The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

I wanna play final fantasy 8.
One of the few Final Fantasy that I own but have yet to beat
mean.gif
 I made to the 4th disc and stopped for whatever reason. I always felt that it was a downgrade in terms of graphics compared to FF 7

Yea.... FFVII was jagged everywhere. They had just gotten the 3D character models down. FFVIII was amazing for its time.

Downgrade in graphics?
I worded that wrong. Overall I didn't like how they made the characters "life" size, it seemed that there faces were not as clear as what I remember from FF 7. It could honestly be just me.

One of the few Final Fantasy that I own but have yet to beat :smh:  I made to the 4th disc and stopped for whatever reason. I always felt that it was a downgrade in terms of graphics compared to FF 7
I had the game and had gotten up to the part where you had to separate the group in two and go to some prison or factory. The data had got corrupted and I stopped playing it. I still have my ps1 and disc 2 though lol. I wonder if there is a ps1 emulator for android

Yea.... FFVII was jagged everywhere. They had just gotten the 3D character models down. FFVIII was amazing for its time.
Final Fantasy is by far my favorite series, FF VI being my favorite game of all time, it's just that I can never seem to finish FF VIII. I just wasnt use to the way magic was used, the game itself started off slow (slower than most JRPGs IMO) and the story compared to other FF titles just wasn't enough to keep me intrigued. That being said, although I never finished FF VIII, I still think it was a good game, just not one of my favorites.

I had the game and had gotten up to the part where you had to separate the group in two and go to some prison or factory. The data had got corrupted and I stopped playing it. I still have my ps1 and disc 2 though lol. I wonder if there is a ps1 emulator for android
$10 on PSN, well worth it IMO.

Kingdom Hearts 3
I still have yet to play KH 1 & 2, wiith my backlog of PS3 games dont think I will ever get around to it either. I actually had forgot about The Order and Division.

I'd definitely recommend you pick up the Kingdom Hearts HD Remakes for PS3. I never beat KH1 (I was like 11 and lost on the Tarzan level :lol:), but KH2 is one of my favorite games of all time.

FF8 :pimp: this was four discs correct? big boss couldnt see me with the lion heart override b

still have yet to play more than 10 mins on FF7 :smh:

I'd definitely recommend you pick up the Kingdom Hearts HD Remakes for PS3. I never beat KH1 (I was like 11 and lost on the Tarzan level
laugh.gif
), but KH2 is one of my favorite games of all time.
I want to but my backlog it nuts right now. Not to mention, I had a bad experience with KH on 3DS
mean.gif

Final Fantasy is by far my favorite series, FF VI being my favorite game of all time, it's just that I can never seem to finish FF VIII. I just wasnt use to the way magic was used, the game itself started off slow (slower than most JRPGs IMO) and the story compared to other FF titles just wasn't enough to keep me intrigued. That being said, although I never finished FF VIII, I still think it was a good game, just not one of my favorites.

It was the first FF game I ever played and it hooked me. I hated the way the enemies leveled with your party, because at age 14, I loved grinding levels. :lol: I remember one playthrough, this was before Ifrit even, I sat in that forest with the T-Rex just outside of Balamb Gardan for so long I was able to start finding Curaga on enemies.

Beat the game, played every other Final Fantasy I could find, and when IX came out it was a wrap. Vivi, Steiner, Zidane....That game is untouchable to me. So much so I am scared to go back and play it for fear it'll ruin how I think of it. I downloaded it on PS3 and tried for Excalibur II but it was not to be.

Last edited:
So aside from the obvious titles coming in the future (InFamous, Destiny, MSG V) what are you guys most looking forward to? Personally Im looking forward to FF XV, Uncharted, & Wolfenstein, hell I'll play any JRPG :lol:

The division. This was the first game that really made me want a PS4
Watchdogs
The Witcher 3
The Order
A new Tekken. Haven't played a Tekken on Playstation in so long. The only way it should be played IMO
A new Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat

I want to but my backlog it nuts right now.

I can relate to having a super deep PS3 backlog to work through, but make time for it son. It's good.

Not to mention, I had a bad experience with KH on 3DS :smh:

View media item 621226
That **** doesn't count, b :lol:

Only handheld KH games worth mentioning IMO are Chains of Memories for GBA and Birth By Sleep (STILL haven't played this :smh:) for PSP.

Last edited:

It was the first FF game I ever played and it hooked me. I hated the way the enemies leveled with your party, because at age 14, I loved grinding levels. :lol: I remember one playthrough, this was before Ifrit even, I sat in that forest with the T-Rex just outside of Balamb Gardan for so long I was able to start finding Curaga on enemies.

Beat the game, played every other Final Fantasy I could find, and when IX came out it was a wrap. Vivi, Steiner, Zidane....That game is untouchable to me. So much so I am scared to go back and play it for fear it'll ruin how I think of it. I downloaded it on PS3 and tried for Excalibur II but it was not to be.

FF VIII is total garbage. The only thing 8 has on any other FF is it has the best intro cut scenes of any FF period. Actually, I consider it one of the best game intros of all time.

IX is my favorite FF for numerous gameplay, story points, nostaliga within the series, and personal reasons. I did the EX2 challenge in two nights when I was 16 using a PS1 to do the FVM skip trick. I used copious amounts of sugar, caffeine, and pizza to do it :lol:

Back
Top Bottom