The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

2420563-feels.png

900x900px-LL-58692c18_ScreenShot2014-06-21at7.24.36PM.jpeg
IMO, The Crash series > Uncharted series. I wish Naughty Dog went back to making fun and creative games instead of Hollywood Blockbusters. 

IMO, The Crash series > Uncharted series. I wish Naughty Dog went back to making fun and creative games instead of Hollywood Blockbusters. 
It still seems like you are on that white white with that nonsense you spewin. Jk :lol: but I would love to see another crash game just due to nostalgia. But I wouldn't put them over the uncharted series tho

It still seems like you are on that white white with that nonsense you spewin. Jk
laugh.gif
but I would love to see another crash game just due to nostalgia. But I wouldn't put them over the uncharted series tho
Uncharted is cool, I like it, but it's generic as hell. Middle aged white guy with a "witty" mentor going around murdering thousands of people.

My first ps1 games were driver, crash bandicoot 2 and the og gran turismo. Until I saved up and bought a memory card, I stayed racing in the Sunday Cup. :lol:

Also ufc is so damn terrible. I've tried to give it a chance but the more I play it the more it annoys me. I'll save the paragraph about everything wrong with it and just say I hate ea even more now.

Which ps4 exclusive driving(not racing) game can compete with Forza Horizon 2?

fh2 is distinct to me since it's emphasis on driving(wherever) and its music festival, whereas the ps4 driving games don't stand out as much.

I'm wasn't even into driving games until I played FH. FH easily rekindled my interest in driving games.

The last racing game I played a lot was Midnight Club 3 dub edition.

Last edited:
Aren't driving and racing games the same thing.. In the driving game it not like u do the speed limit it still a racing game on open map

It still seems like you are on that white white with that nonsense you spewin. Jk
laugh.gif
but I would love to see another crash game just due to nostalgia. But I wouldn't put them over the uncharted series tho
Uncharted is cool, I like it, but it's generic as hell. Middle aged white guy with a "witty" mentor going around murdering thousands of people.
Why do you think that UC is generic?

To my limited knowledge, the UC series ended the whole "ps3 ain't got games meme."

If it's generic, why do you think it's been so successful?
Aren't driving and racing games the same thing.. In the driving game it not like u do the speed limit it still a racing game on open map
They're not. You just described the difference.

In a racing game, you're restricted to just racing.

In a driving game, there are usually little restrictions.

Last edited:
Yea but in a racing game u can still free roam games do have that or ghost laps or time trails were u can do basically watever u want n go to secret areas if the games have them and driving game is just an open map until u do a race then course get closed off... I always considered fh games racing games... No such thing as driving games in my opinion but hey I can b wrong to each is own right

Yea but in a racing game u can still free roam games do have that or ghost laps or time trails were u can do basically watever u want n go to secret areas if the games have them and driving game is just an open map until u do a race then course get closed off... I always considered fh games racing games... No such thing as driving games in my opinion but hey I can b wrong to each is own right
A racing game that emphasizes racing. "Hey, come do this race."

A driving game emphasizes driving. "Hey, drive around the map to find these collectibles."

Some games are in-between such as some NFS titles.

A driving game has more to offer to me because there's more to do.

I've put in 20+ hours into forza horizon. I've only got 37% game completion.

Whereas, in some racing games I've played, I'd have completed the game in 10+ hours.

It's like an open world 3d person game to a linear 3rd person game.

You guys want a AAA studio in Naughty Dog who have made agrueably the beat games on a console in both performance and story telling to work on a new Crash Bandicoot?

What a waste of the talent.

Toshindin was also my first PSOne game.

Last edited:
You guys want a AAA studio in Naughty Dog who have made agrueably the beat games on a console in both performance and story telling to work on a new Crash Bandicoot?

Toshindin was also my first PSOne game.

A non crappy crash game, yes precisely

To my limited knowledge, the UC series ended the whole "ps3 ain't got games meme."

Like I said, it's a pretty good game if you like dumb fun and I like it but it's very generic. You play as a middle aged white guy with a boring love interest that has a "witty" mentor. Boring character designs, no character development, boring game design; move from room to room, hide behind cover, rinse & repeat, a few awesome set pieces here and there and one of the worst bare bones stories in video games. It's like a B Grade Gears of War. 

It's successful because it's the perfect formula to appeal to the broadest range of people, which was their goal.

BTW, Crash Bandicoot series sold more than Uncharted but not by that much, but that was a different time when people actually liked creativity and innovation. I doubt Crash would sell a lot these days.

How is that a waste of talent? Crash Bandicoot made Naughty Dog who they are, it's a triple A game. You seem to be from the camp where, Gore and Violence and mature middle aged protagonists = AAA game. I'm probably in the minority on this but The Last of Us was a great game from a story line point of view but the game play wasn't that great. 

Last edited:

Which ps4 exclusive driving(not racing) game can compete with Forza Horizon 2?

fh2 is distinct to me since it's emphasis on driving(wherever) and its music festival, whereas the ps4 driving games don't stand out as much.

I'm wasn't even into driving games until I played FH. FH easily rekindled my interest in driving games.

The last racing game I played a lot was Midnight Club 3 dub edition.
FH2 seriously had me contemplating buying an xbone.

