The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

I've thought about the PS4 almost every.single.day since the conference in February. I need help buy I don't want it, lol

Watch E3 so you won't have conflict in your mind.

View media item 428747

Lmao man this thread fuels my want. I'm literally putting money aside every week for this and a new LED 120hz TV, lol.. This is going to be a great Christmas year for me.

Bungie Lays Down the Law in New Destiny Trailer, First PS4 Footage at E3

URL]

With publishing giant Activision providing the marketing push behind Bungie's upcoming Destiny, it comes as no surprise that every piece of exposure from here on in is going to have some considerable clout behind it. The game's latest trailer is a mix of live action and CGI, starting off with a father telling his son about "the law of the jungle". It then cuts to three characters taking on whole armies of aliens with their favourite guns.

Fortunately, for those eager to see gameplay, the short trailer ends with a message revealing that our first glimpse of in-game footage will be at Sony's E3 press conference on 10th June. There's also a nice big PlayStation 4 logo slapped onto the end, too. Do you think that the platform holder's decision to nab exclusive content for Destiny was a good one?

Here's the trailer - http://www.google.com/url?q=http://...twIwAQ&usg=AFQjCNEcqzztp24DnnZweh0GifI2OYvhHw

Source - http://www.google.com/url?q=http://...wQFjAB&usg=AFQjCNHik8d1rC6B7ppjbd3CTRBF1rBgrw

I took this from GAF but it's good to know where we stand before E3.

37 confirmed games
damn so are they gonna be releasing more games then the XboxOne this fall?   I'm pretty much sold on the PS4 and I've always went with Xbox. 

Out of all those games, Deep Down is my fav... the lighting in that game looked AMAZING. The animation and character design looked beyond even what Pixar has done. Capcom is NOT playing around this gen.

I think we can all agree that the next generation belongs to Sony. I predict a run similar to their PS1/PS2 blitzkrieg that caught Nintendo slipping. PS4 is copped day one, no matter what. The only cons I can think of at the moment are Gran Turismo 6 not being a launch game, and although I understand the reasoning behind not making the PS4 backwards compatible, it sucks because I've built up a pretty impressive PS3 library. Ah well.

[h1]Twitter Rises Up In Protest Over The PS4's Rumored Used Games DRM[/h1]
Yesterday, GameTrailers TV host Geoff Keighley said that, according to his sources, the PlayStation 4 will employ some form of digital rights management when dealing with used games. Twitter's gamer community took it upon themselves to show Sony how bad an idea this is.

Spurred by Keighley's words, numerous gamers on Twitter are currently bombarding Sony with messages about the PS4's supposed used games DRM. The campaign was started by NeoGAF user famousmortimer who, in a forum thread, asked people to tweet several key Sony personnel, among them Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida, about their displeasure.

"The gist of it is that Sony is listening to the backlash that Microsoft is getting and they are basing decisions off of this," wrote famousmortimer. He went on to request fellow forumgoers to respectfully voice their concern, to "help give a little more momentum to something Sony seems to be leaning towards already."

And that is exactly what happened. Some asked Sony not to go down the same route Microsoft did, referring to their decision to implement an activation fee for used games:

ku-xlarge.png

While others tried a more emotional approach:

ku-xlarge.png

Sony has yet to comment on the issue, and we will update you should they do. All we know is that the people have spoken: no DRM, no restrictions.

#PS4NoDRM [Twitter]

#PS4USEDGAMES [Twitter]

Is Sony listening? Let them know... #PS4NoDRM #PS4USEDGAMES [NeoGAF]

I think we can all agree that the next generation belongs to Sony. I predict a run similar to their PS1/PS2 blitzkrieg that caught Nintendo slipping. PS4 is copped day one, no matter what. The only cons I can think of at the moment are Gran Turismo 6 not being a launch game, and although I understand the reasoning behind not making the PS4 backwards compatible, it sucks because I've built up a pretty impressive PS3 library. Ah well.

GT6 may not be a launch title but Drive Club may be.

Out of all those games, Deep Down is my fav... the lighting in that game looked AMAZING. The animation and character design looked beyond even what Pixar has done. Capcom is NOT playing around this gen.

This. Anyone has anymore info/images, please post them.

Lords Fallen looks like a Shadow Of The Colossus sequel.

idk man im a get a ps4 but there doesnt really seem like anything that makes me say im a get this day 1

idk man im a get a ps4 but there doesnt really seem like anything that makes me say im a get this day 1

Fam, wait until atleast E3.
it just seems like a lot of this stuff will be available on ps3 though and if gameplay is the same then whats the point of getting a ps4 day 1 unless u get an extra year free with ps+ buy upgrading

Last edited:
Sony Employees Respond to 'PS4 No DRM' Campaign

URL]

Following the concerns around used games on Xbox One and unsubstantiated rumours from GameTrailer's Geoff Keighley that Sony might impose a DRM scheme to prevent the use of trade-ins on PS4 the No PS4 DRM Twitter campaign, which kicked off with a NeoGAF forum post, has been acknowledged by several key Sony employees.

John Koller, the head of Sony Hardware Marketing commented:

This is why I love PlayStation fans- the passion bucket overflows #playstation

— John Koller (@jpkoller) May 27, 2013

While Nick Accordino, an SCEA producer, added:

Humbled by the outpouring of passionate PlayStation fans and their willingness to talk to us directly. Please know that we hear you.

I wish idiots would just realize that this isn't a MS or Sony implemented system . This is from the developers / publishers so they can make more money. MS and Sony are just taking the heat being the fall guys

Back
Top Bottom