The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

I read this comment on the Destiny forums and I think he is pretty spot on with what he is saying. I put it in a spoiler since it is a little lengthy.
I see a lot of negativity posts here. People claiming they are bored after 4 hours. Other People burning through the game in 17 hours, claiming they beat and finished the game. Etc.

I think the main problem with Destiny currently is. Is that Bungie is behind the Halo games.
The Halo games, just like the Call of Duty and Battlefield games, just have a single story campain (you usually finish in 10-16 hours average) and then you are just left shooting eachother in the face on PVP maps.

And that is the problem right there. People are treating Destiny as yet another Halo, CoD, BF game. Rushing through the Story Campain missions, get bored and even claim they beat the game.

They are completely unaware that they basically only touched like 20% or what the entire game has to offer.
Most these People don´t even know you can pick up Bounties at The Tower (starting from lvl4) and then enter the maps in Exploration mode.

Exploration mode is the core experience of this game! Here is were most of the stuff happens and how you obtain the best loot / rewards when leveling! It´s also the main way to gain Vanguard reputation! Vanguard Reputation you need to get the best gear at lvl20 (along with Vanguard marks from strikes), unlock emblems for your class, etc.
- Bounties
- Scout missions
- Public Events
- Harvesting materials for Upgrades
- Exploring
- Hunting
All stuff you can do in Exploration mode. It´s basically open world, where you run into other People, help eachother With difficult encounters, like bos mobs and Public events. Etc.

EDIT: As was pointed out. There are also parts of each map, like Kings watch, that won't open up to you until you reach Level 20. So even at Level 20, you are encouraged to get back to each map and explore new areas.

Then I haven´t even touched the Strikes and the Glass Vault RAID (that isn´t even open yet until Next week) to get the best endgame gear and push yourself from lvl20 to lvl30.
Then I also haven´t touched the sub classes yet, opening up at Level 15.

I think it´s a real shame! And a lot of the Day One reviews out there are reflecting exactly this!

I don´t know what it is, if it´s Bungie´s fault? Having been too secretive, giving out too little information and details about what all there is to do in the game.
Their main website isn´t really helping either, with just sparse descriptions. /sigh

EDIT: Someone brought it up and Complete forgot to mention it.
People also have the freedom to ignore most of the PVE part of the game and just play Crucible PVP, Level up through PVP and buy gear on Crucible PVP vendors.
Just another strength of this game and the freedom it gives to People in what they want to do.

I read this comment on the Destiny forums and I think he is pretty spot on with what he is saying. I put it in a spoiler since it is a little lengthy.
I see a lot of negativity posts here. People claiming they are bored after 4 hours. Other People burning through the game in 17 hours, claiming they beat and finished the game. Etc.

I think the main problem with Destiny currently is. Is that Bungie is behind the Halo games.
The Halo games, just like the Call of Duty and Battlefield games, just have a single story campain (you usually finish in 10-16 hours average) and then you are just left shooting eachother in the face on PVP maps.

And that is the problem right there. People are treating Destiny as yet another Halo, CoD, BF game. Rushing through the Story Campain missions, get bored and even claim they beat the game.

They are completely unaware that they basically only touched like 20% or what the entire game has to offer.
Most these People don´t even know you can pick up Bounties at The Tower (starting from lvl4) and then enter the maps in Exploration mode.

Exploration mode is the core experience of this game! Here is were most of the stuff happens and how you obtain the best loot / rewards when leveling! It´s also the main way to gain Vanguard reputation! Vanguard Reputation you need to get the best gear at lvl20 (along with Vanguard marks from strikes), unlock emblems for your class, etc.
- Bounties
- Scout missions
- Public Events
- Harvesting materials for Upgrades
- Exploring
- Hunting
All stuff you can do in Exploration mode. It´s basically open world, where you run into other People, help eachother With difficult encounters, like bos mobs and Public events. Etc.

EDIT: As was pointed out. There are also parts of each map, like Kings watch, that won't open up to you until you reach Level 20. So even at Level 20, you are encouraged to get back to each map and explore new areas.

Then I haven´t even touched the Strikes and the Glass Vault RAID (that isn´t even open yet until Next week) to get the best endgame gear and push yourself from lvl20 to lvl30.
Then I also haven´t touched the sub classes yet, opening up at Level 15.

I think it´s a real shame! And a lot of the Day One reviews out there are reflecting exactly this!

I don´t know what it is, if it´s Bungie´s fault? Having been too secretive, giving out too little information and details about what all there is to do in the game.
Their main website isn´t really helping either, with just sparse descriptions. /sigh

EDIT: Someone brought it up and Complete forgot to mention it.
People also have the freedom to ignore most of the PVE part of the game and just play Crucible PVP, Level up through PVP and buy gear on Crucible PVP vendors.
Just another strength of this game and the freedom it gives to People in what they want to do.
insightful.

repped

@seandon23 I promise I won't die as much tonite.
tongue.gif
laugh.gif
mean.gif
oh aight b you better not 
roll.gif
 i can't always be the one to revive you 
laugh.gif

Most likely the Golds, what I have ...but I know alot people that use their cell phone headsets just fine.

I use the 'bronze' headset :lol: it works but i can hardly hear, same for my apple head phones, i guess Gold it is

Who is that getting jiggy in ur avi?

i like wired headsets instead of bluetooth so i may buy those i wonder if the sound quality will be any different from golds to silvers. still stuck with the bronze mic lol

I hate when people  use their bronze mics or have the sound coming through their TVs, do these people not know we can also hear their damn tv.  Theres an echo with every sound when playing with these people.

Im on level five right now in Destiny. When I play with a team, every mission my kills are usually about 9 while the other players are at like 40_50. Wtf am I doing wrong over here. My gun sucks my armor sucks I mean **** wtf. I am mos def doing it wrong. :smh: :stoneface:

NBA2K14 was a great next gen experience to me

Compared to the PS3 version

Just my opinion
Gameplay was good.

Those incomplete looking menus and  dealing with 2K servers just to play MyPlayer etc. was terrible

^^ I've seen the Golds go as low as $35 ...anything around $50 is decent deal.

The thing is the I only use a mic for Destiny, and it collected dust until Destiny was released.

The PS phone app next update should include being able to access your shared screenshots at least.  I took a screencap of PEESNid sitting on the throne after one of those missions on Mars or Venus.  I'm at work and forgot all about it.

We tried beating the mission on hard straight up, but ended up resorting to cheap tactics leading the boss and enemies to the entrance and just shot whatever's at the door. 
laugh.gif

Im on level five right now in Destiny. When I play with a team, every mission my kills are usually about 9 while the other players are at like 40_50. Wtf am I doing wrong over here. My gun sucks my armor sucks I mean **** wtf. I am mos def doing it wrong. :smh: :stoneface:
I've read complaints on this. I guess when they assemble your crew on the missions, they don't team you up with ppl of the same level. Someone was saying (might have been on here) that they're either the noob and just running thru the level cuz the other players are clearing everything out with their stronger weapons and special powers, OR he was teamed with noobs and they stir s*** up then get killed shortly after and he was left to fight off a large hive.
Seems like they need to patch it to where you get teamed with like leveled players.

Btw I still haven't played mine yet. Just saying what I read. My son was being needy last night so I had to lay with him till he crashed out. I fell asleep before him... Smh

The PS phone app next update should include being able to access your shared screenshots at least.  I took a screencap of PEESNid sitting on the throne after one of those missions on Mars or Venus.  I'm at work and forgot all about it.

We tried beating the mission on hard straight up, but ended up resorting to cheap tactics leading the boss and enemies to the entrance and just shot whatever's at the door. :lol:
:rofl: staying behind that door with our skirts up :lol:
and to your post about mics and loud tvs, I heard you ask if we have mics. I do but I like my surround sound loud like a movie theater so I dont use it for that exact reason :nerd:

Probably gonna go in for a couple hours tonight.. Prob more pve, might try pvp just for maps I haven't played yet.

The Silver headset should be around $40. For $70, minus whale wait around for a sale on the Gold one for less than that.
That what I was thinking when I seen them. Should have been priced no higher than $50, half of what the Golds retail at and hell you can even get them for the low.

Try to get people to carry you through strikes lol best way to get a better weapon. IMO or since you're level 5 just go get something from the vanguard armory in the mean time.

Back
Top Bottom