The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Titanfall is almost guaranteed to move a good number of consoles right?

What do you guys think will be the equivalent on the PS4? (the "I need to buy the console just for this" game")

I don't think we've seen that game yet. I believe Gran Turismo is Sony's best selling series, so that will move units, but that's probably at least 2 years out.

I think Sony has always relied on having a varied games selection, more so than a killer app.

GT7.

Not announced and probably 3 years off, but I know the GT series forced my hand when I was holding off buying a ps2, and I bought my 3 because it was supposed to drop early in 2009, ended up not coming out for another year and a half. This time I decided to pick up the system early in the running so I don't end up with the backlog of great games as I have with all the others.

infamous, uncharted

I was thinking that the new Uncharted would be the one.

I never knew Infamous was that popular.

inFamous is definitely the game we're closest to/the first game that I could see myself picking up a PS4 because of. I don't remember how big of a seller it was on the PS3, but the series has a track record of stellar games and this one only seems set to outdo the other two.

Last edited:
OK so I revised my strategies in Killzone and blew through 5 chapters.

Game is fun but the first level is beyond terrible. Could have just started from the 2nd chapter. Would have been like Metroid.

traded nearly all my ps3 games today at best buy along with one of my ps3.
it was a little painful to let all that stuff go but last gen had a great run.
looking forward to more from PS4.
can't wait for ps3 on the 4 for the games I missed (last of us, beyond two souls)
picked up the title beach xp400 but will probably return it unless I hear really good things about it.
they just need to patch it already so I can use the pulse wireless headset.
can we get an OT for ps4 ghosts?

Has Sony mentioned when they're gonna put out a patch for the Pulse Elites so that it will be compatible with the Ps4??? I can't even find the pulse elite app in the PS store

well plans fell through.. i said i was gonna grab a few beers and chill and play kz... by the time i drank the 5th beer i turned that issss off.. i gotta be sober to play this

Originally Posted by swendro88  

I don't think we've seen that game yet. I believe Gran Turismo is Sony's best selling series, so that will move units, but that's probably at least 2 years out.

I think Sony has always relied on having a varied games selection, more so than a killer app.
http://www.gtplanet.net/gt7-could-release-next-year-ps4/

With the PS4 seeming to be more "developer-friendly", while "next year" might seem to be a bit ambitious (I'm guessing), "within 2 years" seems reasonable. 

Was hoping for a PS4 release
mean.gif

Looks like my PS3 will be around for a long time.
a new rpg or fighter?

i went b4 it opened. ended up wit 5 ppl in line 5mins b4 8am. handed out papers wit everything they had an your number in line. they were in online pick-up section.
I'm outside one now. Idk if to go to the desk or go towards the ps4 section. What would be my best route?

Back
Top Bottom