on the controller to tell the players certain things. I won't be able to hear that with headphones on.

My bad on the proprietary jack. I saw more than a typical headset input and thought it was going to be proprietary. It looks like a normal 2.5mm phone jack. The input to the left of it is probably for something separate.

ad07720d_3dfbb8324d1a5e70aca0a5a98f2988939eda1d6c.jpeg

I don't think people would have that much of a problem if it was proprietary though. Sony would probably still let third party accessory manufacturers make cheap alternatives like they do with other peripherals like controllers. Millions of people with iPhones and iPods are OK with the proprietary charging cables over standard USB cables.

It's kinda annoying that so many launch titles are packaging different preorder bonuses based on where you buy them. If I preorder something, I want all the bonuses that come along with that. The way they're dividing up the perks makes me suspect that we'll be getting swindled on dlc later. If I have to pay 70-75 bucks, instead of 50-60, so be it. But I want ALL of the game I buy, not fragmented pieces.

That's been a problem even in this current generation. Best Buy, Amazon, Game Stop, and whoever else have their own pre-order bonuses. Fracturing the content. You get whatever content depending on where you pre-order from, but if you want the other content the stores you didn't pre-order from are offering, you have to pay for the DLC.

Last edited:
Anyone still play battlefield 3 on PS3 and wanna play?

If so send me a friend invite n just put in the message you're from NT

PSN: Pentheon

I'm thinking the thing on the left of the headphone jack is probably where you're going to plug in the charger

And I'm right now I'm only playing 2k til hopefully Oct 29th :nerd:

Last edited:
I don't think people would have that much of a problem if it was proprietary though. Sony would probably still let third party accessory manufacturers make cheap alternatives like they do with other peripherals like controllers. Millions of people with iPhones and iPods are OK with the proprietary charging cables over standard USB cables.
That's been a problem even in this current generation. Best Buy, Amazon, Game Stop, and whoever else have their own pre-order bonuses. Fracturing the content. You get whatever content depending on where you pre-order from, but if you want the other content the stores you didn't pre-order from are offering, you have to pay for the DLC.
I'd rather all games be 5 bucks and buy $60 worth of optional DLC than for them to keep doing what there doing. Games like gran turismo with 10+ $5 car packs or COD with 4+ $15 map packs end up costing 150 by the end of their life cycle. I might as well get subscriptions like warcraft type stuff

Last edited:
I'm thinking the thing on the left of the headphone jack is probably where you're going to plug in the charger

The Charger is gonna plug right under the light bar.

DualShock-4-and-PlayStation-4-Eye-3.jpg

The thing on the left of the headphone jack looks like a remote or a new peripheral would plug in just like on the PSP.

psp1000-remote.jpg

Last edited:

The Charger is gonna plug right under the light bar.

DualShock-4-and-PlayStation-4-Eye-3.jpg

The thing on the left of the headphone jack looks like a remote or a new peripheral would plug in just like on the PSP.

psp1000-remote.jpg
Oh ok.. Wasn't sure if there was anything up top besides light.. Thanks for clearing that up

Does anyone know if I pre order off amazon or best buy or something online will I get charged right away? I think game stop is doing a 100 dollar deposit but not sure how the pre order works with websites like target or best Walmart

Does anyone know if I pre order off amazon or best buy or something online will I get charged right away? I think game stop is doing a 100 dollar deposit but not sure how the pre order works with websites like target or best Walmart

Amazon won't charge you until it ships

Am I the only one excited to see what Live will bring come next gen? Granted I was a Live > 2K guy before we had no choice on what bball title we got to purchase....but options are nice. Realistically I'll get both anyway but competition is always good imo

Am I the only one excited to see what Live will bring come next gen? Granted I was a Live > 2K guy before we had no choice on what bball title we got to purchase....but options are nice. Realistically I'll get both anyway but competition is always good imo

You're not the only one. I was a live guy too even tho I've liked the 2k bball game. I just felt Live was a lot easier to play.

yea I cant wait to see what live is gonna be like...I just feel like 2k has been the same every year now pretty much, looking for a change. I used to love live back in the day.

View media item 472661
With the upcoming launch of PlayStation 4, everyone here at PlayStation is hard at work preparing to deliver the best place to play — the absolute best gaming experiences imaginable.

As you heard at E3, PlayStation Plus will play a huge role in delivering amazing next gen online gaming experiences, while offering incredible value to members. With a single PlayStation Plus membership, you’ll get all of the benefits across PS4, PS3 and PS Vita, making sure you always have something fun to play and experience online with friends.
We’re not stopping there. We’ve already started Year Two off with a bang with the announcement that #DRIVECLUB PS Plus Edition will be available in the Instant Game Collection at launch and one digital title will rotate in each month. We also debuted a powerful June lineup for PS3, including the introduction of three new marquee titles: Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception (single-player), Little Big Planet Karting and XCOM: Enemy Unknown. Up next: the July month outlook next week, which is not to be missed!

Whether you’ve been a member since Day 1 or you’re a newcomer, we thank you for supporting PS Plus and the Instant Game Collection. If you have yet to take the plunge, now is a great time to take advantage of the incredible IGC games offered on PS3 and PS Vita – while ensuring you’re locked and ready for the PS4 this holiday season.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...the-playstation-plus-instant-game-collection/

Last edited:
E3 2013: PlayStation Devs Rake in Awards & Accolades

PlayStation 4
-Best Console (Winner) – Forbes
-Console Winner (Winner) – CNBC
-*Best of Show (Nominated) – Game Critics Awards Best of E3 2013
-*Best Hardware (Nominated) – Game Critics Awards Best of E3 2013
-Best of E3 Awards (Winner) – Gaming Illustrated
-Best of E3 2013 (Winner) – Gamer Theory Media

Sony PlayStation
-E3 Winner (Winner) – NY Daily News
-Best of Show (Winner) – Digital Trends
-E3 Winner (Winner) – Machinima
-Best Press Conference (Winner) – GameTrailers
-Best Conference (Winner) – Digital Spy
-E3 Winner (Winner) – Gizmodo
-E3 Winner (Winner) – The Verge
* Pending Game Critics Awards Best of E3

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/06/28/e3-2013-playstation-devs-rake-in-awards-accolades/

:pimp:

Last edited:
View media item 472661
With the upcoming launch of PlayStation 4, everyone here at PlayStation is hard at work preparing to deliver the best place to play — the absolute best gaming experiences imaginable.

As you heard at E3, PlayStation Plus will play a huge role in delivering amazing next gen online gaming experiences, while offering incredible value to members. With a single PlayStation Plus membership, you’ll get all of the benefits across PS4, PS3 and PS Vita, making sure you always have something fun to play and experience online with friends.
We’re not stopping there. We’ve already started Year Two off with a bang with the announcement that #DRIVECLUB PS Plus Edition will be available in the Instant Game Collection at launch and one digital title will rotate in each month. We also debuted a powerful June lineup for PS3, including the introduction of three new marquee titles: Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception (single-player), Little Big Planet Karting and XCOM: Enemy Unknown. Up next: the July month outlook next week, which is not to be missed!

Whether you’ve been a member since Day 1 or you’re a newcomer, we thank you for supporting PS Plus and the Instant Game Collection. If you have yet to take the plunge, now is a great time to take advantage of the incredible IGC games offered on PS3 and PS Vita – while ensuring you’re locked and ready for the PS4 this holiday season.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...the-playstation-plus-instant-game-collection/

Why the multiple quotes??

Back
Top Bottom