The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

times have changed. the norm used to have consoles that came out that there actually 'ready' to come out. this 1st year or so of the XB1 and PS4 have shown that these weren't supposed to be out until Fall 14 (especially for the XB1).

also, people are still plenty happy with the performance of the PS3 and XB360. I cant imagine people wanting a new console in 4-5 years considering that developers would just be really getting the full potential out of the systems a couple of years earlier.

Negative box the xbox and the xbox 360 were rushed to the market.

Also a spike in PC gaming happened as a result of previous consoles becoming ancient as far as hardware is concerned.

both the PS4 and the XB1 were rushed to the market.

College is wild for me so I am glad stuff isn't dropping :lol:

FF14 is a dream come true but there is nooooooooo wayyyyyy I am buying that game

This.
mean.gif

Idk if it's cause the Finals are going on, but I'm having a blast with 2K14. I really need to sit down and run through KZ, AC, MG and Watchdogs though.

Can anyone tell me if there's a way to record game clips similar to how the Xbox One does it where you say "record that" and that last 30 seconds gets recorded?

And piggybacking on Madden, I have to get it just cause I need a NFL game in my life. Once the season starts, I'll be fiending for it.

Just give me a decent set of sliders and let me run Franchise and I'll be good.

Last edited:
And piggybacking on Madden, I have to get it just cause I need a NFL game in my life. Once the season starts, I'll be fiending for it.

I can't do it man. That isn't even football to me. The blatant bafoonery man :smh:

Madden 07, NBA 2k7, NHL 2K7, Fight Night Round 3, Need for Speed carbon, Resistance, Call of Duty 3 and Tiger Woods were all launch titles for the PS3.

Looking back on it is 20/20 but saying the PS4's launch lined up is better than the PS3's is silly. Both are meh,

youre right i forgot. still PS4>PS3 launch.

didnt the ps3 launch in 2007 tho? im not 100% because i rememeber the madness at best buy we went to, they were sold out at launch so i had to wait for restocks a few months later. i ask because 2k7 came out in 2006 i believe. at that time i had a 360.

Man I've been playing FF XIV for the last few days. I have a lancer who around lv 18. So far I've done two dungeons or instanced raids (not sure what they're called) and they make the game fun  and makes the grind worth it. Glad I decided to finally sit down and play it.

Yeah I could care less about online play, superstar mode and whatever else they try to add. I just want a straight up franchise mode, preseason, regular season, playoffs, super bowl, offseason. Rinse and repeat. I can't even remember is Madden 25 had that, I barely played but I know 2K got rid of Association mode
mean.gif

Do you guys think the huge Open World in MGS V will suffer the same fate as GTA V? That maybe it's going to be too big to hold our interest and seem boring after a while. I hope not, it seems with the weather changing and variable modes of transport, it's going to be a fun sandbox. 

Do you guys think the huge Open World in MGS V will suffer the same fate as GTA V? That maybe it's going to be too big to hold our interest and seem boring after a while. I hope not, it seems with the weather changing and variable modes of transport, it's going to be a fun sandbox.
I've never finished any MGS games but if TPP is as good and fun as GZ then I think it'll be fine.

Idk if it's cause the Finals are going on, but I'm having a blast with 2K14. I really need to sit down and run through KZ, AC, MG and Watchdogs though.

Can anyone tell me if there's a way to record game clips similar to how the Xbox One does it where you say "record that" and that last 30 seconds gets recorded?
dont u just press the share button? or am i mistaken?

Yeah I'm not really sure how I feel about the open world aspect of it though. I feel like the linear aspect made MGS scenes more memorable But maybe that's just me. I just know it's gonna be good either way

Back
Top Bottom