The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

:lol: Oh trust me... I learned my lesson from last gen about judging how a game is gonna look based off of a trailer,but the trailer still looked really good.

Assassin's Creed 4 trailer leaked.

Oh lawd.
sick.gif

I hope it's not that cgi stuff that the usually have.

Smart thinking by Capcom. Learn all there is to learn about the PS4 with Deep Down and use the knowledge to fine tune the next gen Res Evil and Street Fighter
Just go back to the RE roots. Bring back the zombies.

Make us forget about 5 & 6, especially 6.
Just go play the OG REs on PS1.

RE has changed for the better.

RE5/RE6 are great games.

They're two of few games that make me want to complete most of of the unlockables.

I just played og resident evil in the summer. I still aint beat it but i loved the experience wayyyyy more than the new ones

Had to restart twice. Chris campaign is ridiiiiculous

Last edited:
Im loving the assassin creed trailer, but do anyone know when Fallout 4 coming out, and not that online crap

Damn.. I'm not feeling those UI screens at all...

yeah, theyre bush. remind me of the new ps store....just tryin to selll u more useless crap

Im loving the assassin creed trailer, but do anyone know when Fallout 4 coming out, and not that online crap

man o man, whenver it drops it wont be soon enough. my guess summer 2014 to early '15.

u know its goin down in beantown right?? fenway, cambridge, salem mass (hopefully). sweet jesus its going to be te bomb (pun intended).

doubt itll dethrone 3, but at least it has a fighting chance. 3 dog is back from what i hear.

my SOUL is ready (to fight the good fight)

bethesda if u dont include wubin (woburn) mass in fo 4 ur absolutely losing in life. its greater than nysleaze, boston, jerusalem, mecca, guatemala city, anywhere. deal w. it.

the wu.

walkiz pond.

theres some amazing creative forces at work.

Last edited:
The best selling games right now are in the action/adventure genre.
Capcom transitioned the series from being survival horror to action/adventure.
Thereby, making it more accessible to a wider audience.

I agree with this because I only beat RE2 but now that they switched it up I've beat 5 and 6.

First they are not wack games especially RE5 that was a really good game. I don't think RE6 was as good as 5 but it was still a good game.

I see where the loyal fans are coming from. They aren't the same games. And I understand that stance. But just because they aren't like before don't automatically wack.

so i was just reading about how playstation mobile games can go 30 days without an internet connection before needing you to reconnect to authenticate

possible similarity with the ps4
nerd.gif

Even though I dont like him, I see his point of view and dont necessarily disagree.

However...

I find it funny he needed to get out of the industry but feels compelled to constantly talk about it.

Its not my fault, as a consumer, how EA chooses to pay their employees. So dont tell me what they are doing is so the little guy can feed his family. A company that's selling games in record numbers should be able to support it's employees comfortably. Or, they go out of business. Just like how we should vote with our dollars; its all part of Free-Enterprise.

He confronts an argument built on morality (nickle and diming people for content that used to be part of a game is morally grey) with, "It's a business". Then, gives the public a moral argument (you shouldnt buy used games, the developer doesnt see any money or the staff needs to support their families) and expects us to take that at face value, when in fact, his response answers his own damn argument: ITS A BUSINESS.

If a supplier is offering me a product at a discounted rate and you dont like it, go to the supplier and complain, not the consumer for taking advantage of it. And dont bring morals into the conversation in one spectrum than chastise the consumer for expecting it in another.
Agreed.

Furthermore, hybrid, you guys are so against used games because it supposedly takes off of your plate, but in doing so you're effectively cutting out the market that can't afford to drop 60 every time a new game comes out; lower middle class and low class people. My local Gamestop is filled with these people and through used games is how they get to experience gaming. Also, with this you're effectively closing shop on brick and mortar locations. They make their money from accessories and used games. If the digital market wasn't so big, I would like to see them stand up to you guys by not carrying the systems that don't allow used games to be played.

With that said, I am looking forward to the PS4. Going to be odd seeing that the PS3 has a ton of life yet, way more than the PS2 had.

laugh.gif
at EA thinking that people enjoy micro-transactions. I don't purchase any of them. If its not included in the original game, then nope. That goes for on disc DLC too.

Last edited:

Regardless, it doesn't make the series better. RE is and will always be about survival horror. They tried bringing it to new genres with Operation Racoon City and it bombed. 5 & 6 weren't horrible, but were disappointing, especially 6. Of course, when k mean disappointing, I'm comparing those games to RE1 - 4, which are way better and are the most popular.

Hopefully, Revelations will be great, which is survival horror.

Thankfully, RE is going back to their roots and a possible reboot - http://www.google.com/url?q=http://...MQFjAH&usg=AFQjCNGUaixiLQ1k93tcVojHRQnOqM02MQ

A reboot would be nice. Hopefully that'll mean no more co-op. Single-player survival horror RE = :pimp:

Last edited:
I can't wait for PS4. Will we have to make new PSN's when the system drops? I hope not. I'm also interested in how this streaming PS3 games (Gikai service) will work since the last "New" PS3 game ill be buying this Gen will probably be Tomb Raider..

They're running out of ideas... First launch on PS3 then PS4 when it comes out. I guess I'll wait for the PS4 version.

Saw the TV spot for AC:BF last night and it looks dope. I've only played AC1, so ima pick this up. (For PS4 of course)

Regardless, it doesn't make the series better. RE is and will always be about survival horror. They tried bringing it to new genres with Operation Racoon City and it bombed. 5 & 6 weren't horrible, but were disappointing, especially 6. Of course, when k mean disappointing, I'm comparing those games to RE1 - 4, which are way better and are the most popular.

Hopefully, Revelations will be great, which is survival horror.

Thankfully, RE is going back to their roots and a possible reboot - http://www.google.com/url?q=http://...MQFjAH&usg=AFQjCNGUaixiLQ1k93tcVojHRQnOqM02MQ
I didn't say that it made the series better. I said that it made the series more accessible to a wider audience. Capcom doesn't believe that since they've made their recent REs into action games. The action oriented RE games have been quite successful so I think that we'll be seeing more of it. RE 5/6 is only disappointing to people who wanted survival horror, which I didn't.

Why don't you compare RE6 to games that are actually in the same genre? I don't see how saying that a game is better because it's in a genre that you prefer over another. That's just straight up bias.

Back
Top Bottom