The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Oh ok :lol:

Well I do dominate in COD. I don't see a reason I wouldn't be able to do the same in Battlefield. [emoji]128526[/emoji]

URL]

Last edited:
New Need for Speed Announced for Xbox One, PS4
Also coming to current generation machines this November.
by Luke Reilly MAY 23, 2013

EA has announced Need for Speed Rivals for current generation platforms as well as Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The game is being developed by Swedish-based Ghost Games (formerly EA Gothenburg) in collaboration with current franchise stewards Criterion Games.

Running on Frostbite 3, Need for Speed Rivals sounds very much in sync with the cops versus racers shtick Criterion has found success with since its own reboot of Need for Speed Hot Pursuit back in 2010.

At the core of Need for Speed Rivals, however, is something Ghost Games is dubbing AllDrive. AllDrive is a feature that will allow gamers to seamlessly transition from playing alone to playing with friends, removing the distinction between single-player and multiplayer. Even while playing through the game’s single-player progression, players and their friends can come across one another and instantly become part of each other’s game.

The announcement also goes on to outline several other features, including upgradeable gadgets for both cops and racers, the return of Autolog, personalisation options (including custom license plates, liveries, decals and rims, plus performance upgrades) and “next-generation detail and weather effects.”

Ghost Games also declared that Need for Speed Rivals will see the return of Ferrari to the Need for Speed franchise for the first time in seven years, citing the new F12berlinetta as one of the Fezzas that will feature.

You may need to just imagine the other 80% of it, however.

Need for Speed Rivals will hit current generation platforms on November 19, 2013. The Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions are promised “later this year.” There's also a PC version in the works.

It was revealed in October 2012 that Ghost Games was hiring for a Need for Speed game.

Super Stardust Spiritual Successor Coming to PlayStation 4
Housemarque is also working on another, unannounced project for Sony.
by Luke Karmali MAY 23, 2013

Housemarque has announced it's creating a spiritual successor to the Super Stardust franchise, exclusively for the PlayStation 4.

The developer, which has also created titles like Dead Nation and Outland, revealed that while the game didn't have a title as yet, it'd be available exclusively on Sony's next-gen console.

CEO Ilari Kuittinen said, "We are super excited to be working on Sony’s next-gen hardware. The platform’s performances are enabling us to do things that wouldn’t be possible otherwise and we truly believe that better technology can lead to better gameplay. The more tools and resources we have at our disposal, the better.

"Think of Super Stardust HD: at the time, PlayStation 3 gave us the opportunity to populate the game with thousands of interactive objects and implement the game’s famous ‘spherical gameplay’. Today, we can take advantage of the architecture of PlayStation 4 to create incredible visuals with direct impact on the way the new game feels."

The company has also announced its working on a second project, again exclusively for the PS4, though no further details were revealed. More information on both games is due to be released in the coming months.

"My concern here is, I hope that the PS4 isn't hampered by the weaker Xbox One. Like they just build a game for the Xbox One call it a day and bring a weak port over to the PS4. Does it work that way? Honest question.

I just still feel a little burned that I chose the PS3 since it was the stronger system, but I ended up getting NBA 2k13 and Madden not being as smooth as its Xbox 360 counterpart. They say it had alot to do with the PS3 being hard for Devs and that the PS4 is more Dev-friendly. But only time will tell."
This is very possible due to the Xbox 360 lead in consoles growth, it could easily translate over to the next gen. Hopefully it is NOT, and in Sony favor they hope it's not either.
Sounds like this generation of consoles.  which is why PS3 exclusives are >> 360 exclusives, but multiplatform games are always better on 360, better in terms of gameplay quality 

Last edited:
I have a few questions and i know there are a few of you guys ghat know about the specs the specsPS4 & XBO will have.

I read that the PS4 games will run at 60 FPS and XBO will run at 30 FPS. Assuming that this is indeed true, how big of a difference does it make? Could you give an example?

I have a few questions and i know there are a few of you guys ghat know about the specs the specsPS4 & XBO will have.

I read that the PS4 games will run at 60 FPS and XBO will run at 30 FPS. Assuming that this is indeed true, how big of a difference does it make? Could you give an example?

It's not a console specific issue. It's a developer issue. Depending on what the developer wants games will run at 30fps or 60fps on both systems.

60fps looks and feels much smoother than 30fps. The challenge is to make sure that a game stay locked at 60fps without significantly dipping below. Many people mistake frame rate dips for lag. You can feel this in games where there is a lot of scenario happening on screen and you feel your turning speed or in game actions "slow down". A lot of people also are mistaken when they think jankey animations are caused by a lower frame rate. This is just not the case.

Some developers feel that the increased smoothness isn't needed and would rather use the power needed to get to 60fps for thing like better physics, particle effects, more enemies or objects on screen etc. There are some games that are better served without the power going into 60fps like puzzle games or adventure games. Then there are some games that are pretty much essential like online first person shooters or time sensitive action games like DmC. Please see the video below for an example:

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/7hwwq5/dmc--devil-may-cry-60fps-comparison

So like I said it's not based on the console makers, it all comes down to what the creative or technical director wants. In this current generation I believe that all games can run at a locked 30fps which is still not that case on PS3 and 360. I am a HUGE proponent that CONSISTENT LOCKED fps should be the backbone of any optimization but other people feel that better textures, a higher poly count, or more stuff on screen, gets their vision across better.

Does Sony have a similar deal on Destiny as Microsoft with COD? If so, how do the creators of Dust 514 feel?

Last edited:
Does Sony have a similar deal on Destiny as Microsoft with COD? If so, how do the creators of Dust 514 feel?

Who? :lol:

If Bungie wants to show your console love, you let em. Dust 514 creators don't have a fraction of clout Bungie does.

Who? :lol:

If Bungie wants to show your console love, you let em. Dust 514 creators don't have a fraction of clout Bungie does.

I was thinking more along the lines of Sony approaching Bungie and offered a monetary sum so that they could use their platform to show off the game. Similar to how Microsoft does with the Call of Duty franchise.

Rumour: Resident Evil 7 unveiling at E3, Leaked Poster Revealed

URL]

URL]

Resident Evil 7 could be revealed at E3 next month, as suggested by a promotional poster that has leaked online. Treat this one 100% as rumour though. You have been cautioned.

This post on Boxden suggests that the image was intended to be kept under wraps for some time, but how they got a hold of this is anyone’s guess.

But of course, we all know that anyone with Photoshop skills can whip together a semi-convincing piece of art in no time, so again, treat this as rumour for now.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/05/20/resident-evil-7-poster-points-to-e3-2013-reveal-rumour/

capcom needs to release RE4 for PS4 and Xbox1.  

Resident Evil 4, the game on every console since the gamecube.

I've been strictly an Xbox guy since the N64 and I'm leaning towards switching sides and going with the PS4.    I think the only thing that can bring me back to Xbox is if they come up with some boxing games for the Kinect. 

capcom needs to release RE4 for PS4 and Xbox1.  

Resident Evil 4, the game on every console since the gamecube.

RE 1, 2, 3 & 4 would be amazing on XBO & PS4.

RE: Revelations came out this past tuesday on PS3/XB360 to really good reviews.

Back
Top Bottom