Last of Us

... and games like
Final Fantasy XIV
Outlast
Warframe
The Order
Drive Club

Basically any Level 5 or Atlus game

As well as the benefits of PS+ have me preordering a day 1 PS4, while waiting at least a few months before an XBox 1.
I too miss infamous and uncharted (played the first ones on my friends ps3 years ago)  but killzone was always EHHHHH to me. Last of us isnt gonna be on the ps4, and final fantasy has sold out and is gonna be on the xbox as well now. its tough because xbox is trying to eliminate all the differences between the systems lol

speaking of this unnamed Sony console, the other day while going to work on the PATH train i saw a news ad on the train on the digital screen it has, saying that Sony is releasing a more affordable 12GB :smile:rolleyes i know) PS3 console. could that be the unnamed console they speak of? i personally hope its the PS4 but we shall have to wait and see..

The 12GB has been out in europe for some time now and it's popular. Get it cheap, by a 500GB or 1TB hardrive and a bracket and fit that in for less than the price of a lot of the retail PS3's.
It's also great for the people who only buy one game like COD or Fifa so it's a great deal for them and would probably sell well on black friday.

THAT ARTICLE SAYS EXACTLY WHAT I'VE BEEN THINKING. BOTH CONSOLES ARE CONTINUOUSLY BITING OFF EACH OTHER TO WHERE FEATURES ARE PRETTY MUCH THE SAME ACROSS THE BOARD.

Sony's not just a games company. This has been one of their plans for a long time from the Sony Pictures side of things. Of course the PS3, PS4, and PSVita being Sony products means they will get this as well just like how they got Music and Video unlimited. Even the Bravia TV's will be getting it from what I quoted.

honestly speaking, now that the xbox has rolled back all of its previous requirements, it seems the only real differences between the two consoles are $100 and exclusive games. I have a 360 and due to m$ crap policies they tried to implement i decided to get the ps4 this go around. but now with those gone, the only reasons im still leaning to the ps4 are i hate to backtrack and m$ completely disrespect us gamers with no regard for our opinions UP UNTIL e3 where playstation absolutely dismantled them. Since then, theyve been backpedaling to save face/increase sales. I dont want to support a company who gives me poop, tells me its gold and to get used to it, and once we all turn our backs...THEN they say just kidding..you do matter.

but to be honest, the exclusives on the xbox look better to me at this point. without bias, how do u guys feel about it

PS4 is still more powerful and don't forget there will be more reveals at Gamescom. They did say Sony's WWS' have 30 games in development and 20 of those are coming out in the first year. I don't expect it to be all AAA blockbuster titles but 20 is still a lot.
Also expect another Naughty Dog reveal in the VGA's like Last of US a couple of years ago.

Last edited:
For those trading in games. Trade now! Dont wait until that 50% more value bullshi* GameStop changes values every week. So your more likely to get more money now on the extra 30% trade in value.

I think you'd do better re-selling the Fats, especially if it has BC.

Slims get a fairly good trade-in value. $120 for my 160GB

I think you'd do better re-selling the Fats, especially if it has BC.

Slims get a fairly good trade-in value. $120 for my 160GB

Too bad my OG 60GB fried its power supply :frown:, well the only thing that still bugs me about it, are all my game saves are gone (WKC, Disgaea 3, Valkryie Chronicles, Dragons Dogma). Don't even know if I can get it fixed, it died with my buddys FIFA 13 in there, so I went ape **** on it to get the Blu-ray drive out and get the disc.

Last edited:
Who has a 500gb ps3? 

With every game you purchase, you have to install a certain amount of gbs onto your hdd for said ps3 game to work right?

Assuming that I want to own 25-40 ps3 games, would a 250gb ps3 make the cut or would the 500gb ps3 be the better option?

I have a 250gb 360. I have about 66gb left. Pretty soon, I'll be at the point where I'm deleting my downloadables to save space, not to mention games with multiple discs.

Also, can you download full games to the hdd like the 360?

My main reason for going with the the PS4 this gen, aside from the price is the fact that I just don't trust Microsoft launch hardware. I still have a really bad taste in my mouth from the whole red ring fiasco. I'm going to wait at least six months on the new Xbox, maybe longer. I won't really need one until the new Halo releases anyway.

Ain't gonna lie I've been contemplating getting the XBox One now. With the change in policies everything is on the fence, but the controller is the game changer. Regardless if I don't like the PS4 I can prolly just trade someone for an XBox one. All the PS4 features sound cool, but I don't see myself using it enough. Oh and the PS+ store is another thing that has me leaning towards PS4.

Last edited:
^not to mention that m$ may just switch back to their original plans later on into next gen.

I really don't think there's a chance that they go back to the Pre-Post E3 policies. The backlash would be unbearable for them. But then again I really didn't think that the rumors were true and they were stupid enough to go through with them in the first place.

^not to mention that m$ may just switch back to their original plans later on into next gen.

I was actually hoping for the anti used game thing to go through. Was looking forward to the downfall of GameStop. We all know its inevitable though.

You would swear Microsoft did something to harm you personally. :lol:

That scenario is ridiculous unlikely because there are so many moving parts to pull off that move.

Last edited:
It

That scenario is ridiculous unlikely because there are so many moving parts to pull off that move.

It's possible for them to revert back since its just a patch that is undoing everything. During the reversal MS didn't denied that they could possibly revert back to the original policy's, but if they do it would be suicide.

It

It's possible for them to revert back since its just a patch that is undoing everything. During the reversal MS didn't denied that they could possibly revert back to the original policy's, but if they do it would be suicide.

They can't consoles that are offline.

Which would mean they would have to get pubs to agree, or force, them to put DRM on game disc.

And convince/for them from freaking out Gamestop, Bestbuy, GAME, Amazon, etc. to sell game disc that undercut part of their business.

And then would it be legal in every country the One is sold. I have a feeling the German government would love to get up MS's *** one more time.

Then all the bad press.

The bad PR would be only the beginning to there problems if they pull this. To be honest it would be better if Amazon's console to Steambox has decent success and paves the way for MS to try make this move again.

-But to be honest try might try again with the One's sequel. The head of the Xbox division will probably be the CEO of MS when that time comes. So they will tip there hand before the times comes on what they see the future of the Xbox is

Its so stupid to think Microsoft would suddenly activate DRM in a couple years. Perhaps to digital downloads in order to implement new features, but not to everyone's beloved discs.

I can just picture Microsoft sending everyone an email "No more used games muahahaha"

Next Day: Gamestop throws away millions of used discs.

Yep, that's a believable scenario.

Back
Top Bottom