The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

better hurry up panasonic is leaving the plasma game

They are stopping production of plasma's by next spring, but will still support them and sell what inventory they have.

Panasonic & Sony are the 2 main company's leading the way for OLED TV's.

If you cant swing the VT series, go for an S60/S64 if youre thinking of gaming on the Plasma. I have an ST60 and the lag is faint but noticeable. Otherwise.. its the best TV I've ever seen in a home.

Is 60hz or 120hz ideal for gaming?
Does the refresh rate REALLY matter?
I've been gaming on an lg LCD for years and I haven't experienced "lag."

mean.gif
so today i brought the results in of the first 150 responses to my survey. she didnt believe the numbers were legitimate. i had to literally pull up everywhere i posted the link including our schools main student center AND gaming club and showed her who did what. Shes still having a hard time believing me. I'll put it like this, thus far... 97.4% of those who took the survey prefer the ps4 over the xbox1. now i have to change our focus point to include reasons for the possible huge offset of numbers.

my #1 reason will be "many xbox one users are dissatisfied with their system of choice, causing them to be less vocal about how they actually feel towards their future purchase."  NT translation: xbox1-ers are salty cuz they know the ps4 is better but are choosing to stay on the sinking ship anyways. sounds like marriage.

better hurry up panasonic is leaving the plasma game

DAMN i didnt know about this... :smh:

Luckily, I already have two Panny Plasmas in the house but they're not the top models. Was hoping to upgrade to one of their top 3D plasmas in a year or two. Hope OLED becomes affordable soon. LEDs are trash

Last edited:
Whats an ideal refresh rate if I want to buy a new TV for my PS4?

Games only run at 60fps max so 60Hz is fine for just games but get at least 120hz for normal TV. Most TV's have a game mode which only runs at 60 Hz since anything else can cause problems.

Is 60hz or 120hz ideal for gaming?
Does the refresh rate REALLY matter?
I've been gaming on an lg LCD for years and I haven't experienced "lag."

Refresh rate is different to input lag.

What is Input Lag: The Breakdown

When playing video games (or even using the computer), input lag can be a hindrance and can affect how these tasks are performed. This phenomenon started to get a lot of press when the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 came out in 2005/2006, due to these systems pushing the HDTV adoption rate in the common home. Consumers were happy with the increase in picture quality and resolution they were receiving from these televisions, but it came at a price known as input lag. Still to this day, a lot of people don’t realize its there and how it can affect your enjoyment in these applications.

What is input lag?
Quite simply, its the delay between a button press on your controller and what results on the display. The amount of delay varies between different displays (and is one of the reasons this website was founded, to fight this ignorance), and it can be very hard to detect without lots of experience. Its also something that wasn’t easy to measure, due to the complications of old methods. Thankfully, we have a new method that simplifies this process.

Rest of the article is here:

http://www.displaylag.com/what-is-input-lag-the-breakdown/

They also have a database to compare different TV sets.

http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/

The best for gaming according to them.

Sony KDL-55W900A

Sony-KDL-55W900A.png

Without a doubt, the Sony W900A is my favorite HDTV of 2013. Not only does it feature a blistering fast 19ms input lag rating (which qualifies under our highest excellent rating), but it is also one of the best HDTVs you can buy when it comes to picture quality. This 1080p HDTV features a native 240hz panel with Motionflow Impulse capabilities. Impulse allows you to switch the HDTV to a strobing backlight, dramatically reducing motion blur that is commonly associated with LED HDTVs. While it will dim your picture, it’s an excellent option for Sony to include into their HDTV, as some people absolutely despise motion blur. The W900A also features local dimming to increase contrast ratios by dimming the backlight on dark parts of the screen, a feature that’s standard on higher end HDTVs. Expect deep, vivid colors and contrast that is far better than most other LED HDTVs, comparable to some of the top plasma HDTVs in the price range. It fully supports 3D content via its active 3D display, as well as 4 HDMI ports, a luxury that is diminishing in HDTVs as time progresses. Make no mistake, this HDTV will be an absolute joy to play on. Are you a serious Call of Duty player that must have excellent input response to frag instantaneously? Buy this TV. Do you enjoy playing fighting games like Street Fighter with your friends offline and tired of laggy big screen HDTVs? Buy this TV. The only downsides to this HDTV are its limited Smart TV functions, and that it only comes in a 55-inch size. I really wish the W900A series came in a larger size around 60-65″, as it would make it the ultimate gamer’s HDTV for years to come. Chances are, if you’re buying this HDTV, the Smart TV functions don’t matter anyway, because you already have a PS3/Xbox 360, and are about to invest in a PS4/Xbox One this fall. The W900A can be found for as much as 30% off on Amazon. Don’t forget to check out its glowing reviews!

http://www.displaylag.com/the-best-hdtvs-for-gaming-in-2013-part-2/

Got that text from GS about 2k14... I want to fold and cop but there's no point since I can't play it :lol: waiting on the Target deal too :pimp:

Gonna get 2k, killzone.. but still contemplating the third game.

Is need for speed any good still? Last one I played sucked it came out like 2 years ago for ps3.

Think I may go with fifa, but then again I don't see myself playing fifa much.

Any suggestions for a third game?

Is need for speed any good still? Last one I played sucked it came out like 2 years ago for ps3.

Need For Speed Rivals or Knack.

Get Need for Speed.

Hot Pursuit and Most Wanted were both good.

Lol at input lag on modern LCDs.

We are talking milliseconds here man.

Some TVs do process the image before displaying which create a delay or audio sync issues but those TVs also have a "gaming mode" where it doesnt process the image.

Back
Top Bottom