The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

As much as people want to dispute this, I'd say X1 had a much larger multi-player community on average than PS4. Maybe it's just my perception, but I see it the same way you do.

I don't think it is good or bad. Just a point of differentiation between the two consoles. 

I agree. XBOX in general has seemed to always have the bigger MP community

Happy I scrolled back a few pages. Too many jokes. Well Forbes posted a nice article about PS4 outselling Xbox for the next 4 years. Mad units sold for loner gaming. ::grabs popcorn::
As much as people want to dispute this, I'd say X1 had a much larger multi-player community on average than PS4. Maybe it's just my perception, but I see it the same way you do.

I don't think it is good or bad. Just a point of differentiation between the two consoles.
I respect that you can even admit that, most won't. I only said it to rustle feathers cuz I like both consoles a lot. NT PS4 Destiny made me think otherwise about PS and multiplaying, them dudes is serious, they literally run that thread lol.

But keep The Order jokes coming, they are funny. Xbox hasn't had a breakthrough exlcusive as we know so not being a fanboy. Some of the exclusive have been good but nothing groundbreaking. This gen is just taking A WHILE to pick up.

I think PS has huge potential however, it just needs a breakthrough exclusive like Halo was to drive MP. the features are there, that Shareplay is pretty dope.

I wonder the The Order's development team are thinking right now.

I don't think they're going to fold. Obviously they're not cashing any bonus checks but given the amount of time they spent on the engine I see them cranking out a sequel or something else using it.

The engine has been universally praised. With the right creative behind the wheel they should bounce back in two or three years with something.

Planned on copping 1886 to play this weekend and saw the reviews I guess I'll pass for now I'll come
Back and get it when it drops to $20

Reading the reviews, game was bashed heavy :wow:

Price drop will happen quick.

Last edited:
im looking for the next fight night. next fallout. next great skateboarding game. im heartbroken by the order's suckiness. unforgiveable

I respect that you can even admit that, most won't. I only said it to rustle feathers cuz I like both consoles a lot. NT PS4 Destiny made me think otherwise about PS and multiplaying, them dudes is serious, they literally run that thread lol.

But keep The Order jokes coming, they are funny. Xbox hasn't had a breakthrough exlcusive as we know so not being a fanboy. Some of the exclusive have been good but nothing groundbreaking. This gen is just taking A WHILE to pick up.
laugh.gif
nthat.gif

Xbox definitely had the head start on party chats and the social aspect with gaming. I remember when I had my 360 and Ps3, that I could play CoD on 360 and talk to randoms in every lobby. I would go play on PS3 and might talk to people every few games. Most didn't even have a mic turned on. Them allowing cross-talk parties in different games has helped.

I think PS has huge potential however, it just needs a breakthrough exclusive like Halo was to drive MP. the features are there, that Shareplay is pretty dope.

Is there anything to back this up though? Like, what are the player counts for stuff like COD, BF, Destiny, GTA, etc? It brings out a ton of butthurt when I mention it in the xbone thread, but if there are nearly 2x more PS4's out in the wild than xbones, how could the MP community be larger for xbone? It just doesn't make sense. Are the SP only PS4 games moving a bunch of PS4's? Not that I can tell.

I'm just asking for some evidence.

MP community was absolutely larger for xbox in past generations...2 factors: xbox live trial subscriptions made them a first-mover in getting players online and cheaper console ultimately lead to a larger install base.

PS4 is cheaper this time around, so I imagine we'll see a reversal.

You already know!!! :nthat:

I have never used a fighting stick in my life.

I could not tell you.

People say they are better (and I am not saying that they aren't) but I smoke high level cats all the time :nerd:

Granted, I only play MK and Injustice. I can't mess with fighters that have the rotation commands. So the joystick pads are probably much better for those.

It's crazy how The Order has supplanted Destiny as the worse game on PS4, literally in less than 24 hours, even tho it hasn't even been released yet. :smh:

It's black and white with gamers, no gray area at all.

I am not saying it is the best game ever but damn :lol:

And especially if we are talking about games being worth $60 :nerd:

Yeah, and a game that's not even out is the worst PS4 game?

Have we already forgotten about knack?

Back
Top Bottom