The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

i1q9EI4Y3wKd5.gif

:wow: :lol:

NPD Sales Results For November

138689058428yfpko.jpg

Hardware:

PlayStation 4: Top selling platform of the month (1 million - 1.6 million)
Xbox One: 909,132 (Fastest selling: 101,000 per day) [Second best selling platform of the month.]
Wii U: 220K

More Info on PS4 sales
NPD analyst Liam Callahan notes that “this is the fourth consecutive month for an increase in combined physical sales across hardware, software and accessories. Unlike the past three months where growth was driven by software, positive trends for both hardware and accessory sales drove on overall increase of 7%.”

Callahan called attach rates of software to hardware “strong,” with PS4 attach rates “exceeding those of the launch months of both the PS3 and the PS2.” He added that interactive gaming toys (those sold for Skylanders and Disney Infinity, specifically) exhibited “tremendous growth versus November 2012, up over 60% in dollar sales as combined sales of Skylanders Swap Force and Disney Infinity provided a positive comparison to sales of only Skylanders Giants sales last year.”

Regarding hardware, Callahan reports that “with the introduction of the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, coupled with positive sales for the Nintendo 3DS, sales in November 2013 marked the best November for hardware sales on record.” He added that PS4 “led U.S. hardware sales for the month, and marked the highest first month sales of a hardware platform on record.”

He clarified that PS4 had an additional week versus Xbox One, noting that “when looking at sales on an average per-week basis, Xbox One led PS4. Keep in mind, however, that supply typically becomes constrained in the second week after launch.” He added that Xbox One was the “second highest selling platform for the month, which marked the largest launch for a Microsoft console.”

Sony says that PlayStation 4 was “the largest console launch in history,” with Jack Tretton, president and CEO of SCEA, calling sales “incredibly strong” since launch. “In North America alone, more than one million PS4 units were sold in only 24 hours and we’re pleased NPD has reported that PS4 was the top selling next gen platform for both hardware and software in November,” Tretton said. “We are humbled by the passion and excitement demonstrated by gamers for PS4. Demand continues to overwhelm supply, but we’re working hard to get PS4 units into the hands of customers throughout the holiday season.” Sony previously reported that 2.1 million PlayStation 4s have been sold globally.

Congrats Sony, but I'm curious to see how December plays out...

Last edited:
Maybe, but it wasn't for quality reasons. The game played smoothly as hell. It probably just didn't sell great.

The game was junk. People loved that series - it would have sold if it was good.

Last edited:
Maybe, but it wasn't for quality reasons. The game played smoothly as hell. It probably just didn't sell great.

The game was junk. People loved that series - it would have sold if it was good.

It has a Metacritic rating of 81 on the PS3, so you're more than welcome to not like it, but by the numbers it is far from "junk" :lol:. The only thing wrong with it to me was that it felt rather short from what I remember. I loved that they realized that they hit the limit of over-the-topness with V3 and took it back to the basics.

There's no way you truly believe that every great game in a popular franchise has sold in a quantity than reflects it's quality.

Last edited:
did they fix the title of that thread yet ? notice how somebody switched it to xbox one (won) they need to take the (won) down for now until they actually win 
tongue.gif
  jk ya'll 

did they fix the title of that thread yet ? notice how somebody switched it to xbox one (won) they need to take the (won) down for now until they actually win 
tongue.gif
  jk ya'll 
MEMPHIS HAS BEEN TYPING LIKE THIS FOR YEARS.

THEREFORE, IT'S SAFE TO SAY THAT THAT THREAD TITLE WILL NEVER CHANGE.

Check out this game called Katamari Forever on the ps triple.

It has simple but excellent gameplay.

The music in the game is awesome as well.

Especially if you like soft music or japanese music.

Last edited:
I've been paying the Katamari games since Katamari Damacy on the PS2. They're all great, fun games that are easy to get into.

I'm usually the one who gets laughed at when I try to recommend these games, but there are some Katamari fans on here.

GT6 :smh:

What the hell happened. I feel like Forza exposed GT when the first dropped Forza 1 after GT4 had been out for awhile. Seems like they have struggled ever since.

Releasing games that are only authentic 30 percent of the time? Sounds are awful, most cars are ports, no damage, and that damn tire sound they have ugh

They are clearly not number 1 anymore and haven't been. It hurts man

Forza is great. I havent played 5, but going off 4, they have really narrowed their focus to fewer cars and really made those cars all look amazing. GT6 went for a larger stable, but alot look subpar.

I will say GT6 is an improvement on 5. And the simulation aspect is still untouched. The presentation (other than the handful of cars they really detailed) is not on Forzas level though.

But its hard to really fault them.... the inferior GT5 outsold Forza 4 by a wide margin on a smaller console base....

It wont last if they continue to ignore their falling stock though.

Last edited:
I still don't see the need for Vita TV. Who wants to buy a Vita game to play on their tv? aren't they meant to played while you're on the go?
They really should just allow you to stream vita games on ps4, if you can do it other way around, I'm sure they can patch that in later.

I broke my ps4 headset. Can you order another headset that came w ps4 or does anyone recommend any better headsets?

Back
Top Bottom