The experience just won't be the same playing it on 360.

I don't see any franchise that we know of competing with it on PS4.

Ditto on MC3. I can't count how many hours I put into that game.

Uncharted definitely isn't generic. It's a pulp action movie turned into a video game. There's more than the stop-and-pop cover shooting. It's very different than Gears of War. Both great games. In Uncharted there's stuff like using Sir Francis Drake's journal to solve environmental puzzles. Platforming that includes traversing ledges, gaps, bursting through hazards in Indiana Jones-esque moments, scaling/climbing large ruins, vine swinging like Prince of Persia, etc. It's also a collectathon. Not like Mario or Crash, but the games are full of secret treasures to find which is fun and can appeal to people who grew up playing those types of platformers, but in a modern, more photo-realistic game.

You get verticality in gameplay, because you might be doing more platforming with you climbing into a building into a firefight where you can hop out and use the platforming as a stealth tactic. The story is not a middle-aged man murder simulator either. I feel like if you say that, you haven't really played the games. I don't want to spoil the games for anyone who hasn't played them, but there are definitely moments that actually change how you play the game. The story of each game usually has a subtle hint of the supernatural like Indiana Jones.

Except in the Uncharted games, you actually have to deal with supernatural enemies at a certain point. The twist in 1, 2 ,and 3 all had me going. The twist in 1 was probably the most fun for me. Once you're in the bunkers and you find the MP40 for the first time, it turns into a pseudo horror game when you meet the cursed Spaniards/Descendents. Then eventually it throws both the pirates and zombie Gollum dudes at you at the same time.

Like I said, it's a pretty good game if you like dumb fun and I like it but it's very generic. You play as a middle aged white guy with a boring love interest that has a "witty" mentor. Boring character designs, no character development, boring game design; move from room to room, hide behind cover, rinse & repeat, a few awesome set pieces here and there and one of the worst bare bones stories in video games. It's like a B Grade Gears of War. 

It's successful because it's the perfect formula to appeal to the broadest range of people, which was their goal.
You dislike the UC series, but it's one of ps's best series.

None of your dislikes disproved that.

What I like about the UC series is how epic of an adventure Drake and his pals go on.

The voice acting, the soundtrack, and the look/feel of the game is excellent.

What I like about the UC series is how epic of an adventure Drake and his pals go on.

I just said twice that I like the series and enjoy playing it. Read before jumping to conclusions man. 

Yeah, the voice acting, soundtrack and graphics are great.
Uncharted definitely isn't generic. It's a pulp action movie turned into a video game. There's more than the stop-and-pop cover shooting. It's very different than Gears of War. Both great games. In Uncharted there's stuff like using Sir Francis Drake's journal to solve environmental puzzles. Platforming that includes traversing ledges, gaps, bursting through hazards in Indiana Jones-esque moments, scaling/climbing large ruins, vine swinging like Prince of Persia, etc. It's also a collectathon. Not like Mario or Crash, but the games are full of secret treasures to find which is fun and can appeal to people who grew up playing those types of platformers, but in a modern, more photo-realistic game.

You get verticality in gameplay, because you might be doing more platforming with you climbing into a building into a firefight where you can hop out and use the platforming as a stealth tactic. The story is not a middle-aged man murder simulator either. I feel like if you say that, you haven't really played the games. I don't want to spoil the games for anyone who hasn't played them, but there are definitely moments that actually change how you play the game. The story of each game usually has a subtle hint of the supernatural like Indiana Jones.

Except in the Uncharted games, you actually have to deal with supernatural enemies at a certain point. The twist in 1, 2 ,and 3 all had me going. The twist in 1 was probably the most fun for me. Once you're in the bunkers and you find the MP40 for the first time, it turns into a pseudo horror game when you meet the cursed Spaniards/Descendents. Then eventually it throws both the pirates and zombie Gollum dudes at you at the same time.
Yeah, you're right, he has a un-tucked shirt and a scarf, whipper snapper Mentor and Russian villain. Not generic at all. I played and beat all 3 Uncharted games. Pulp action movie? No, it's more of a Michael Bay film. I play them on the highest difficulty, it's all stop and pop shooting if you want to survive. The puzzles are barely puzzles, there's no thinking involved, can be done within 5 minutes. The platforming is on rails and is impossible to die while doing it. The twist you speak of is like 30 minutes at the end of 1 and 2, I really don't remember 3 because it was forgettable besides the parts where you play as little Drake. 

It's a great game series where you can just turn your brain off and take in all the stupid fun. A solid 8/10 game if you don't take it too seriously. Biggest draw of the game for me: it's just plain fun. I'm looking forward to the new one, the graphics look amazing. 

Last edited:
It's raining all day today, ruining all plans. Thinking of starting Metal Gear: Rising, it's been sitting in my backlog for a while now. 

Played MLB the show 14 for 3 weeks straight and then stopped altogether..game is very addictive..can't wait for FIFA 15

I just said twice that I like the series and enjoy playing it. Read before jumping to conclusions man. 

Yeah, the voice acting, soundtrack and graphics are great.
You're saying one thing(UC is generic, etc), then saying the opposite(it's a great game, etc).

Make up your mind.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom