The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

those who have the vr and those who plan on getting the vr id recommend that you buy all your games from the ps store

all the vr games have to be dled anyway and you don't wanna have to take the headset off and get up every time you wanna play a different game

also if you don't get car sick or get sick or dizzy from fps games you really should have no issues with vr

people who are easily sick were jumping out the window trying vr imo early on but it's really not the serious when you play it

hopefully more people in here get to play it and enjoy it soon

feel like only 3 of us here are rocking with it lol

yall are def missing out on amazing experiences

those who have the vr and those who plan on getting the vr id recommend that you buy all your games from the ps store

all the vr games have to be dled anyway and you don't wanna have to take the headset off and get up every time you wanna play a different game

also if you don't get car sick or get sick or dizzy from fps games you really should have no issues with vr

people who are easily sick were jumping out the window trying vr imo early on but it's really not the serious when you play it

hopefully more people in here get to play it and enjoy it soon

feel like only 3 of us here are rocking with it lol

yall are def missing out on amazing experiences
yea tho only reason I got mine is cuz we won one. I'd honestly advise people to wait till atleast January for resident evil to get one due to the lack of games

Last edited:
It's gonna be hard for me to shell out $400 for PSVR. I enjoyed it quite a bit but I'm just gonna think of how many games I can buy with $400 :lol:

Also now that Nintendo revealed the Switch, I'd rather cop that before PSVR.

I feel both points from yall but to pmp it's some good games coming out this coming tuesday

driveclub
eve valkyrie
battle zone
rigs
worlds
thumper
Hulu vr and the 360 vids

all solid

and the nintendo switch will be ight but if you don't travel a lot or you're not young and linking up with friends to play in a meetup spot the functionality of the console won't get utilized much

I essentially buy the new nintendos for Mario and Mario kart

Last edited:
It's gonna be hard for me to shell out $400 for PSVR. I enjoyed it quite a bit but I'm just gonna think of how many games I can buy with $400 :lol:

Also now that Nintendo revealed the Switch, I'd rather cop that before PSVR.

I'm glad i canceled my psvr pre-order.

I didn't want to be collecting dust and be useless like the vita.

I'll wait until spring, hopefully there are games by then.

Shout out to the old NT vet's rolling through the Remaster. Mo, Jason, Martin. I didn't know if you all had mics or not. Feel free to hop into our party and chat party whenever. 

My man!!! We need to get the old crew back together. Booting up that game brought tears of joy to my face. Anyone I used to run with, add me! New name, same Mo PSN: BatmanObviously

Kliq reunion?

I feel both points from yall but to pmp it's some good games coming out this coming tuesday

driveclub
eve valkyrie
battle zone
rigs
worlds
thumper
Hulu vr and the 360 vids

all solid

and the nintendo switch will be ight but if you don't travel a lot or you're not young and linking up with friends to play in a meetup spot the functionality of the console won't get utilized much

Yea games at launch isn't an issue for PS VR at all. The launch lineup is great. I'm trying to get the RIGS plat so that's all I've been playing and probably will be playing until FFXV so I'm definitely getting my moneys worth.
I still have Driveclub, Thumper, PS VR Worlds and Batman to play.

It is an amazing experience and one that you'll have to see for yourself. Hopefully more people jump on. I know there's PS pro, 4K TV's and even the Switch on people's radars so VR is not on top of the list but when these other games like RE VII and Ace Combat drops or when you can afford it, people should look out for it.

driveclub
eve valkyrie
battle zone
rigs
worlds
thumper
Hulu vr and the 360 vids

all solid

don't like drive club, need a better racer
battle zone isn't a 60 dollar game
psworld doesn't have much to do cuz the games are so short. only good thing was the London heist and that alien thing but there's no replay and again super short
rigs is aight
eve is cool

job simulator is fun for a lil

but there's not really any big titles, full games like resident evil will be. not a demonstration of vr but a game really built with vr

Yea I almost caved in a few weeks ago but thankfully nobody had them on hand when I was looking. I'm sure the experiences are amazing, but I need a library of full-featured AAAs before I get VR. Also would rather buy the switch since I haven't had a Nintendo console since the 64. I'm gonna wait that one out. Plus I already have a PC so I'll probably just get the Vive for VR.

Wow..lesson learned

I was playing Skyrim yesterday level 10...

All of a sudden..I'm a vampire..I'm like ok I'll just go back to my previous quicksave..so I hit the options button and by habit I hit quicksave again..wtf..for those that play Skyrim getting rid of vampirism is a pain in the ***

So I went back to a saved file and it was level 7..I'm making a new save after every level up now..I'm caught up..but lost hours of grinding :x
:x :x

Last edited:
Wow..lesson learned

I was playing Skyrim yesterday level 10...

All of a sudden..I'm a vampire..I'm like ok I'll just go back to my previous quicksave..so I hit the options button and by habit I hit quicksave again..wtf..for those that play Skyrim getting rid of vampirism is a pain in the ***

So I went back to a saved file and it was level 7..I'm making a new save after every level up now..I'm caught up..but lost hours of grinding :x
:x :x
being a vampire can be overpowered tho

It solidifies it for me. Jaggies and shimmering are one of the most annoying things for me with games.

It was really bad in the older builds of FFXV, especially their hair. Hopefully the pro gets rid of all of it by downsampling.

If you get a good trade in deal for the OG or have VR then it's a worthwhile IMO.

It solidifies it for me. Jaggies and shimmering are one of the most annoying things for me with games.

It was really bad in the older builds of FFXV, especially their hair. Hopefully the pro gets rid of all of it by downsampling.

If you get a good trade in deal for the OG or have VR then it's a worthwhile IMO.
has it been shown to actually help vr visually tho?

Last edited:

This what I am saying.

If there is a promo somewhere that will give me decent value for my PS4 I will be there.

I am definitely not gonna force anything though.

The trade in deal is what will determine the purchase for me. If I can get this for about $250, then I'll jump on it.

My biggest fear is the Pro's life cycle. I imagine that the PS5 is a few years away though.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/11/07/ps4-pro-review

The PS4 Pro is a premium-looking machine that offers a lot of extra power for developers to exploit. But right now, even on a big and brilliant 4K screen, the differences are often not stark enough to make standard PS4 owners jealous. What’s worse, there’s simply no way to reliably know what enhancements you’ll have to choose from, which is a big problem for prospective buyers who understandably want to know what kind of enhancements to expect before they take the plunge. The PS4 Pro has the raw power to potentially deliver greatly enhanced graphics, and in time, with more support, it will likely do just that, but right now, it’s just too much of a crap shoot.

8.5/10
GREAT
Powerful and premium-feeling, the PS4 Pro has a lot of potential, but needs more uniform support to truly shine.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom