The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

PS4 Vs Xbox One: AMD Retracts Performance Comparison

AMD move to retract comments about an alleged performance gap between the PS4 and Xbox One.

Published on Aug 22, 2013
Speaking at Gamescom, AMDs senior product marketing manager, Marc Diana, recently stated that the way in which the PS4 is constructed would allow the console to outperform the Xbox One.

AMD have now moved to retract those comments, releasing the following statement.

"During a recent Gamescom 2013 interview, an AMD spokesperson made inaccurate statements regarding the details of our semi-custom APU architectures.

"AMD will not comment on the Microsoft Xbox One and Sony PS4 memory architectures and will not speak for Microsoft, Sony or other AMD customers."

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/2052820/ps4_vs_xbox_one_amd_retracts_performance_comparison.html

M$ started doing this to AMD so they would retract that statement:

View media item 550057

MS didn't have to spend a dime for AMD to retract that.

MS could make AMD's life a living hell without spending a dime. **** they could even make money doing it

AMD execs probably called and apologized for that

Last edited:

MS could make AMD's life a living hell without spending a dime. **** they could even make money doing it

:lol:

Yeah like they haven't thrown $$$ for all that time exclusive content stuff with all of the big 3rd party devs (EA, Ubisoft, Activision) which is nothing new and they've been doing it since the OG Xbox and thought they we're going to significantly out sell the PS3 when the then Microsoft President for XBOX Peter Moore showed up to E3 2005 with a GTA IV tattoo on his arm bragging about their timed exclusive deal for GTA IV DLC content.

Bottom line is nothing has really changed with Microsoft and their WEAK 1st party studios which is why they continue to throw tons of $$$ at the big 3rd party game devs for timed exclusive stuff.

Last edited:

What can they do to AMD?

Sue for telling the truth.

-Not hire them for the their next console. Hundreds of millions lost for AMD

-Partner with Nvdivia to make sure DirectX performance is better on their cards. Which would be a death blow

-Optimize Windows for Intel and Nvdivia components

-Recommend OEM not use AMD parts

A lot.

I was wondering which was the better system.. Didn't matter tho, im loyal to Sony/Playstation.. I've never even touched a Xbox product

:lol:

Yeah like they haven't thrown $$$ for all that time exclusive content stuff with all of the big 3rd party devs (EA, Ubisoft, Activision) which is nothing new and they've been doing it since the OG Xbox and thought they we're going to significantly out sell the PS3 when the then Microsoft President for XBOX Peter Moore showed up to E3 2005 with a GTA IV tattoo on his arm bragging about their timed exclusive deal for GTA IV DLC content.

Bottom line is nothing has really changed with Microsoft and their WEAK 1st party studios which is why they continue to throw tons of $$$ at the big 3rd party game devs for timed exclusive stuff.

They never thought they were going to significant outsell the PS3, GFTO, you making **** up. There goal with 360 was when parity in the market with Sony. Then become the leader in their up coming generation.

Weak first party :lol:. Surrrrrre, kept living in that dream world because if reality hit you is that right now it is looking like the One has a much, much, better line up of games.

The problem with the whole AMD thing was that an actual AMD employee came out and made the statement favoring the PS4. Even though it's true (and any third party developer will confirm it is) it's not proper business etiquette to **** on someone who is a client even if you are working with their competitor. There was no "good PR" in Diana stating that. All it did was piss Microsoft off and piss off the internal architecture team that worked on the chipset and APU.

I know how this goes first hand since years back, I **** all over the Wii publicly on this board and to someone in the media. I wasn't working on a Wii project but other people in my studio were. PR/HR caught wind of it and I almost lost my job. It was a professionally humbling experience. I'm sure Mr. Diana won't be saying anything, anywhere, anymore unless it's an apology.

The main thing is you just can't **** where you eat and you wouldn't go to your girlfriends' parents' place and take a dump in their living room. Even if their living room is cluttered with garbage.

They never thought they were going to significant outsell the PS3, GFTO, you making **** up. There goal with 360 was when parity in the market with Sony. Then become the leader in their up coming generation.

Weak first party :lol:. Surrrrrre, kept living in that dream world because if reality hit you is that right now it is looking like the One has a much, much, better line up of games.

Better exclusive line up with what?

