The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

I am feeling like it is going to be a while before I get the pro
There's just not enough to justify getting it imo. I feel like PS5 will be announced next year or 2019 and released that same year. I'm fine with my OG 4. I can't even demo the Pro so I'm not aware of what I'm missing out on :lol:

Word I can't rationalize spending on the pro. Rather buy the switch.
I felt the same way but I also canceled my Switch preorder. I couldn't secure a pro controller and I decided I wasn't a big enough Zelda fan to justify a $300+ purchase for that one game. I'll be in once we get Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

FFXV, Ratchet & Clank and Horizon Zero Dawn alone make the pro worth it.

Then there's VR too.

Not to take anything from the OG PS4. I still coldn't believe what I was seeing in DRIVECLUB and Uncharted 4.

Just curious.

Am I the only person who gets low key salty when I say something dope and I don't get reps?

Y'all are rude as hell :lol:

I stay giving reps :pimp:

:rofl:

Last edited:
I've no doubt that those games look better but I need substantial upgrades. I would've just preferred Sony to allow devs to utilize the Pro's full power and let them do what they want. Even if that meant exclusive features or even exclusive games to the Pro. I understand a lot of early adopters would've been pissed but that's a risk I would've took.

That's unfortunate. It looked like The Division minus the co-op aspect, at least that's the vibe I got from it. I hadn't really followed it too much.
Nah, definitely very different from The Division.  This is much more tactical in how you set up your team to execute a kill.  In The Division, you need to empty a full mag to take down a guy, while for this, a double-tap will usually do the trick.  I'm getting a "tactical GTA" vibe... cuz of the bigass map. 

I've no doubt that those games look better but I need substantial upgrades. I would've just preferred Sony to allow devs to utilize the Pro's full power and let them do what they want. Even if that meant exclusive features or even exclusive games to the Pro. I understand a lot of early adopters would've been pissed but that's a risk I would've took.

Only thing I saw before and after with the OG PS4 and pro are VR games and there's a big difference in image quality.
FFXV looked gorgeous though with HDR and higher res.

You can't split the user base like that. PS4 just reached 57 million. Developing for pro only means leaving loads of money on the table.
Doing that sounds like something 2013 MS would do.

If I had a really nice 4K UHD set I would most likely grab a pro... but I don't lol

Update 4.50 adds "Boost Mode" to PS4 Pro

View media item 2321363
Leaks from the closed beta (via NeoGAF) also reveal a “Boost Mode” for PlayStation 4 Pro systems: “Experience improved gameplay, including higher frame rates, for some games that were released before the introduction of PS4 Pro (CUH-7000 series). Turn this off if you experience unexpected behavior during gameplay.”

View media item 2321339

Sony will officially reveal more features, as well as the launch timing of the update, in the weeks to come.
http://gematsu.com/2017/02/ps4-upda...-support-custom-wallpapers-ps4-pro-boost-mode

Someone in the beta tried it with Evil Within apparently and the framerate is a lot better.
Going to wait for some Digital Foundry tests but big news if it works well with the older games not getting patched for pro.

ZuX1JQc.gif

8vCRDQY.gif

Last edited:
I get what you're saying D Double D Double and it makes sense. That's why I'm fine with waiting for PS5. I don't want to drop $400 just to do it again in a couple years.

There was also something tweeted out by either Tidux or Shinobi that there was a stat/trophy tracking system being worked on. For those who have Xbox One, it's similar to that. Example, it'll show that you have 5/10 kills required for said trophy. That's really what I'm looking forward to.

I just realized the deluxe edition of Nioh is digital only smh. Was just about to put my preorder in. Guess I'll go with the standard.

Back
Top Bottom