The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Previously on black friday

iMYAdMT27HSpq.gif
laugh.gif

Leave it to bum *** Dell to charge tax on this smh. I was tempted to cop since I have a $25 Dell e-gift card I need to use before it expires on 1/9/14 but I'm waiting on these losers to put the dual shock 4 online already.

Even with them charging tax it's still a good deal

Battlefield has crashed on me 4 matches in a row.

Never buying a BF new again. Used copies only.

That sucks Chris.. I have no problems.. Unlocking battlepacks every couple of matches.. I don't play conquest because people hog the planes and helicopters.. I have yet to use one.. So I'll run every other mode..
my silenced blue camo'd sar21!!! Puts in work..

traded in Killzone and picked up NBA2k14.... they definitely made some good changes in the game. Need to put more time into it but im pretty much a casual gamer in the 2k aspect.

Contrast!!! That game is crazy.. Got my girl addicted to it... Reminds me of mirrors edge I think with the blue squared puzzles... If you haven't tried it yet.. Do so.. You'll have to use your brain and idk if NT has the brightest posters..

I still haven't opened my BF yet. Y'all got me shook..
THIS. Theres nothing atm I would trade it in for though

Contrast!!! That game is crazy.. Got my girl addicted to it... Reminds me of mirrors edge I think with the blue squared puzzles... If you haven't tried it yet.. Do so.. You'll have to use your brain and idk if NT has the brightest posters..

Got up to the carnival. Havent had the time to continue playing

X1 getting manhandled in Europe was a given. Post the American number though, thats where the real battle is.. Last I heard X1 dominated black friday followed by the X360... THIS is the battle I care about. Sony has gone on record and said they know they are the challenger in the states. Should be a good fight!

X1 getting manhandled in Europe was a given. Post the American number though, thats where the real battle is.. Last I heard X1 dominated black friday followed by the X360... THIS is the battle I care about. Sony has gone on record and said they know they are the challenger in the states. Should be a good fight!
I think even in NA they're losing.. don't know big or small the number is.. but when the PS dropped only in NA it sold over a million.. the Xbone released a week later and sold over a million in the 13 countries it released.

I read about the black Friday being dominated by M$ as well

Last edited:
I think even in NA they're losing.. don't know big or small the number is.. but when the PS dropped only in NA it sold over a million.. the Xbone released a week later and sold over a million in the 13 countries it released.

I read about the black Friday being dominated by M$ as well

we all have to consider quantity available also. seems like there were way more xbox ones in the wild vs what was around for the ps4.

Pretty much what I thought
laugh.gif
..though they're still both available at my local GS.. I'm sure other places don't have them as available.

we all have to consider quantity available also. seems like there were way more xbox ones in the wild vs what was around for the ps4.

The articles said that it was because of the PS4 supply being so limited and also because Microsoft dropped the price of the Xbox 360 down to $99 on Black Friday.

PS4 sells 2.1 million worldwide

The global sales milestone was shared in a post on the official PlayStation Blog by Sony Computer Entertainment president and group CEO Andrew House.

A rush of sales for the next-generation console positions Sony ahead of its nearest competitor, Microsoft. Days after the Xbox One's launch across Europe and North America, the corporation announced it had sold one million units in under 24 hours.

"PS4's North American debut on November 15th was PlayStation's largest ever, with more than one million gamers picking up a PS4 in just 24 hours," he said.

"Now, with PS4's global launch expanding to a total of 32 countries worldwide, including Europe and Latin America, I'm proud to announce that more than 2.1 million PS4s have been sold."

House also thanked fans for their support of Sony's latest home console.

"I want to personally thank PlayStation fans, both old and new, for your vote of confidence. The best part: the PS4 journey has just begun. In addition to an incredible lineup of PS4 games from the best developers in the world, we will continue to introduce valuable new features and services to PS4 in the months and years ahead."

"While PS4's capabilities will continue to evolve, our commitment to gamers and breakthrough entertainment remains steadfast. We believe that video games represent the pinnacle of artistry and entertainment, and we will work tirelessly to make sure that PlayStation remains the best place to play."

The PS4 launched in North America on November 15 and, according to Sony, as many as one million consoles were sold to North American consumers in a 24 hours period.

The console became available in Europe and Latin America on November 25. It became the fastest selling console in UK history with 250,000 units sold on its opening weekend, beating the long-surviving eight year sales record held by the original PSP, which moved 185,000 units in its three days of availability.

CVG also understands that UK PS4 sales outstripped Wii U's lifetime total

Source:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/441079/ps4-sells-21-million-worldwide/

The source for this information was based on 102k receipts on which 1500 consoles were bought 31% were XBones 15% were PS4s.

1500 x 0.31 = 465

1500 x 0.15 = 225

I am not sure if 240 consoles count as domination.

But factor in the PS4 is still sold out everywhere, consoles were held back for the Euro release, and GS has said their wait list for PS4s is 2.3 million in the U.S. Don't forget, Sony's U.S. launch was just as big as MS world lauch. I think Sony will be o.k.