-A half assed Killer Instinct game that's not even made by Rare :lol:
-A half assed Titanfall which has no single player mode and really is only a timed exclusive game and will eventually be released on PS4 :lol:
-Or let me guess more gimmicky games exclusive for Kinect game "The Fighter Within" :lol:
-Minecraft is no longer exclusive to Microsoft consoles.

Bungie who you kept claiming on here for the longest time would NEVER go multi platform is now on PS4 with Destiny and they have said that PS4 is the lead console for that game.

Last edited:
Man that guy is a clown and will always be a clown. Just enjoy him for the laughs. :lol:

While he justifies Spending $25 for a play and charge kit in the year 2013 :lol:

Last edited:
This is entertaining.  I really wanna see what he comes up with.  Halo hasn't been brought up yet... Forza?  Kinect Sports champions?

Better exclusive line up with what?

-A half assed Killer Instinct game that's not even made by Rare :lol:
-A half assed Titanfall which has no single player mode and really is only a timed exclusive game and will eventually be released on PS4 :lol:
-Or let me guess more gimmicky games exclusive for Kinect game "The Fighter Within" :lol:
-Minecraft is no longer exclusive to Microsoft consoles.

Bungie who you kept claiming on here for the longest time would NEVER go multi platform is now on PS4 with Destiny and they have said that PS4 is the lead console for that game.

:smh:

-You played Killer Instinct B, because the only negative press it is getting is the pricing model

-Titanfall blowing everyone, left and right. And how do you know Titanfall will release on the PS4, Cboat? Ok in 2015 you can tell me how awesome the game is, something I would have known for a year

-Check online B, Kinect Sports Rivals is getting mostly positive remarks.

-Dead Rising, lets act it doesn't exist

-And Forza 5

-And that Ryse is having a good Gamescon showing

-Or Garden Warfare (you'll have to wait to play this one too), or Crimson Dragon, or Zoo Tycoon, or Quantum Break.

Or that a new Halo is coming. And the same man that says PS4 is getting Titanfall, says Balck Tusk's game looks great.

And Bungie. What I used to say was that MS had rights over Bungie future. Bungie was calling MS "their publisher" up until the Acti deal. But things change, you're right, I'm sure that Bungie who MS still has equity and had a contract for timed exclusivity for Destiny is getting completely shafted and Bungie is going to give all it's love to Sony. Makes perfect sense

The Xbox One's most anticipated title isn't even published by Microsoft Game Studios. It's published by EA. I doubt EA, a publisher who puts their games on almost every current platform imaginable, would decide to put something that could potentially be a runaway hit on one single platform. That's a lot of potential profit to leave on the table.

Titanfall looks great and would sell on the PS4. It wouldn't surprise me if Microsoft threw money at them for an exclusivity period. Respawn and EA haven't outright said Titanfall will never be on PS4. They've always danced around the question with comments about how they are focusing on the X1 for launch.

Man that guy is a clown and will always be a clown. Just enjoy him for the laughs. :lol:

While he justifies Spending $25 for a play and charge kit in the year 2013 :lol:

When did I ever say that. :smh:

This is why I, scratch that, no one can take you seriously :lol:

The Xbox One's most anticipated title isn't even published by Microsoft Game Studios. It's published by EA. I doubt EA, a publisher who puts their games on almost every current platform imaginable, would decide to put something that could potentially be a runaway hit on one single platform. That's a lot of potential profit to leave on the table.

Titanfall looks great and would sell on the PS4. It wouldn't surprise me if Microsoft threw money at them for an exclusivity period. Respawn and EA haven't outright said Titanfall will never be on PS4. They've always danced around the question with comments about how they are focusing on the X1 for launch.

Did Cod 2 ever come to PS3?

I know exactly why it never came to PS3 (I know someone who was at ATVI at the time) and without getting into specifics that issue had to do with the PS3's architecture and budget reasons. That is a non-factor with Titanfall and games this generation.

The PS3 wasn't even out when COD2 dropped. The PS3 came out, give or take, a year after that game released.

I know exactly why it never came to PS3 (I know someone who was at ATVI at the time) and without getting into specifics that issue had to do with the PS3's architecture and budget reasons. That is a non-factor with Titanfall and games this generation.

Which studio was going to port it?

Back
Top Bottom