The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

When does those headphones come out?
Part of me thinks that they look nice, but another part thinks that they'll probably be overpriced/hyped garbage.

They have a good track record with the previous 2 headsets.

I  remember there was an article saying it could of stayed an exclusive but Sony didn't want to spend the bread...idk maybe Hybrid can shed light about that if it was true; Now that LR: XIII and Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD is out the way Square must drop some more info soon on FF XV 

I remember reading that it was meant to be an exclusive then the new SE CEO killed it.

If anyone plays ghost feel free to add me..

Tickling_ur_culo mention nt so I don't delete the friend request lol

I just watched someone play Outlast on "Live on Playstation" :smh: :smh: I'm too scurred to do it myself. :smh:

outlastnopewka8h.gif

I feel like Sony might get something special from Square Enix related to FF15 or KH3. PlayStation getting even a timed exclusive deal from a major Square Enix game would be huge for them.

:lol:

Not a chance huh :lol:?

Can't remember where I heard it from but someone made a compelling argument that Sony and Squares relationship has gotten much better the last couple of years, while the Square Enix/Xbox experiment didn't produce the expected results, especially in Japan. Also mentioned that FF14 not being on Xbox can be viewed as a example of this, even though we know MS doesn't really like mmo's on Xbox.

More second son screenshots

index.php

index.php

index.php

Infamous looks absolutely gorgeous, and absolutely everyone that has played it absolutely loves it :lol: This has slowly become my most anticipated game of the year.

Can I ask why some of you want an exclusive Square game? For as much crap as MS got for keeping Titanfall why would Sony get a pass? Honest question.

For those on the fence about getting the 64G Vita memory card. Mine came in the mail last night works great with US consoles.

SE wanted XIV to come to Xbox but there's policies (on the xbox live side) that prevented it. Special things were done with FF11 to get it on Xbox and the XIV infrastructure did not support the necessities to make Xbox Live happy and the gateway was not going to be redeveloped for XIV just to get an Xbox player base. Bottom line, It was not Sony making an exclusive deal or anything of that nature.

Versus has been a lot of things so saying "XV was at one time a Playstation exclusive" can be taken as truth. However, Versus began development on the PS2. Just let that soak in while you continue chomp at the bit for XV.

Redacted.

cdtl3nbecbni.jpg

Last edited:
because Sony had square games as exclusives for years after square parted ways with Nintendo. It was the reason so many people copped a psx, ps2 and a ps3. It's the reason why I haven't copped either system yet to be honest. FfXV coming out would make me cop a system, whether it be an xbox one or a ps4.

If the game came out on a single system instead of being multiplayform then maybe all of the resources would go into making it a better game and making sure it uses as much of the system and pushed it to its limits as possible.

That's what I miss abou ff games.

Fwiw i've never owned a Microsoft system and I'm one of those ppl that buys sony's systems because of final fantasy and because of capcom games...it's just that I still have a bad taste in my mouth after the last gen. I specifically copped a ps3 for the so called exclusives, all of which came out on the xbox. I could have gotten a cheaper system and the same games since the games were altered and delayed specifically because of the xbox.

F
Code:
wiw i've never owned a Microsoft system and I'm one of those ppl that buys sony's systems because of final fantasy and because of capcom games...it's just that I still have a bad taste in my mouth after the last gen. I specifically copped a ps3 for the so called exclusives, all of which came out on the xbox. I could have gotten a cheaper system and the same games since the games were altered and delayed specifically because of the xbox.

If I recall correctly it was the othet way around
Most Games that were third party were created on thw xbox 360 first THEN ported which caused delays and inconsistencies between the two

Can I ask why some of you want an exclusive Square game? For as much crap as MS got for keeping Titanfall why would Sony get a pass? Honest question.

Honestly, exclusives are just more exciting for me, whether it's on Xbox, Playstation or Wii. When a game is made exclusively for a system it often takes advantage of the pros of that particular system. If Titanfall or Infamous were suddenly made multiplatform my hype levels for them would go way down. When Mass Effect went to Playstation I wasn't nearly as excited for 3 as I was for 1&2. Exclusives just stand out more.

If I recall correctly it was the othet way around
Most Games that were third party were created on thw xbox 360 first THEN ported which caused delays and inconsistencies between the two
yeah, but we're kind of saying the same thing. these games were supposed to be exclusives and then whatever happened happened so they ended up doing what you said in this quote which caused ps3 games to not look as good as they could have.

i'm more about gameplay than the graphics but it was very annoying to me because i specifically bought a system and was promised that ____ game would be an exclusive and it was not. it was made for the other system and ported to the ps4. that wasn't what i signed up for.

i'm thinking of tekken 6 and ffXIII in particular.

Finished Infamous 2 :pimp:

So bring on Second Son!!! The MessiaH is ready.

Started Tomb Raider and it's awesome and looks great. Really good game so far.

What are some exclusive games that take "advantage" of the consoles that they've been made for?
I feel that game conps are blowing smoke when they say things like "with the power of *insert console* we were able to do xyz."
Multiplats have more replayability than exclusives.
With exclusives i'm more interested in an experience whereas multiplats are my to go to games when i want to chill.

What are some exclusive games that take "advantage" of the consoles that they've been made for?
I feel that game conps are blowing smoke when they say things like "with the power of *insert console* we were able to do xyz."
Multiplats have more replayability than exclusives.
With exclusives i'm more interested in an experience whereas multiplats are my to go to games when i want to chill.

First couple Halos would not have been as sharp on the PS2

That's the last I can think of. I agree for the most part

Versus has been a lot of things so saying "XV was at one time a Playstation exclusive" can be taken as truth. However, Versus began development on the PS2. Just let that soak in while you continue chomp at the bit for XV.

Redacted.  
   Sheesh so development started around the time they were using Yuna and Rikku for FF XIII ps2 tech demo. Nomura must be meticulous now at making it what he envisioned....or maybe they're trying to prevent another FF XIV disappointment  

Why da f is Tomb Raider not up on amazon's digital playstation store? I have some promotional credit thats been burning a hole in my pocket but it doesn't look like they're gonna add it :smh:

Hopefully Rayman is digital. I need something new to play.

Honestly, exclusives are just more exciting for me, whether it's on Xbox, Playstation or Wii. When a game is made exclusively for a system it often takes advantage of the pros of that particular system. If Titanfall or Infamous were suddenly made multiplatform my hype levels for them would go way down. When Mass Effect went to Playstation I wasn't nearly as excited for 3 as I was for 1&2. Exclusives just stand out more.

Titanfall is multiplatform.

Redacted.  

Sheesh so development started around the time they were using Yuna and Rikku for FF XIII ps2 tech demo. Nomura must be meticulous now at making it what he envisioned....or maybe they're trying to prevent another FF XIV disappointment  

One way to look at it I guess... :lol: I always imagined half the team was making the games, the other half playing popular games that released during its development.

"Oh hey guys we need this in FFXV/XIIIVersus. And this. Oh man! Get this too!"

Back
Top Bottom