Last edited:
My 2 cents from a few pages back...

I have a ps3 slim. Ps4 and xbox one. I always thought last gen PsN was doo doo compared to live... it was free tho

Now thats its not free theres no contest Live is muchhh better

I like the games n general on ps better. The ds4 gets a slight edge over the one controller. And iy has more power so from a gaming perspective id say its a clear cut winner but all the tv functionaloty of the one is epic. It feels alot more next gen to me so itll be the one... pause. Im keeping

Same song n dance as last gen tho u cant go wrong either way. Jus dont getta wii U anf u won hah

agreed.... don't get a wii and you win 7 days a week.

the xb1 controller is nice for racing games especially since it has the individual rumble in each trigger now.
I still like the ps4 interface over the xbox1. its kinda painful doing quick items on the xbox1 especially with the party system.

I may have to connect my cable box to the xbox1 tho so I can play games and watch football.

I feel like 2K14 is the only good game out right now

Is COD worth getting? I feel like it's the same thing every year

The source for this information was based on 102k receipts on which 1500 consoles were bought 31% were XBones 15% were PS4s.

1500 x 0.31 = 465

1500 x 0.15 = 225

I am not sure if 240 consoles count as domination.

But factor in the PS4 is still sold out everywhere, consoles were held back for the Euro release, and GS has said their wait list for PS4s is 2.3 million in the U.S. Don't forget, Sony's U.S. launch was just as big as MS world lauch. I think Sony will be o.k.

I see what you are doing. You're trying to use exact numbers to represent the basis of what happened black friday. Doesnt work that way. Listen nobodys downplaying the PS4 and I get it you want Sony to succeed. So do I, I love competition. But its pretty safe to assum M$ will win its fair share of battles

I see what you are doing. You're trying to use exact numbers to represent the basis of what happened black friday. Doesnt work that way. Listen nobodys downplaying the PS4 and I get it you want Sony to succeed. So do I, I love competition. But its pretty safe to assum M$ will win its fair share of battles

Don't worry, I am not doing anything. If you really believe a 240 console difference from a limited poll during a time of limited availability is a credible source of information, have at it. I am just pointing out the obvious that this is a sensationalized story to get hits. And yes, both consoles are going to do well... and no, I am not pulling for anyone, not until Sony or MS start paying my bills anyways.

Last edited:
My 2 cents from a few pages back...

I have a ps3 slim. Ps4 and xbox one. I always thought last gen PsN was doo doo compared to live... it was free tho

Now thats its not free theres no contest Live is muchhh better

I like the games n general on ps better. The ds4 gets a slight edge over the one controller. And iy has more power so from a gaming perspective id say its a clear cut winner but all the tv functionaloty of the one is epic. It feels alot more next gen to me so itll be the one... pause. Im keeping

Same song n dance as last gen tho u cant go wrong either way. Jus dont getta wii U anf u won hah
slept on this myself.. bigger deal to me than I once thought 
laugh.gif

But some people dooo not care about that whatsoever.. which is understandable some people just want to game.

Last edited:
slept on this myself.. bigger deal to me than I once thought :lol: .

But some people dooo not care about that whatsoever.. which is understandable some people just want to game.

That is exactly how I feel and what made me go PS4.

I've got one of these:

View media item 677708
and one of these:

View media item 677709
So I can jump between what I'm doing at a touch of one button without losing display size, or having adds. I don't need a flashy dashboard, I'll take the responsiveness of the PS4 any day (haven't tried the XBone yet, but from what I've heard PS4 is quicker). And throw in the hardware advantages and exclusives of the PS4 making the decision was a wrap.

But I think everyone agrees it is a personnel preference. In my case the PS4 fits better into my entertainment lifestyle. I can see the XBone being very good for the NFL freaks out there... Or someone who want to be reminded to buy Doritos while they game. (I kid, put your jimmies back on)

Battlefield has crashed on me 4 matches in a row.

Never buying a BF new again. Used copies only.

That sucks Chris.. I have no problems.. Unlocking battlepacks every couple of matches.. I don't play conquest because people hog the planes and helicopters.. I have yet to use one.. So I'll run every other mode..
my silenced blue camo'd sar21!!! Puts in work..

Yea Ive read some people are not having any issues at all, while there are a ton of people on the forums who are having the same issues.

Don't worry, I am not doing anything. If you really believe a 240 console difference from a limited poll during a time of limited availability is a credible source of information, have at it. I am just pointing out the obvious that this is a sensationalized story to get hits. And yes, both consoles are going to do well... and no, I am not pulling for anyone, not until Sony or MS start paying my bills anyways.

What I dont believe is your 240 number fluff. Again even you said it is a limited poll ment to represent how the consoles sold throughoutblack friday. You tried to minimize it to 240. So yea you were doing the most. Its clear who you root for you dont have to address me about it lol. Do you bro.

Back
Top Bottom