The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Was just about to post this, but the link wasn't loading for me.

All I can play $ony?

KQ4gME5.gif

Last edited:
My backlog is about to increase :lol:
Gonna get Jak and Daxter, ratchet and clank, and possibly Sly Copper Collection and FF VIII and IX.

If FFVII is coming out on the ps4 as a port does it make sense to even buy it if you can get it on the PS3 for $5

geeked for that resident evil remake.

im definitely waiting to start that 7 day trial till i got time off from work lol (does it start when you register for it, or is this first week free?)

The PC version on steam had achievements but there's no word of they'll be available in ps4.

@empirestrikesfirst do you know if the FF7 port will have trophies?
Like @iYen and @CenTex HOGG  said, it will for sure. No disc based game has not had trophies since probably 2009-2010. Might be an exception or two, but this release is guaranteed to. SE and Sony know the value that simply adding trophies to games adds. 

Like Centex mentioned, these are the Steam achievements. More than likely you'll see the trophy list mirror this fairly closely.

Kind of a phoned-in group, so I hope they make some changes for the trophy list. I'd be willing to bet you see a Platinum in there as well. 

Not an easy Platinum, but a fun one to try for.
[table][tr][th=""]Achievement[/th][th=""]Icon[/th][th=""]Description[/th][th=""]Notes[/th][/tr][tr][th=""]End of Part I[/th][td] [/td][td]Complete the first part of the game [/td][td]The ordinary end of Disc 1, after defeatingJenova∙LIFE.[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]End of Part II[/th][td] [/td][td]Complete the second part of the game [/td][td]The ordinary end of Disc 2, after defeating Lifeform-Hojo N.[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]End of Game[/th][td] [/td][td]Complete FINAL FANTASY VII [/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Master Materia[/th][td] [/td][td]Reach the maximum level of any Materia  [/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Master of Gil[/th][td] [/td][td]99,999,999 Gil  [/td][td]See Gil#Final Fantasy VII  for gil earning tips.[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Top Level[/th][td] [/td][td]Reach level  99 with any character [/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Knights of the Round[/th][td] [/td][td]Get materia Knights of the Round  [/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Omnislash[/th][td] [/td][td]Get Cloud's  last Limit Break [/td][td]The player automatically obtains Omnislash  before the fight against Sephiroth  and completes this achievement, regardless of whether the Omnislash manual was ever obtained.[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Catastrophe[/th][td] [/td][td]Get Barret's  last Limit Break [/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Chaos[/th][td] [/td][td]Get Vincent's  last Limit Break [/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Great Gospel[/th][td] [/td][td]Get Aeris's  last Limit Break [/td][td]"Aeris's" is replaced by "Aerith's" on the website. This is missable  on a playthrough if the player does not obtain the limit manual before the Temple of the Ancientsevents and learn it before fighting Demons Gate.[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Highwind[/th][td] [/td][td]Get Cid's  last Limit Break [/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Final Heaven[/th][td] [/td][td]Get Tifa's  last Limit Break [/td][/tr][tr][th=""]All Creation[/th][td] [/td][td]Get Yuffie's  last Limit Break [/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Cosmo Memory[/th][td] [/td][td]Get Red XIII's last Limit Break [/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Slots[/th][td] [/td][td]Get Cait Sith's  last Limit Break [/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Bahamut Zero[/th][td] [/td][td]Get materia Bahamut Zero  [/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Ultimate Weapon[/th][td] [/td][td]Defeat the Ultimate Weapon  [/td][td]Awarded for defeating Ultimate Weapon after fighting him for the final time near Cosmo Canyon.[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Diamond Weapon[/th][td] [/td][td]Defeat the Diamond Weapon  [/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Ruby Weapon[/th][td] [/td][td]Defeat the Ruby Weapon  [/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Emerald Weapon[/th][td] [/td][td]Defeat the Emerald Weapon  [/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Vincent[/th][td] [/td][td]Get Vincent on your team [/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Yuffie[/th][td] [/td][td]Get Yuffie on your team [/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Materia Overlord[/th][td] [/td][td]Master all Materia [/td][td]Must have at least one of each Materia in the game mastered (except for Underwater  Materia). The player needs at least one Enemy Skill Materia  with all the skills unlocked. Master MagicMaster Summon  and Master Command  Materia are needed and all the Materia must be in the inventory or equipped to a member of the current party. The check is performed after the battle where the last Materia is mastered (although it has been reported the check is done after a battle where one learns an enemy skill, this is incorrect).[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Battle Square[/th][td] [/td][td]Start a battle in the Battle Square  [/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Gold Chocobo*
Golden Feather*[/th][td] [/td][td]Get a Gold Chocobo  [/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Won 1st Battle*
First Battle*[/th][td] [/td][td]Win your first battle [/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Braver[/th][td] [/td][td]Use Cloud's 1st Limit [/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Big Shot[/th][td] [/td][td]Use Barret's 1st Limit [/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Galian Beast[/th][td] [/td][td]Use Vincent's 1st Limit [/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Healing Wind[/th][td] [/td][td]Use Aeris's 1st Limit [/td][td]"Aeris's" is replaced by "Aerith's" on the website. This is missable on a playthrough if the player does not use Healing Wind before the end of the Temple of the Ancients events.[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Boost Jump[/th][td] [/td][td]Use Cid's 1st Limit [/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Beat Rush[/th][td] [/td][td]Use Tifa's 1st Limit [/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Greased Lightning[/th][td] [/td][td]Use Yuffie's 1st Limit [/td][td]The Steam release incorrectly lists the achievement description as "Get Yuffie on your team", the same description for the achievement named "Yuffie".[/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Sled Fang[/th][td] [/td][td]Use Red XIII's 1st Limit [/td][/tr][tr][th=""]Dice[/th][td] [/td][td]Use Cait Sith's 1st Limit [/td][/tr][/table]

Last edited:
Like @iYen
and @CenTex HOGG
 said, it will for sure. No disc based game has not had trophies since probably 2009-2010. Might be an exception or two, but this release is guaranteed to. SE and Sony know the value that simply adding trophies to games adds. 

Like Centex mentioned, these are the Steam achievements. More than likely you'll see the trophy list mirror this fairly closely.

Kind of a phoned-in group, so I hope they make some changes for the trophy list. I'd be willing to bet you see a Platinum in there as well. 

[table][tr][th=""]Achievement[/th]

[th=""]Icon[/th]

[th=""]Description[/th]

[th=""]Notes[/th]

[/tr]
[TR]
[th=""]
End of Part I
[/th]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Complete the first part of the game [/td]

[td]The ordinary end of Disc 1, after defeatingJenova∙LIFE
.[/td]

[/TR]
[TR]
[th=""]
End of Part II
[/th]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Complete the second part of the game [/td]

[td]The ordinary end of Disc 2, after defeating Lifeform-Hojo N
.[/td]

[/TR]
[TR]
[th=""]
End of Game
[/th]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Complete FINAL FANTASY VII [/td]

[/TR]
[TR]
[th=""]
Master Materia
[/th]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Reach the maximum level of any Materia
 [/td]

[/TR]
[TR]
[th=""]
Master of Gil
[/th]

[td]

[/td]

[td]99,999,999 Gil
 [/td]

[td]
See Gil#Final Fantasy VII
 for gil earning tips.

[/td]

[/TR]
[TR]
[th=""]
Top Level
[/th]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Reach level
 99 with any character [/td]

[/TR]
[TR]
[th=""]
Knights of the Round
[/th]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Get materia Knights of the Round
 [/td]

[/TR]
[TR]
[th=""]
Omnislash
[/th]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Get Cloud's
 last Limit Break [/td]

[td]The player automatically obtains Omnislash
 before the fight against Sephiroth
 and completes this achievement, regardless of whether the Omnislash manual was ever obtained.[/td]

[/TR]
[TR]
[th=""]
Catastrophe
[/th]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Get Barret's
 last Limit Break [/td]

[/TR]
[TR]
[th=""]
Chaos
[/th]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Get Vincent's
 last Limit Break [/td]

[/TR]
[TR]
[th=""]
Great Gospel
[/th]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Get Aeris's
 last Limit Break [/td]

[td]"Aeris's" is replaced by "Aerith's" on the website. This is missable
 on a playthrough if the player does not obtain the limit manual before the Temple of the Ancients
events and learn it before fighting Demons Gate
.[/td]

[/TR]
[TR]
[th=""]
Highwind
[/th]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Get Cid's
 last Limit Break [/td]

[/TR]
[TR]
[th=""]
Final Heaven
[/th]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Get Tifa's
 last Limit Break [/td]

[/TR]
[TR]
[th=""]
All Creation
[/th]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Get Yuffie's
 last Limit Break [/td]

[/TR]
[TR]
[th=""]
Cosmo Memory
[/th]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Get Red XIII
's last Limit Break [/td]

[/TR]
[TR]
[th=""]
Slots
[/th]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Get Cait Sith's
 last Limit Break [/td]

[/TR]
[TR]
[th=""]
Bahamut Zero
[/th]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Get materia Bahamut Zero
 [/td]

[/TR]
[TR]
[th=""]
Ultimate Weapon
[/th]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Defeat the Ultimate Weapon
 [/td]

[td]Awarded for defeating Ultimate Weapon after fighting him for the final time near Cosmo Canyon
.[/td]

[/TR]
[TR]
[th=""]
Diamond Weapon
[/th]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Defeat the Diamond Weapon
 [/td]

[/TR]
[TR]
[th=""]
Ruby Weapon
[/th]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Defeat the Ruby Weapon
 [/td]

[/TR]
[TR]
[th=""]
Emerald Weapon
[/th]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Defeat the Emerald Weapon
 [/td]

[/TR]
[TR]
[th=""]
Vincent
[/th]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Get Vincent on your team [/td]

[/TR]
[TR]
[th=""]
Yuffie
[/th]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Get Yuffie on your team [/td]

[/TR]
[TR]
[th=""]
Materia Overlord
[/th]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Master all Materia [/td]

[td]Must have at least one of each Materia in the game mastered (except for Underwater
 Materia). The player needs at least one Enemy Skill Materia
 with all the skills unlocked. Master Magic
Master Summon
 and Master Command
 Materia are needed and all the Materia must be in the inventory or equipped to a member of the current party. The check is performed after the battle where the last Materia is mastered (although it has been reported the check is done after a battle where one learns an enemy skill, this is incorrect).[/td]

[/TR]
[TR]
[th=""]
Battle Square
[/th]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Start a battle in the Battle Square
 [/td]

[/TR]
[TR]
[th=""]
Gold Chocobo

Golden Feather*[/th]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Get a Gold Chocobo
 [/td]

[/TR]
[TR]
[th=""]
Won 1st Battle

First Battle*[/th]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Win your first battle [/td]

[/TR]
[TR]
[th=""]
Braver
[/th]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Use Cloud's 1st Limit [/td]

[/TR]
[TR]
[th=""]
Big Shot
[/th]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Use Barret's 1st Limit [/td]

[/TR]
[TR]
[th=""]
Galian Beast
[/th]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Use Vincent's 1st Limit [/td]

[/TR]
[TR]
[th=""]
Healing Wind
[/th]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Use Aeris's 1st Limit [/td]

[td]"Aeris's" is replaced by "Aerith's" on the website. This is missable on a playthrough if the player does not use Healing Wind before the end of the Temple of the Ancients events.[/td]

[/TR]
[TR]
[th=""]
Boost Jump
[/th]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Use Cid's 1st Limit [/td]

[/TR]
[TR]
[th=""]
Beat Rush
[/th]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Use Tifa's 1st Limit [/td]

[/TR]
[TR]
[th=""]
Greased Lightning
[/th]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Use Yuffie's 1st Limit [/td]

[td]The Steam release incorrectly lists the achievement description as "Get Yuffie on your team", the same description for the achievement named "Yuffie".[/td]

[/TR]
[TR]
[th=""]
Sled Fang
[/th]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Use Red XIII's 1st Limit [/td]

[/TR]
[TR]
[th=""]
Dice
[/th]

[td]

[/td]

[td]Use Cait Sith's 1st Limit [/td]

[/TR]
[/table]
disc based :nerd: I thought this would be a download only port

That Master all Materia trophy :smh:

Emerald isn't so bad. Just need Phoenix summon. Out of the 8 times I've beaten FFVII I've beaten ruby once without the use of gameshark. I got SUPER lucky, he swallowed up cloud and someone else, leaving me with Caith. Got my limit break and got the instant win on the slots. It was amazing! I still can't believe it.

Like @iYen
and @CenTex HOGG
 said, it will for sure. No disc based game has not had trophies since probably 2009-2010. Might be an exception or two, but this release is guaranteed to. SE and Sony know the value that simply adding trophies to games adds. 

disc based
nerd.gif
I thought this would be a download only port

That Master all Materia trophy
mean.gif
Oh wow, how did I miss this!? I was under the impression it was getting a physical copy.

That said, I think we are still safe to assume it will get trophies. If not, it would be a shock to me that SE would be so short-sighted. Alot of RPG fans on the fence about buying this for the fifth time might be swayed by the inclusion of trophies. 
laugh.gif

Thanks for mentioning that @CenTex HOGG  I wouldn't even have known until release date. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Emerald isn't so bad. Just need Phoenix summon. Out of the 8 times I've beaten FFVII I've beaten ruby once without the use of gameshark. I got SUPER lucky, he swallowed up cloud and someone else, leaving me with Caith. Got my limit break and got the instant win on the slots. It was amazing! I still can't believe it.

The trick to ruby weapon is to go into the battle with 2 out of 3 of your party KO'd, just revive them and he won't Completely Remove a party member.

Back
Top Bottom