The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

anybody have any recommendations for a headset? i had been using a turtle beach p21 for my ps3 but its does not work on the ps4 and i would like something similar to that one.
Yep get it
Is it on the ps4? Also how's black flag ? Thinking about getting it so I can have something to play till infamous . Looking at thiefs live stream it sucks outlast a free game looks more fun and more interestinG

Beats studio 2013 sounds magnificent in your ears

All the PlayStation era Final Fantasies were great and excellent. The best one? I would say VII. VIII, IX, X's, and XIII's are all top notch excellent greatness.(Never played XI, I hear the servers are still up so I may attempt.) VIII was the most difficult because the field monsters would level up along with your party :smh: . Omega Weapon was insanely difficult. I leftout XII cause the battle system was kinda weird and most of the worlds and cities didn't look all that cool to me but the story was still great. I also didn't like how any character could hold any weapon. It was confusing on who's final weapon was who's.

VII remake should be held off until the 15th year anniversary or 20 year anniversary to add to the allure of it. Three years from now seems pretty logical don't y'all think?

People are already streaming it on PS4, I'd just check it out from there if you were "on the fence". Didn't look too bad to me but I also had no intentions of paying $60 for it to begin with.

Been playing FF VIII the last few days, think Im probably right at the end of disc 2. I think Im actually going to finish it this time. For me, this is one of the hardest FF games, the enemies level up with you, I can't seem to find the items to upgrade my weapons, I feel like i can't even win majority of my battles without summoning GFs, nonetheless I'm learning to enjoy it.

OAN I'm going to pick up Castlevania and Tales of Symphonia tonight
pimp.gif

X1 already seeing price cuts in the UK...

From 429.99 to 399 with a FREE copy of Titanfall.

Not a good look to have to start cutting prices already.

So I know I'm a little late saying this but the ending to brothers for the ps3..wow..pretty deep

PS+ for the win.
True... i just played this game over the weekend too, very good experience.  I'm holding off on playing the longer titles, Bioshock Infinite, Shadow of the Colossus. 

Which game is shorter:  Binary Domain or Metro

Sale starts tomorrow
Diablo III $35.99+ $39.99
Dragon’s Crown (PS Vita) $17.49+ $24.99
Dragon’s Crown (PS3) $17.49+ $24.99
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City $4.89+ $6.99
Guacamelee! (Cross-buy) $7.34+ $10.49
Injustice Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition (PS Vita) $14.69+ $20.99
Injustice Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition (PS3) $24.49+ $34.99
Injustice Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition (PS4) $24.49+ $34.99
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch $6.99+ $9.99
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment $3.49+ $4.99
Persona 4 Arena $7.50+ 14.99
Rayman Legends $29.39+ $41.99
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (PS Vita) $17.49+ $24.99
Spelunky (Cross-buy) $7.34+ $10.49
Super Motherload (Cross Buy) $3.75+ $7.49
Tales of Xillia $14.99+ $19.99
Terraria (PS3) $5.99+ $9.99
The Walking Dead: Season 2 – Ep. 1, All That Remains $2.79+ $3.99
The Walking Dead: Season 2 – Season Pass $10.49+ $14.99
The Wolf Among Us – Episode 1: Faith $2.39+ $3.99
The Wolf Among Us Season Pass $8.99+ $14.99
WWE 2K14 $29.99+ $39.99

Vita sale

Castlestorm (cross-buy) PS Vita $4.89+ $6.99
Castlestorm (cross-buy) PS3 $4.89+ $6.99
CastleStorm Complete Edition $6.99+ $9.99
Escape Plan PS Vita (cross-buy) $7.34+ $10.49
Escape Plan PS4 (cross-buy) $7.34+ $10.49
flOw PS Vita (cross-buy) $2.79+ $3.99
flOw PS3 (cross-buy) $2.79+ $3.99
flOw PS4 (cross-buy) $2.79+ $3.99
Flower PS Vita (cross-buy) $3.49+ $4.99
Flower PS3 (cross-buy) $3.49+ $4.99
Flower PS4 (cross-buy) $3.49+ $4.99
Hotline Miami (cross-buy) $2.50+ $4.99
Killzone Mercenary $17.49+ $24.99
Machinarium $1.75+ $3.49
Malicious Rebirth $7.34+ $10.49
Open Me! $4.89+ $6.99
Orgarhythm $4.89+ $6.99
Proteus (cross-buy) $4.19+ $6.99
Ragnarok Odyssey $14.69+ $20.99
Stick it to the Man (cross buy) $6.29+ $8.99
Sumioni: Demon Arts $4.89+ $6.99
Valhalla Knights 3 $14.69+ $20.99
Velocity Ultra $2.09+ $3.49

Last edited:
Been playing FF VIII the last few days, think Im probably right at the end of disc 2. I think Im actually going to finish it this time. For me, this is one of the hardest FF games, the enemies level up with you, I can't seem to find the items to upgrade my weapons, I feel like i can't even win majority of my battles without summoning GFs, nonetheless I'm learning to enjoy it.

OAN I'm going to pick up Castlevania and Tales of Symphonia tonight :pimp:

Junction 99 curaga to strength and its a wrap. It'll get you through a large chunk of the game.

As soon as Im done LR:FF I'll be picking up Symphonia

Last edited:
So I know I'm a little late saying this but the ending to brothers for the ps3..wow..pretty deep

PS+ for the win.
True... i just played this game over the weekend too, very good experience.  I'm holding off on playing the longer titles, Bioshock Infinite, Shadow of the Colossus. 

Which game is shorter:  Binary Domain or Metro

Binary Domain is a little shorter. Metro is the better game. Its like 10 hours for BD, 12 for Metro.

Junction curaga to strength and its a wrap. It'll get you through a large chunk of the game.

As soon as Im done LR:FF I'll be picking up Symphonia
Good looking. Im struggling with this one
laugh.gif
 this is a game I will play again, I like to go through all FF games and collect everything and destroy it!!! I cant wait to get LR:FF, just have to wait for digital river to ship my FF X/X-2 HD ( i ordered them together) its been hard trying not to watch live streams of LR:FF
mean.gif
 Im looking forward to Symphonia, never played on GC, as far as Dawn of the New World, I watched my bro play on the Wii, all I can say is
sick.gif
 hopefully the PS3 version is a lot better.

I wanna play FF X HD on my Vita already.  Never got past the first few minutes of X-2 though, will give it try after i finish X.  X-2 just feels like a game for a chick though

Of all the FInal Fantasy's, Ive played through VIII the most. There is something about finding the best combo of junctioning and equipment that had me obsessed when I was like 14.

One playthrough, I sat outside Balamb (right before you go fight Ifrit - pretty much the beginning of the game) and fought enemies and T-Rex's until I had leveled enough to be able to pull Curaga from enemies. That playthrough was hilarious as having it so early caused even the easiest enemies to be crazy difficult.

That's why FF VIII appeals to me so much. Something about finding different combos makes it a lot more strategic and really requires you to think about what you do. To think, people knock turn-based games for being too easy
mean.gif
 this is a game you arent just going to run through w/o some knowledge of the game

Any turn based games on ps3? Need a time killer. Also wanna put my little one onto RPGs. Never liked the whole running around battle system. Need something I can slow down with. The game will be on pause most of the time running around in the house. Hate pausing, if I still hear the game in background I'll come back to it.

Any turn based games on ps3? Need a time killer. Also wanna put my little one onto RPGs. Never liked the whole running around battle system. Need something I can slow down with. The game will be on pause most of the time running around in the house. Hate pausing, if I still hear the game in background I'll come back to it.

Have a look at Vandal Hearts on PSN.

I never felt like FFVIII was hard but i guess i learned good strategies back when i first played.

What I loved about FFVIII was that there were so many ways you could play it. You could literally play the game using all GF's every battle, all attacks and limit breaks, or use magic, etc.

The junction system was great. The card game was the second best FF minigame ive ever played(FFX Blitzball was the GOAT).

A good strategy is use Meltdown on all enemies. It lowers their stats. Hero Drinks( it think thats what they were called) makes you capable of using Limit Breaks every turn, just keep cancelling the turn until it shows up. Or you could just keep your characters in critical states and apply the same strategy.

Im about to cop on PSN so i can relive my childhood :lol:

i already replayed FFIX, i thought it was straight but sadly it wasnt as dope as i remembered but i did only play through it once back in the day. I replayed VIII like 10 times because i never had disc 3 :smh:

Back
Top Bottom