The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

PlayStation 4 beats Xbox One as Batman tops the software chart

View media item 1631556

Batman had a strong debut. It had a huge hand in the industry’s strong comparison to last June. The game is already the second best-selling release of the year behind only Mortal Kombat X.

“Sales of Arkham Knight slightly exceeded October 2011 sales of Batman: Arkham City, which is remarkable considering the difference in hardware install bases,” said Callahan.

Arkham Knight had an especially strong showing on PlayStation 4. Sony has already said that the Batman bundle helped sell PS4 hardware, but despite this, the game still sold better on PS4 than Xbox One on this chart. That’s noteworthy because this NPD list does not include bundled games. So it sounds like Sony made a wise investment when it decided to help co-market Arkham Knight.

“If sales were included from hardware bundles, Arkham Knight is the best-selling game of 2015 so far,” said the NPD analyst.

“PlayStation 4 was the top-selling console in the United States in June due to the overwhelming popularity of the Batman: Arkham Knight PS4 bundles,” a Sony spokesperson told GamesBeat. “PlayStation 4 also led software sales in June.”

Batman: Arkham Knight was one of the biggest releases in June, and Sony had a co-marketing deal with publisher Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment that led to Sony packing the game in with new PS4s. Sony even worked with Warner Bros. on a limited edition version of the console that put Batman artwork on the case.

All of this enabled Sony to outsell Xbox One for another month.

“PS4 continues to lead console sales in the U.S. and globally,” said the company spokesperson.

http://venturebeat.com/2015/07/16/june-2015-npd-ps4-beats-xbox/
http://venturebeat.com/2015/07/16/p...-in-the-u-s-last-month-according-to-npd-data/

Batman is a beast. Dunno how it outsold Arkham City when there were far more PS3's and 360's out there.
The PS4 bundle moved a lot of units too.

Warner Bros being doing well this year.

Man, I'm loving this game. I really enjoy the pure racing aspect of it.

attachment.php

I picked up bloodboure...then returned it a few days after for batman. Like others said it gives you absolutely no direction or instructions at the start.

It was mad frustrating and I wanted to play batman anyway. Not my type of game. :lol:

I picked up bloodboure...then returned it a few days after for batman. Like others said it gives you absolutely no direction or instructions at the start.

It was mad frustrating
44 hours in.

Last boss...

It was mad frustrating and I wanted to play batman anyway. Not my type of game. :lol:

You returned it too quickly. The latest patch greatly improves the player experience.

pYpAfgh.jpg

Much better now.

Random question

I have a PSP that I keep around because I hacked it and have old games on it

The problem is in order to use it I have to keep the charger plugged iin to it

Anyone know if I just need a new battery for the PSP?

You returned it too quickly. The latest patch greatly improves the player experience.

pYpAfgh.jpg

Much better now.

Oh wow a lot of changes I'm still never finished my 3rd play through and gotta finish my dungeons. Might fire it up this weekend

Random question

I have a PSP that I keep around because I hacked it and have old games on it

The problem is in order to use it I have to keep the charger plugged iin to it

Anyone know if I just need a new battery for the PSP?

Yea sounds like the battery is dead. Good thing PSP batters are easy to replace and should be cheap.

Bloodbourne and TW3 are my favorite ps4 games so far... I Need to try Arkham Knight :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom