The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Looking forward to ep. 4 of The Walking Dead later today. 
pimp.gif
the-walking-dead-feels_o_929311.jpg

Luminous Engine Technical Director Yoshihisa Hashimoto Leaves Square Enix

The technical director for the eye popping Luminous Engine has left Square Enix to pursue other goals with another company, no further details have been given aside that he has already left the company. This news comes from a friend of Hashimoto’s, that made a post on his facebook wall. The Luminous Engine was supposedly the newest graphic engine developed by Square Enix and fans had a first glance at E3 2012 when Square Enix revealed Agni’s Philosophy, a tech demo running with the engine.Hashimoto originally served as technical director for Sega, making his name under the Hedgehog Engine that was critically praised by both critics, and fans globally. Hashimoto left Sega in late 2009 to join Square Enix where he had a huge impact and introduced the world to the trailer of Agni’s Philosophy. Square Enix is yet to release a statement on the news, and the future of the infamous Luminous Engine is in deep water.

Which could also mean trouble for FFXV.

Paging Hybrid.

It's almost always bad news coming out of SE these days :smh:

Meh, FF XIII looked good enough for me. I just want a classic turn based JRPG with music from Uematsu, good storytelling elements and memorable characters. Although I only played the demo, I think SE should get some guys from the Bravely Default team to help out with future Final Fantasy installments.

1 more ps4 destiny code for the person out there who doesn't have a code yet

PK72-A5NA-7JNE

Seriously, everyone with a ps4 should have the beta by now, right?  They were very loose with these codes.

Just started playing The Last Of Us. Pretty much only made it through opening credits and played for like 5 minutes after that. Any tips?

Bungie knew exactly what they were doing with these codes. There is no excuse for ANYBODY who wanted a code, not to have one. I got 3 just from my pre-order (which I cancelled) and 2 more from via e-mail from Sony. They wanted everyone to play this game. Hopefully more developers will take this approach and allow gamers to play and give feedback.

Does PSN charge tax when you purchase games? I think I'm sitting right at $60

Bungie knew exactly what they were doing with these codes. There is no excuse for ANYBODY who wanted a code, not to have one. I got 3 just from my pre-order (which I cancelled) and 2 more from via e-mail from Sony. They wanted everyone to play this game. Hopefully more developers will take this approach and allow gamers to play and give feedback.
Wouldn't work with all games, you have to know for sure everyone will be hooked on your game and want to play after release. Destiny I haven't seen/heard any huge complaints or disappointments, but if a game is mediocre or lackluster an "almost open" beta like this would just get less people to actually buy the game in the end.

Last edited:
Wouldn't work with all games, you have to know for sure everyone will be hooked on your game and want to play after release. Destiny I haven't seen/heard any huge complaints or disappointments, but if a game is mediocre or lackluster an "almost open" beta like this would just get less people to actually buy the game in the end.
True. I just appreciate the fact that they were willing to drop an alpha and a beta months before the game drops to try and make it the best game possible. I'm not even sold on Destiny yet but this fact alone makes me want to cop it. Just think if BF4 would've had a beta, they could have avoided that terrible launch.

No tax. Another benefit of buying digital
I just wish the games were cheaper. They should offer some discount just based off the fact that if I don't like a game I can't trade it in. I'll probably just cop 2K or CoD, I usually play those year round.

True.I just appreciate the fact that they were willing to drop an alpha and a beta months before the game drops to try and make it the best game possible. I'm not even sold on Destiny yet but this fact alone makes me want to cop it. Just think if BF4 would've had a beta, they could have avoided that terrible launch.
I agree, I honestly was borderline on getting the game or not, but after hearing people talk about how good the alpha was, I preorder just to try out the beta, and I'm sold on it. Changed my preorder from regular to limited edition(mainly for expansion pass), and will be there with everyone else come September.

It's almost expected for any MMO or the like to have to do a beta just because they need to see how well there servers and game runs with more people in it. I agree with you that I wish there were more pre-release betas or demos out there. Too often you can't even d/l a demo a game until its released, and its basically because they don't have the confidence like Bungie has and they are too worried about loss sales from giving early access.

Just started playing The Last Of Us. Pretty much only made it through opening credits and played for like 5 minutes after that. Any tips?

dont use all of your ammo too early. It gets harder as the game progresses. Stealth, stealth, stealth. Also, Shards are king.

I prefer the old logo too but I could kind of see why they changed it.

It looks like a logo from a dev who only makes triple A games while thisnew one sort of fits with their identity of not only making big games but also helping out and co-developing smaller titles like Journey, The Unfinished Swan.

Here's what they said:

Kinetica, God of War, Journey, Hohokum, and The Order: 1886 – these are just a few examples our studio’s strong internal and external legacy encompassing a broad spectrum of innovative and diverse titles. As we at Santa Monica Studio continue our odyssey to develop great games for the PlayStation 4 (no hints!) both with our internal studio and our external dev partners, it seemed befitting to seek out a new unified studio logo. The goal – create a flexible identity for all of our games, a united banner for all we do.

Over one year ago, the creative process of developing our new studio logo began, bringing together team members across different departments of our studio to collaborate and engage in this journey. When you think about establishing a new brand identity, it is about more than an image, it is our promise to our fans that we will continue our tradition of inventive and exceptional games. Now, one year later, we are proud to reveal a logo that celebrates all of our games.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/07/22/sony-santa-monica-unveils-new-logo/

View media item 1091593
View media item 1091604

View media item 1091594

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom