The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Doesn't show much but it's an online only game.
I'm guessing this is exclusive to PS4 on consoles and cross compatible with PC

infss_new_1_by_gifsandmore-d6g5mmo.gif

infss_new_2_by_gifsandmore-d6g5ng2.gif

:wow: :wow: :wow:

Yo inFAMOUS

Sooo I went to Gamestop today to see if they buy back tablets. I asked the manager whens the PS4 release date would be and he responds with "Off the record, my buddy in Cali says it'll be November 13th" (which has already been posted in here) "...and the Xbox will be released on the 5th." I asked if he was sure the Xbox was releasing before the PS4 and he said Yes. I told them well they're going to need a head start and laughed and he says no they won't followed by some nonsense. Then he tells me Sony is estimated to be selling 25 million more units than MS. Dude didn't even know the policy for always online was reversed and he tried to argue with me and another customer jumped it to cosign what I said.

One thing I think you've guys should know is he says he highly doubts stores will be receiving anywhere near 150 PS4 consoles DAY 1. He says most likely stores will receive about 60-80 consoles and 80 is pushing it. He said your best bet was being within the first 60 to reserve. He feels GS was stupid to promise all of these consoles and he knows stores are going to be making calls to let people know they won't get it first day. He said the next batch would probably be 2 weeks after.

Damn good info dabottom .. I hope dude is right Ima mark that on the calendar .. But man kinda bummed cuz I don't think I was the first 60 to reserve at my GS... :smh:

Damn good info dabottom .. I hope dude is right Ima mark that on the calendar .. But man kinda bummed cuz I don't think I was the first 60 to reserve at my GS... :smh:

Best thing I can say if its true, pay your console off asap and get in good with the people there and hopefully they look out.

Pre-ordered mine a day after e3 I better be good.

If not someone at Gamestop getting slapped

Last edited:
I'll say take info you get from a Gamestop manager with a big grain of salt.

I pre ordered my PS4 at my local Gamestop 15 minutes after Sony's E3 press conference and I'm #1 on the pre order list at that store.

Last edited:
Pre-ordered mine a day after e3 I better be good.

If not someone at Gamestop getting slapped
I think I reserved mine a few days after but word I agree someone gettin slapped if I don't get 1 day 1 cause I was promised other wise

I pre ordered my PS4 at my local Gamestop 15 minutes after Sony's E3 press conference and I'm #1 on the pre order list at that store.

Definitely. Talk to 100 different gamestop managers you'll probably get 100 different answers. They really don't know all that much.

Reactions: ct3
how does GS preorder work? is it like since you preordered first if there are lines that you will be moved to the front and get ur ps4 first?

I hear you. I believe I was 30 on one order and 40 something on another.

how does GS preorder work? is it like since you preordered first if there are lines that you will be moved to the front and get ur ps4 first?

I hope they they call people in advance to finishing paying theirs early if they're with the range of consoles available. I plan to take that day off and just go early with some friends.

Anybody that has a preorder gets their console before a random person can come in and buy one.

so the guy that said he was the first one to preorder at his GS could actually not get his ps4 if there are other people that preordered after him but in front of him in line?

so the guy that said he was the first one to preorder at his GS could actually not get his ps4 if there are other people that preordered after him but in front of him in line?

Yup. Cause i doubt they'll wait for the first person before moving on to number 2. I hope they give out tickets like they do for Madden releases over here.

Assuming they don't have enough ps4's in the first shipment yeah, but then he would be guaranteed a console on the next shipment.

I'm not going to worry about whether my gamestop has enough or not though.

Was #1 at my local GS and here's what he told me (before he told me how he was a MS guy and hated them due to the DRM fiasco)

He said those who pre-ordered would get a call launch day, or you can just show up with your receipt. You will be given 48 hrs to pick it up or you would have to wait for the next shipment. He told me the controllers would be limited.

IMO, if you're in the top 30 at your local GS, you're good launch day.

Last edited:
Was #1 at my local GS and here's what he told me (before he told me how he was a MS guy and hated them due to the DRM fiasco)

He said those who pre-ordered would get a call launch day, or you can just show up with your receipt. You will be given 48 hrs to pick it up or you would have to wait for the next shipment. He told me the controllers would be limited.

IMO, if you're in the top 30 at your local GS, you're good launch day.

To stop the speculation, here is Gamestops official policy regarding the pre-ordering of the Xbox 1 and PS4. Sony has made it very easy, those who pre-ordered first will get a "premium" bundle PS4 (not announced) it includes extra goodies (un-announced). These were rare and reserved for the very very first day pre-orders as a bonus. I've seen the SKU and I was #2 to reserve at my GS with my good friend #1. Everyone after that you can ask your local GS for the purchase time on your pre-order and that is suppose to be your official line spot same with Xbox 1. So if you pre-ordered first, you'll be getting one.

"Destiny is on pace to set the all-time preorder record"
http://www.gamespot.com/news/activision-destiny-has-potential-to-be-billion-dollar-series-6412402

Ubisoft is teasing the reveal of a new franchise at Gamescom next month. In an announcement of its Gamescom lineup today, Ubisoft said it will “share details on a new next-gen IP currently in development during the show,” though no other details were provided.

The tease may be referring to Child of Light, the new game from Far Cry 3 creative director Patrick Plourde that Ubisoft previously said will be revealed at GDC Europe (which takes place in the days leading up to Gamescom).

Gamescom will run from August 21-25 in Cologne, Germany. Ubisoft’s lineup will also include Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag, Watch Dogs, The Crew, Rayman Legends and Splinter Cell Blacklist.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/08/01/ubisoft-revealing-new-next-gen-game-at-gamescom

seems like an interesting concept with what seems like very good graphics

not much opinion other than that until i see it in action

Back
Top Bottom