The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Pretty much every game that ps+ makes free is a game that I've bought on the 360.

Midas whale stop purchasing games, because they'll be free on ps+ sooner or later.

(castlevania) its is meh.... its kinda like a poor mans devil may cry...and has that button timed response ala like max payne 3...id give it like a 6 6.5
Not sure if I'd call it a poor man's devil may cry considering castlevania has been around since the 80s. IMO theres only so much you can do with a hack and slash

Im gonna run out of HDD space with all these free games
laugh.gif
 I think I have about 29GBs left on the PS3 not too sure about PS4. Im definitely DLing Tomb Raider, Dead Nation, Unit 13, and Monster Hunter. Crazy thing is majority of the PS+ games I DL, I have yet to finish one, I just cant turn down a free game
laugh.gif

Not sure if I'd call it a poor man's devil may cry considering castlevania has been around since the 80s. IMO theres only so much you can do with a hack and slash
True but that can be said for games like lost pIanet, crysis, mass effect, so on and so on basically the same premise of game/concept. I only say that because dmc is clearly the better game.... I would even go as far as to say no more heroes for wii is a better game.

It's different from the side-scrolling 80's/90's Castelvania though. He's right about being a poor man's DmC (if we're talking about the latest Devil May Cry)

True but that can be said for games like lost pIanet, crysis, mass effect, so on and so on basically the same premise of game/concept. I only say that because dmc is clearly the better game.... I would even go as far as to say no more heroes for wii is a better game.
Not really sure what makes it better game but to each is own. I can admit that my opinion may be biased seeing as how I've been playing Castlevania since the NES days. DMC was never really my cup of tea, if anything I thought it was a rip off of Castlevania. The reboot however, did spark my interest.

It's different from the side-scrolling 80's/90's Castelvania though. He's right about being a poor man's DmC (if we're talking about the latest Devil May Cry)
I understand that, I've played the first Lords of Shadow and enjoyed it more than DMC. I even enjoyed the Castlevania games on PS2 that the reviews bashed. Just all personal preference, I know that DMC has a big fan base, just never been able to get into it though.

I understand that, I've played the first Lords of Shadow and enjoyed it more than DMC. I even enjoyed the Castlevania games on PS2 that the reviews bashed. Just all personal preference, I know that DMC has a big fan base, just never been able to get into it though.
   Yea Lament of Innocence was great; first Lords of Shadow was pretty good also. The 2nd one idk they kind of dropped the ball on this one and you would think DmC would be embraced by the series big fan base but it wasn't and I don't understand it's the best Devil May Cry so far imo

Not really sure what makes it better game but to each is own. I can admit that my opinion may be biased seeing as how I've been playing Castlevania since the NES days. DMC was never really my cup of tea, if anything I thought it was a rip off of Castlevania. The reboot however, did spark my interest.
oddly enough feel the same sorta.... I still play the older castlevania ie...retroarch ps3... as well as older metal gear...(didn't really care for mgr, was to far removed from original) Ive only played castlevania 2 like 3 times ill give it a few more tries...but so far its meh. I guess I was just hoping for more ala how resident evil series has kinda tailed off imho.

I just got my Tomb Raider PS4 edition from amazon yesterday.... Gameplay is buttery smooth, although I would've liked to play it for free, i got it for $30 or $40 and plan on selling it after i'm done.  Game is pretty wild so far though, basically everything that can go wrong for Lara does go wrong.  Got me reminiscing about the old Tomb Raiders, i forgot she becomes this super rich woman with mansions and ****, I remember running around that house thinking damn, this girl got it made. :lol:

Monster Hunter for the Vita will be instadownloaded though

Last edited:

oddly enough feel the same sorta.... I still play the older castlevania ie...retroarch ps3... as well as older metal gear...(didn't really care for mgr, was to far removed from original) Ive only played castlevania 2 like 3 times ill give it a few more tries...but so far its meh. I guess I was just hoping for more ala how resident evil series has kinda tailed off imho.
I bought LoS2 just haven't played it yet. So maybe I won't like it, idk. The only problem I had with LoS was the fact there wasn't any traditional background music throughout most of the game. I bought the Collector's Edition just for the soundtrack and was highly disappointed. I've already prepped myself to face that same disappointment with LoS2.

Is this dead nation suppose to be any diff on ps4? Or is it going to be basically the same game from a couple of years ago

Called it before, deadnation was gonna be the ps4 ps+ free game for march. Noone believed me
frown.gif

PS+ for PS4 not looking so great so far, I know it's been early so far but still

Gotta wait for some more games to come out for the PS4. Can't compare it to all the games they getting for PS3, look how long it has been out, lol

Back
Top Bottom