The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

The Taken King on PSN for $29.39 (PS+) until 6/21

To cop or not to cop :nerd:

Another rumor being reported on Neogaf, Reddit, and 4chan:

I work for french gaming magazine and IF the things I've been told are true, Sony is going to cause immense butthurt across the whole world.

They have few big japanese exclusives but they have a exclusive/timed exclusive from Rockstar.

Oh and that Spider-Man thing is real, Insomniac is developing it, original story, Sony is publishing, PS4 only, highly stylized cartoon look.

I played RDR on 360 because it was the superior experience at the time so RDR 2 and/or RDR remaster being Sony exclusive for this generation is fine with me.

Last edited:

Another rumor being reported on Neogaf, Reddit, and 4chan:

I work for french gaming magazine and IF the things I've been told are true, Sony is going to cause immense butthurt across the whole world.

They have few big japanese exclusives but they have a exclusive/timed exclusive from Rockstar.

Oh and that Spider-Man thing is real, Insomniac is developing it, original story, Sony is publishing, PS4 only, highly stylized cartoon look.
I played RDR on 360 because it was the superior experience at the time so RDR 2 and/or RDR remaster being Sony exclusive for this generation is fine with me.
Are you confirming something? 
nerd.gif

^
Just looked now. He has 100% feedback, but it is all as a "buyer". Let us all know if it works out, could be a great deal if legit.

PO

So I thought E3 was free this year, signed up, got to the last page, saw the $950 price tag and shut the laptop off :lol:

Last edited:
So I thought E3 was free this year, signed up, got to the last page, saw the $950 price tag and shut the laptop off :lol:

I thought it wasi usually around $600. Didn't know it'd gone up that much.

Need to be quicker next year when the free event ticket goes on sale.

True I am at checkout now and the shipping is killing the deal nor do I want to drive to VA for the game.

Last edited:
Sony confirms PS4 Neo - Will not be at E3

View media item 2063044
Turns out all the rumors and speculation surrounding a “high-end” PlayStation 4 were true after all. During an interview with Financial Times, President and Global Chief Executive of Sony Interactive Entertainment, Andrew House revealed that the “high-end PS4” would be more expensive than the current $350 version – no surprise there.

He then went on to say:

“It is intended to sit alongside and complement the standard PS4. We will be selling both [versions] through the life cycle.”
The new console, codenamed “Neo” as we know, is targeted towards hardcore gamers, House revealed, as well as players with 4k Televisions.

Sony is also seeking to introduce new services for consumers, such as: Vue internet TV and a PS Music partnership with the popular streaming company, Spotify.

Despite hopes that we would see the “Neo” at E3 this year, House revealed that Sony won’t unveil the console next week, after all.
“We want to ensure we have a full range of the best experiences on the new system that we can showcase in their entirety”.
One of mine, and many others main concerns were that the Neo would split the player-base and those with the original PS4 would be abandoned over time. Andrew House finally put those concerns to rest:

“All games will support the standard PS4 and we anticipate all or a very large majority of games will also support the high-end PS4″.
House also revealed that both the PlayStation Neo and the PS4 would support Sony’s upcoming PlayStation VR headset.

Another concern regarding the Neo was that it would cause problems for developers. After all, developing for both current-gen, PC and sometimes even last-gen can be quite the handful. Despite this, House offered some reassuring words. Developers should expect a “small but manageable” amount of extra work.

Finally, Andrew House assured that the new console and the upcoming PS VR headset would both be “standalone profitable at the time we launch it”. In the past, Sony has released products at a loss with the hopes that it would turn a profit in the long run.

http://gematsu.com/2016/06/sony-confirms-ps4-neo-not-e3#CmaQHEgJjecR57Dl.99
http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/06...irmed-by-sony-but-it-wont-be-at-e3-this-year/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom